PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else motivated by the Olympics?

bonnjanry
08-16-08, 01:26 AM
USA! USA! USA!

It's motivating to watch our athletes smash the competition. Can you guys say Michael Phelps? Makes me anxious to represent the red, white, and blue as a Marine when I graduate! :iwo:

It'd be so awesome to be there right now, chanting "USA!" and cheering Americans on.

Wyoming
08-16-08, 02:14 AM
Anyone else motivated by the Olympics?

NOPE!!

yellowwing
08-16-08, 03:28 AM
That level of competition is high intensity tempo! Get some!

sparkie
08-16-08, 07:14 AM
Is it over yet?

outlaw3179
08-16-08, 10:39 AM
Hell yes Im motivated . Get some USA.

RockSteady85
08-16-08, 04:10 PM
Hell yeah I am motivated by the Olympics. Every time I watch Michael Phelps it gives me the chills. Did you see him win yesterday by .01 of a second?! It was just insane. It makes me want to get back into competitive swimming like I was in college...or if I really, really wanted to, gun for the 2012 London Olympics. I don't know if med school would allow me the time to train adequately, though! :-/

DGardner
08-16-08, 04:32 PM
Nastia Liukin, Michael Phelps, Christina Loukas. With such great athletes representing the USA, how can I not be motivated? I'll be even more motivated at the Winter Olympics! Can you say snowboarding? :)

MontySpecial
08-16-08, 04:44 PM
I think anyone could be motivated by Phelps. He eats like a super fat kid and is still skinny!

The Olympics are a good thing, it shows that there are some US civilians that are still fit.

Avazina
08-16-08, 04:47 PM
Anyone else motivated by the Olympics?NO!!

RockSteady85
08-16-08, 04:59 PM
I think anyone could be motivated by Phelps. He eats like a super fat kid and is still skinny!

The Olympics are a good thing, it shows that there are some US civilians that are still fit.

I heard Phelps needs to eat some 4,000 calories a day, and he burns through them with all of his training and workouts. It's insane.

And they Olympics are definitely a good thing in showing that the US is not totally full of fat bodies; the US is leading in the medal standings over China, 54-47 :banana:

sparkie
08-16-08, 05:08 PM
Take a close look at the faces,,,,,,,,, If you can't see steroids, take another look at Arnold. Oversized eyebrows, cheekbones, chin. Especially look at the Russian women. Am I cynical? Or do I see what you don't? I could win a gold in gymnastics if I could figure out how to completely shove my head up my azz.

JdnSmith
08-16-08, 05:47 PM
Take a close look at the faces,,,,,,,,, If you can't see steroids, take another look at Arnold. Oversized eyebrows, cheekbones, chin. Especially look at the Russian women. Am I cynical? Or do I see what you don't? I could win a gold in gymnastics if I could figure out how to completely shove my head up my azz.
Damn Sergeant, even on the worst of days you make me fall over in laughter.

Integrity57
08-16-08, 07:48 PM
Anyone else motivated by the Olympics?

NOPE!!

I second that BigAl.

Wyoming
08-16-08, 10:21 PM
I second that BigAl.

Yeah, medals are won, and even some thrown about, BUT, the scandals erupting, underage kids, steriod use (supposedly), and the PC crap, is what has turned me away.

BTW, thanks Navy!!