PDA

View Full Version : A quick question...

rkidd4
08-15-08, 09:42 PM
So I was wondering what the schedule for ship out weekend is...I tried calling my recruiter and he didnt answer so I figured I would ask on here. My understanding is you leave Saturday and stay at the hotel Saturday night. On Sunday you go to MEPs and wait to be taken to the airport. Is this true?

Achped
08-15-08, 10:07 PM
My recruiter picked me up on a Sunday evening, which by the way I have a story to tell. He picked up 3 of my friends first, then it was me, then it was our other buddy he was picking up. Well he called me and was like hey, what street do you live on? Oh, okay, Ill be there in like an hour. So I went out to my mom and was like hey Ive got an hour (she was crying already) and shes like ok. Well NEXT THING I KNOW, MY RECRUITER PULLS UP, like 3 minutes after I got off the phone and was like, your ass, my van, 20 seconds.

After that we picked up our other buddy, and all 5 of us went to the hotel, left for MEPS that Monday morning at 0waytoearly30, did all the signing,checking in stuff and swore in by like 1100.

1400 myself and my best friends from high school got in that rickety, tickety, nasty, leaky, no AC'd bus (June 11th in Florida?) with the windows sealed shut.....that was the last time we saw Florida as civilians.

The next time I saw a clock it was 0245 and I was standing in line waiting to get my haircut at the recruit receiving center...terrified. After that I called home, my mom answered on like the LAST ring and I began to spout off

"I have arrived safely at Parris Island, please do not send any bulky items. blah blah blah, Good bye *click*"

But im ruining the surprise!!!

Oh, you're going to MCRD SD, its a bit different, I dont know how MEPS works, but I know you will get off a plane, get in a van/bus, and be driven on a tour of San Diego at like 0300...seriously, my buddies all tell me the bus driver goes in circles for like an hour just to build up the suspense ;)

How about this motivator, you will go to MEPS and MCRD when the Marine CORPS wants you there? Check?

josephd
08-16-08, 12:05 AM
so we go to MEPS twice?.....first time for physical and swear in, and then a sceond time for another physical and swear in?

Achped
08-16-08, 04:02 AM
The first time is your real physical, the swear in is kind of a joke.

The second time is kind of like a follow up, it goes by real quick, but once you swear in you are officially an active duty US Marine Corps recruit.

cdogg0311
08-16-08, 06:03 AM
You will go i a hotel on sunday and go to meps on monday morning. When your at meps you will be an inspect at medical meaning height and weight from there you will go over your contract one more time to make sure everything is correct and you will do another swear in then you are off to bootcamp.

rkidd4
08-16-08, 02:48 PM
Awesome thanks...I have also heard from a Marine about the SD bus driving around in circles for like an hour to build suspense...The Marine I talked to though said that they make you put your head between your legs to make you really tense lol I guess I will have to wait and see!