PDA

View Full Version : Washinton DC Trip A Success

JAMarine
05-18-03, 08:13 PM
This might be the first Post about the 3rd Annual "Wall" Trip and the 2nd Annual Leatherneck.com DC Trip but it won't be the last.
I can guarantee you that. It won't be the last.
What a Fantastic time was had by all.
Shaffer and Nicole
thedrifter and Ellie and Pam
FREEBIRD
mrbsox
CAS
JAMarine

I hope and pray that everyone returned home safe and sound.

Thank you goes out from me to Colleen, Mike and Roger and Jerry for such a wonderful trip. If it had not been for the prior planning of these Good people the trip would not have turned out as it did.

THANK YOU!

Stay tuned for specific details of all the fun and excitement.

Glad to be home Brothers and Sisters.

Sixguns
05-18-03, 09:04 PM
I talked with CAS about the trip today. Sounds like I missed out on a great time. I did have dinner with Jerry and Nicole last week before the reunion. Colleen was there too, but I can't really say she had dinner, unless someone defines three draft beers as a meal (true sign of an alcoholic!). Jerry and I had fun getting our jabs in on Colleen. Jerry made a little presentation to me in the restaurant and I was humbled. His most kind gesture and appreciation made me feel special (kind of like how Colleen must feel when every man in every bar she goes into decides to hit on her!). The community is truly a band of brothers and I look forward to next year's get together. I know I won't have to do any home improvement projects that will keep me away.

SF,

SIXGUNS

thedrifter
05-18-03, 09:53 PM
All in all the DC Trip was great...........Having worked this past year with Jerry, Rich and Colleen it was a pleasure to finally meet them in person. It was good to toast a few with Mike and Terry. Now it starts all over again........The planning of next years DC Trip..........So start planning on it now.......Just don't let Jerry navigate the streets in DC.....LMAO.......Next year we will make sure Nicole drives.........LOL.........Hey Collleen you will just have to come to Philly and get your "CAR BOMB" (A good Drink} in a good Irish Bar........LOL

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

JAMarine
05-18-03, 10:10 PM
I believe everyone is accounted for except FREEBIRD. Hopefully he made it back in one piece. And I hope the weather cooperated with him and his Harley.

Now Roger............................................. .......

Getting lost couldn't have been Shaffers fault each time could it?

or

Was It?

:p

What nickname did Nicole give him................ Mr. "U"ie!

"Wow $hoot, His light just came on. I'm headin for the Border. Thanks JAM"!

Semper Fi Marines

thedrifter
05-18-03, 10:24 PM
We also are waiting to hear from Terry (mrbsox)...........Hopefully they both didn't get directions from Jerry.........LOL.........We just know that all went well............Now next year we will sent Jerry back to navigation school.........LMAO........

Rich we will just have to make sure Jerry has a compass and up-to-date map........LOL

Was wondering if Nicole(Santos) is safely back home.........Since Jerry didn't say anything..............Maybe he afraid she will spill the beans......LMAO

Sempers,

Roger

JAMarine
05-18-03, 11:21 PM
Didn't mean to forget Terry. I'm pretty tired after most of the night at MURPHY'S. Boy Howdy did I have fun. Thank You CAS. What a Great Suggestion.

And I just know Shaffer got Nicole home safe. That would have to be a Top Priority.

I won't ever worry about getting lost with Shaffer as long as there is still a Pentagon. LMAO.

mrbsox
05-19-03, 08:03 AM
Present and accounted for :marine:

Got in Sunday afternoon, and started right in on the 'backlog' of stuff. Got the sons truck running, AND got the wife pi$$ed at me again. Back to normal :banana: Had to come to work to slow down enough to get on line.

More to come for sure, pics and stories.

(in D.I. voice) THE REST OF YOU BETTER START GETTING YOUR ACT TOGETHER TO BE HERE NEXT YEAR !!!

It was GREAT to meet all of you finally.
FREEBIRD, thanks for dinner, and taking care of me at 'The Wall'.
SHAFFER (Nicole), Thanks for the hospitality, the 'SCENIC TOURS', and STUFF.
DRIFTER, Ms ELLIE, (Pam), "Thanks" just doesn't do justice to the feelings towards ya'll, but it's a start.
JAMARINE, Enjoyed the company, help, and driving. Keep yourself safe, Bro.
COLLEN, Hubba Hubba :p Thanks for letting me 'keep you warm'.

Terry

mrbsox
05-19-03, 08:19 AM
First pic

CAS3
05-19-03, 09:31 AM
Where the heck all of these other people were???They missed out! Better start putting away the pennies for next year.
1. The Drifter (Roger)

2. Ellie (The Drifter's wife)

3. SpringDawn (Drifter's daughter)

4. Freebird (Mike)

5. Mrs. Freebird

6. Jerry Shaffer....Webmaster

7. mrbsox (Terry)

8. Joe Gore

9. Cas3 (Colleen)

10. Chick

11. ChicagoUSMC

12. JAMarine

13. sundoo

14. Mrs sundoo

15. USMC0311(JoeT)

16. prmama (Heather)

17. Sixguns

18. Joe Ruffing

19. Reefer Madness (Drifter's Son)

20. marinemom

FREEBIRD
05-19-03, 06:51 PM
I made it home Safe, Soaking wet, cold , but safe. I left DC around 9:00 and arived in RICHMOND AROUND 12:00 soaking wet, and very cold!!!!
I really enjoyed the trip and i think it was the best one yet. It just keeps getting better!!
Thanks to all for being there this year!
Thanks to Roger for bringing his family and the GREAT planning.
Thanks to Jerry for all you do for this site and all of us, you are a true Brother!!
Thanks to Colleen for all the fun and all the planning, you are the bestest!!!
Thanks to Terry for making the extra effort to make it this year and being a true brother of Marines!!
Thanks to the wetback who swam across the river just to come to DC to see me!!!! I know she was with Jerry, but Jeff Gordons wife is with him sometimes too!!! LMAO
Seriously, she was beautiful and a great personalty!!!
Thanks to all Rogers family for being with us, even though she was bored at times LOL
And last but not at all least , A BIG THANKS to lil ***** (Rich) for making the long trip. I knew when I met you on the computer you were a very special person, just didnt know how special, you are a true MARINE all the way Bro!! Proud to know you and hope you can make it again!!! May God Bless you each and every Day!!!

I can't wait til next year, lets get the plans started soon!!!
Love you all.............
Mike
FREEBIRD
PS....Rich, Thanks for the phone calls you made to Mr. Cobb and the others, it really made my day to hear thier voices

thedrifter
05-24-03, 10:56 AM
If all who planned to attend this year go next year, the Trip will be a great success again.........I know that I will be there next year, come Hell or High Water......LOL

Sempers,

Roger

Sniperone
05-28-03, 08:36 AM
Glad to here everyone had a great time and a safe trip home! I'm sorry I missed it this year. I told everyone I was going and then called off about two weeks prior to the trip. I never said why I didn't go, so I figure you all deserve an explanation. About two years ago I ruptured a disc in my lower back, had surgery and about 3 months of rehab, well about 3 weeks prior to the trip I did it again... I haven't had surgery yet, sometime in june. I knew I couldn't make the drive to DC without doing more damage and didn't want to be a burden to anyone. I will be there next year!!! I hope someone sends me some pics!