PDA

View Full Version : Do these MOS still exist?

Eric Hood
08-18-08, 10:28 AM
Fellow Marines!
Help me out here. Are there still cooks, admin people and supply MOS in the Corps? I have read here and there, that these jobs are handled by civilians. Is this true? Do Marines still pull mess duty?
Thanks,
Semper Fi,
Eric:marine:

Achped
08-18-08, 10:38 AM
yessir, all those MOS's are still handled by Marines. Cooks are handled alot more by civilians, especially at training bases, but admin and supply still are Marines.

Phantom Blooper
08-18-08, 11:21 AM
My BIL was a chief cook MSGT at Camp Geiger when the civilians took over. He retired shortly after wards. From what he told me...civials are contracted and cook and clean the MH...there is no longer...

chicoluv USMC
08-18-08, 11:33 AM
Wow , how things changed ?

Achped
08-18-08, 12:23 PM
SSgt, we never had mess men at boot. At least at PI the entire time i was there, I never saw a recruit cleaning the mess hall or working there.

Alot of b**** work like that has been taken out to spend more time training to be a Marine in combat, less time training to be a PFC in garrison haha.

Eric Hood
08-19-08, 08:45 AM
Thanks. I never thought that I was in the Old Corps. Maybe, it's just middle age!!

Old Marine
08-19-08, 09:29 AM
I understand that the French are running the Marine Corps Mess Halls.

Eric Hood
08-19-08, 10:59 AM
Then I eating C-rats.

tripledog
08-20-08, 04:42 PM
1961 we had boots in mess hall duty, cooking, washing, cleaning, peeling them gd potatoes, etc. Where the frig were them gd civies then? And we had one in charge of making sure the s.peter was...