PDA

View Full Version : New Marine with a question about reporting in

eipoth
08-16-08, 05:35 PM
I just graduated this Friday on 15 Aug 2008. My orders state that I'm supposed to report in on 17 Aug 2008, a Sunday, no later than 1300 to Buffalo. But the problem is my parents and I are driving up to my home, which is still about 8 hours away from Buffalo and I wont be there until Sunday evening. From there I'll just take a plane to Buffalo, but I still won't be able to make it by 1300 Sunday. The Master Gunnery Sergeant on Parris Island said that he would include a note in my packet. I called the First Sergeant of the I&I staff on Friday after graduation and today, but got the answering machine everytime. I left 2 messages. I also let my recruiter know, and he is seeing what he can do. So as of now, my problem is I have no idea of what to do. I do not want to be marked UA within 3 days out of boot camp. Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you and Semper Fidelis.

BR34
08-16-08, 05:52 PM
It's simple, if you aren't where you're supposed to be, when you're supposed to be, you are UA.

This may sound crazy, but how about leaving your parents early and getting to where you are supposed to be on time, without all of the excuses? Your recruiter and/or drill instructor will have no impact on your FMF career.

sgt tony
08-16-08, 07:44 PM
If your orders say be there then that is where and when. If you are late you will be UA. That is why they give you orders and now you have to comply with them.

sparkie
08-16-08, 07:59 PM
Get used to , Office Hours. It's your job to work it out.
Your first thought should have been a Bee Line to fufill your orders.

SgtHMH
08-16-08, 08:06 PM
Welcome To The Corps and the Run around. Just one minute though are you reading those orders right ? You Grad on Friday 8-15-08 and have to report into your unit on 8-17-08 there is something wrong there and when you call no one answers there ? If this is a Drill Weekend and people are supposed to report in they would have someone there. You are in Transit from PI and they expect you be there in less than two days, do the best you can they will understand.

It is called hurry up and wait !!!

Semper Fi

packy46
08-16-08, 08:06 PM
" I'm supposed to report in on 17 Aug 2008, a Sunday, no later than 1300 to Buffalo."
Follow your written orders,you won't go wrong....
S/F New Brother,Welcome to the most prestigious club in the world.
Tim

Nick Valdez
08-16-08, 08:16 PM
Don't think because you made a few phone calls that everything is ok. Not a good way to start out in the Corps, being UA. REPORT ON TIME. Excuses are like AH, eveyone got one. Good luck.
PS. Welcome to the few, the proud, the MARINES

Drill for life
08-16-08, 08:29 PM
I just graduated this Friday on 15 Aug 2008.

Thank you for enlisting in the Marine Corps. I can't wait til I graduate from Parris Island Recruit Depot. I can sleep well knowing there are Marines fighting foe our country.

Drill for life
08-16-08, 08:35 PM
I just graduated this Friday on 15 Aug 2008

Congratulations. I will be praying for you. I can sleep well at night knowing that the Marine Corps is still around.

sparkie
08-16-08, 08:39 PM
Drill for Outhouse,,,,,, Go The Fuk home,,,,,,You are a juinor in HS???? Go post on myspace with the other wet blankets.

rsharetts
08-16-08, 10:29 PM
YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT, YOU JUST HAVE TO DO IT. If it was me I would be at my appointed place at the appointed time. And since we are talking about tomorrow, you better get your A## in gear.

:usmc:OOHRAH:usmc:

PS: Welcome to the Corps.

jrhd97
08-16-08, 10:39 PM
Plenty of time. No excuse not to make it. Mom and Dad will have to go with out a stay at the Holiday Inn and a few less pee breaks. I've pulled many trips longer in less time and made it on time.
You're a Marine, Improvise. It's a trade mark of every Marine.

crate78
08-16-08, 11:11 PM
If your orders state to be there by 1300 tomorrow, you should be hauling a$$ in that direction instead of screwing around on the Internet. Where in your orders does it say you can go home first?

crate

eipoth
08-18-08, 09:01 PM
I reported in today to my Reserve Station without any problems. It actually turned out to be that today was when they expected a lot of us to report in. Part of the confusion was that they told us at Parris Island we would be able to come in on Monday even though orders said Sunday. Though for next time I'll definitely get there when the orders say to, never taking a chance like this again, too much worrying. Thanks for the help guys. Everything has been cleared up now.