PDA

View Full Version : tattoos

jimjb1234
08-17-08, 09:01 PM
Is it ever to late to get a Marine Corp tattoo. i got out in 94 and i never got a tattoo because i wasn't into them. Now i want one but is it to late? Let me know Marines what you think.

Haffner
08-17-08, 09:16 PM
Hell no! If you wanna permanently emblazen your physical body with some motivation, have at it! My Uncle, a Vietnam Veteran, just got his about 2 years and some change ago (when I graduated bootcamp).

Phantom Blooper
08-17-08, 09:19 PM
There will be varying opinions on tattoos on this forum...yays and nays...however that being said,"Weight (Wait) broke the wagon!"

If you want to do some thing in life within legalities...go for it! Create your own "Bucket List",you are not promised tomorrow!

sparkie
08-17-08, 09:35 PM
I got out at 22,,,, Got my EGA at 50. Go for it.

jetdoc
08-18-08, 01:57 PM
I had to cover up my original one from 78, the basic bulldog....the Iwo Jima Flag raising theme and a new EGA was completed about 3 years ago.

Its your body and if you're no longer in then you do what you want to do.

nptwildcat
08-18-08, 02:10 PM
Five years ago, just before our twenty year reunion I got my first tat. It's the country of Lebannon with the Eagle Globe and Anchor above it. The tip of the anchor is pointing at Beirut. Inside the country is the numbers of our fallen Brothers on Oct. 23, 1983 and the total number lost over the two years. It took me fourty one years to decide on a tat. and I finally knew exactlly what I wanted and I did it. So go for it!

Crusader20
08-18-08, 03:03 PM
Got out in 1998 and didnt have a EGA. Didn't think about it at the time.

Long story short. Got mine this year. Love it!

OLE SARG
08-18-08, 05:51 PM
Well, I got out of the Corps in 1970 and I am thinking real hard about getting me a Marine Corps tattoo. Have thought about it for the last two years and I think I am going to do it. My wife chuckles everytime I start talking about it - so I might just surprise her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,