PDA

View Full Version : My Last Poolee Function

MontySpecial
08-16-08, 04:35 PM
My last Poolee function was today. It was rough. It was what SSgt. Pulliam said, "the easiest workout day you can do compared to PI and we're done for the day at 1200!" The warm up wasn't a problem at all. I'm not super fit, but I do what I can do show them I never quit.
- 9 pull ups
- 55 push ups
- 54 sit ups
- 65 'ins an outs' (it's balancing on your butt with your legs six inches raised straight out in front of you and bringing them in and out)
- 45 squats
- 20 body builders or "burpees"

=-end warm up-=

then immediately after that a "hydration period" and a 4 mile run through wooded areas then finally runs up 11 sets of stairs (As a Poolee shipping out this month along with four others, we decided to do the stairs twice more). This was probably the best d**n function I went to!

Of course my voice is thrashed and during the run I slowed down and walked which got me hazed by a former Marine, who was actually proud to say for the smallest guy there I screamed louder than anyone.

Let's not forget I puked my guts out four times (and when I say that, I really puked up something fierce). It started mostly because I was yelling so much and I had all of this water in me during the run it all just came out. Nothing felt better than getting that crap out of my system.
Which sort of brings me as to why I did throw up so much today, when I PT with my recruiters EVERY workweek for the past three weeks and I never did then.

Puking shows you're not willing to give up. I will never give up at Paris Island. I will puke and be proud about it!

yellowwing
08-16-08, 04:49 PM
Ohh-rahh!

JOConnell
08-16-08, 05:07 PM
"Of course my voice is thrashed and during the run I slowed down and walked which got me hazed by a former Marine, who was actually proud to say for the smallest guy there I screamed louder than anyone."

Quick! Watch the use of "Former Marine" becuase your about to get hazed by alot more than one Marine. Remember its Marine, Marine Veteran, or Retired Marine. Quick!

PhantomLord
08-16-08, 08:38 PM
Just a little word of advice with the puking. Really try not to. I know its hard and you can't help it sometimes but you can get extremely dehydrated by doing that and thats going to effect everything you do physically and mentally. Good luck with your final days of training before the big day.