PDA

View Full Version : Do I Get To Go To Boot Camp?

JesseGlenTurner
08-17-08, 03:48 AM
So I leave for boot camp tomorrow so I'm saying goodbye to all my friends and hanging out with my girlfriend like normal people do. Well as I was dropping my girlfriend home I accidentally misjudge another cars speed and pull out and cut him off a little bit. So I quickly speed up and notice he speeds up also and is riding my ass. So I roll down the window to say sorry and they are screaming "Pull the $$$$ over" so I start to slow down yet my brother,who is in the back seat, is like "Jesse speed the $$$$ up and don't pull over". I take his advice and drive fast to avoid them..they follow us for about 5 minutes and then i speed up even faster. This goes on for about 15 minutes until they corner us and force me to drive through somebody's property just to get away. As I am driving through their property the people in the car are throwing beer bottles and rocks at my car,one happens to break my windshield and 2 dent the side,once I get out of the persons yard I continue to drive away exceedingly fast. They stay on my tail and manage to pass me since my car is really slow.I happened to get their license plate number>>>>>880 SZE. Once their in front of my vehicle they try and run me off the road numerous time but I do get past them and head to a sheriffs office and tell him the entire story. Well the problem is that this would be an open court case and that would prevent me from joining the MARINES!!!!Am I right????Is that not messed up or what?

If I don't post any replies then you know that I still went to boot camp but If I reply then I obviously am SCREWED!

Covey_Rider
08-17-08, 05:55 AM
Talk to your recruiter. It's the only thing you can do.

UsmcMotorT
08-17-08, 06:59 AM
I believe any pending cases would have to be resolved before you leave. But definately ask your recruiter.

fjmas1976
08-17-08, 07:09 AM
Talk to your Recruiter. I would think that "open case" refers to a case moving forward with charges being brought against you due to an arrest or summons to Court. You were the one reporting the...

CplKJSpevak
08-17-08, 07:12 AM
Well, Your not the aggressor here, good job in taking their plate number and going right to the police station....

darkgreen0311
08-17-08, 10:13 AM
This is not an open and shut case. Anytime a person tries to run you off the road with their vehicle it is considered a weapon. This now becomes felonious assault wth a vehicle. This means a court case and testimony. You may be held up for a minute. Listen to the advice of your recruiter.

:marine:SEMPER FI 4 LIFE!!!

darkgreen0311
08-17-08, 10:17 AM
Plus your brother was in the back seat that makes him a witness.

thewookie
08-17-08, 10:26 AM
Since he is the one pressing charges can't he just ask the Sherrif to drop them due to the circumstances? Or is this too serious/gone too far for that? <br />
<br />
I'd talk to your recruiter, and ask him to...

darkgreen0311
08-17-08, 11:00 AM
Yeah he can drop the case. I just hope the Sheriff wasn't an azz because an Officer can act with or without the victim, because he's been informed of an alleged felony crime. If the case gets presented to a Prosecutor by the Officer and the victim drops the case, the Officer and the Prosecutor could jam him up and get him for filing a false Police report. I doubt it goes this far.

fjmas1976
08-17-08, 11:07 AM
I just hope the Sheriff wasn't an azz because an Officer can act with or without the victim, because he's been informed of an alleged felony crime
All he can do is summons. Even then, without a victim/witness present to give testimony, the case will get thrown out.

JesseGlenTurner
08-17-08, 12:47 PM
Good news! I just got done talking to my recruiter and he said I still get to go to boot camp!I'm Excited. The whole problem though is that I want to press charges. That $$$$ should not be...

SGT7477
08-17-08, 12:58 PM
So I leave for boot camp tomorrow so I'm saying goodbye to all my friends and hanging out with my girlfriend like normal people do. Well as I was dropping my girlfriend home I accidentally misjudge another cars speed and pull out and cut him off a little bit. So I quickly speed up and notice he speeds up also and is riding my ass. So I roll down the window to say sorry and they are screaming "Pull the $$$$ over" so I start to slow down yet my brother,who is in the back seat, is like "Jesse speed the $$$$ up and don't pull over". I take his advice and drive fast to avoid them..they follow us for about 5 minutes and then i speed up even faster. This goes on for about 15 minutes until they corner us and force me to drive through somebody's property just to get away. As I am driving through their property the people in the car are throwing beer bottles and rocks at my car,one happens to break my windshield and 2 dent the side,once I get out of the persons yard I continue to drive away exceedingly fast. They stay on my tail and manage to pass me since my car is really slow.I happened to get their license plate number>>>>>880 SZE. Once their in front of my vehicle they try and run me off the road numerous time but I do get past them and head to a sheriffs office and tell him the entire story. Well the problem is that this would be an open court case and that would prevent me from joining the MARINES!!!!Am I right????Is that not messed up or what?

If I don't post any replies then you know that I still went to boot camp but If I reply then I obviously am SCREWED!

You should have just pulled over and kicked some A$$.:evilgrin:

chicoluv USMC
08-17-08, 01:00 PM
Congrats & good Luck jesse. Glad to hear this little bull is resolved . U did the right thing By joining the Corp .

fjmas1976
08-17-08, 01:20 PM
I would have gotten out with my knife and then see if they still wanted to mess with me
Are you kidding me? I've seen your profile pic....you're not that tough. Also, that's assault with a dangerous weapon(a felony). Felony=No Marine Corps. Don't be a dumb*ss, use your head and think.:evilgrin:

p.s.- A wise man once said "Never bring a knife to a gunfight." How well do you think your knife would have held up against a car full of people and whatever weapons they had?:usmc:

SGT7477
08-17-08, 02:21 PM
Congrats & good Luck jesse. Glad to hear this little bull is resolved . U did the right thing By joining the Corp .

It is Corps Marine.:flag:

Hologram
08-17-08, 02:46 PM
Well, from what you've said, there were two other witnesses, and one should be more than enough to send the driver and perhaps his buddies to jail for a while, so I wouldn't worry about it.

fjmas1976
08-17-08, 03:03 PM
Well, from what you've said, there were two other witnesses, and one should be more than enough to send the driver and perhaps his buddies to jail for a while, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Nobody is going to jail. I've seen enough of the legal system to know that this case is either getting tossed or they might plead out for next to nothing.:evilgrin:

ttracker65
08-17-08, 07:12 PM
Son the Marines have it right, You may find that the local DA's Office will ask you to do a tape recorded testimony along with your brother to witness that that was the person but they will work with you as to you serving your country. You did the right thing regardless that could have been your girlfriend driving alone and we do not need those type of people on the road. Accidents happen but a car IS a weapon!

CplKJSpevak
08-17-08, 08:40 PM
If it was just me in the car I would have gotten out with my knife and then see if they still wanted to mess with me

:confused: They might have taken that knife from you and shoved it up your AZZ!.......What you did do was the SMART thing,..... But you gave me a chuckle talking tough after the fact, silly recruit:bunny:

tripledog
09-03-08, 02:21 PM
Personally I would finish boot camp, get me 10 guys and go look this person up. But I am a rabble rouser. And I would never take a knife to a gun fight. I would take a machine gun. Something has to be done, or your gf or future ex wife will not respect you as a man. Deal with it .

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 02:23 PM

no offense, but your judgement SUCKS. If some guy is following you, just slowly drive to the closest police station or fire station. What is he going to do, get out and beat you up right in front of the cops?

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 02:28 PM
Personally I would finish boot camp, get me 10 guys and go look this person up. But I am a rabble rouser. And I would never take a knife to a gun fight. I would take a machine gun. Something has to be done, or your gf or future ex wife will not respect you as a man. Deal with it .

Ummm and spend the next 10 years of your life in the brig? No thanks.

JesseGlenTurner
11-15-08, 04:23 AM
Everything's Good With The Police..They Took Care Of It...And When I Was Being Chased Their Was No Police Station Anywhere Near By Otherwise I Would Have Gone There Immediately

sparkie
11-15-08, 07:10 AM
Congrats, little Bro. Hows it feel?
[Glad the soap opera's over]
Enjoy your leave, Marine.

Marine84
11-15-08, 09:23 AM
Everything's Good With The Police..They Took Care Of It...And When I Was Being Chased Their Was No Police Station Anywhere Near By Otherwise I Would Have Gone There Immediately

You just graduated high school or boot camp? Either way, you may want to put another profile pic up cause I see flames shooting out of your a$$ in the one you have up now. ;)

blackshirts
11-15-08, 05:19 PM
Are you kidding me? I've seen your profile pic....you're not that tough. Also, that's assault with a dangerous weapon(a felony). Felony=No Marine Corps. Don't be a dumb*ss, use your head and think.:evilgrin:

p.s.- A wise man once said "Never bring a knife to a gunfight." How well do you think your knife would have held up against a car full of people and whatever weapons they had?:usmc:
What in the hell is that profile pic? That's about as gay of a picture one could have and he put it as something to represent himself. Interesting.

Maldonado 2060
11-15-08, 05:41 PM
What in the hell is that profile pic? That's about as gay of a picture one could have and he put it as something to represent himself. Interesting.

That pic is hilarious. It looks like he was put in the chicken wing by an imaginary wrestler and hes looking for the referee.Good job on getting the plates and all but next time just slow the car down of he rides even more just stop the car completly(not brake checking) and please dont go looking for these guys after boot. Your gonna feel like superman but those hand cuffs and a nice ride in the sheriffs car will bring you back to reality.good luck recruit

Tommyray
11-17-08, 11:23 PM
I'm guessing your gone by now.. but couldn't the guy have just had his brother/girlfriend who were also being offended press charges? <br />
<br />
He could even claim to hold no witness to the event if that...