PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting a new bike, but leaving soon...pointless?

gobuffs10
08-14-08, 07:07 PM
Hey Marines. I have a quick question. Bicycling has been one of my favorite things to do since I was a kid. It's time for me to get myself a new bicycle, as mine has been busted awhile and the one I borrowed from my dad is a junker.

But, I leave for boot camp in October. And that's fine, I would have it a few months. My question is, can I take it to a duty station? Or will I be so busy/shipped off so fast that it would be a waste?

I know I'm getting ahead of myself because I'm not a Marine yet, but for me, this is a big purchase. I want to make sure it's not a stupid one. The last thing I want is to drop 600+ on a new bike only to never get to use it.

Thank you.

Marine84
08-14-08, 07:47 PM
Yeah, go ahead...............it will be easy to pick up chicks on a BIKE!

gobuffs10
08-14-08, 07:59 PM
Yeah, go ahead...............it will be easy to pick up chicks on a BIKE!

I'm one of the retards going in with a girlfriend.

dpawson
08-14-08, 10:10 PM
As far as I know you can have a bike on most bases. Getting it there is up to you. If you ship out it can be stored for safety on the base. If nothing else it's there when your home on leave. Now it's up to you.

Wyoming
08-15-08, 12:06 AM
I'm one of the retards going in with a girlfriend.

Jody Bait!!

rvillac2
08-15-08, 01:52 AM
Jody Bait!!

What's her email address?

gobuffs10
08-15-08, 02:01 AM
Oh no. I know better than to even give a Marine a picture of her.

Quinbo
08-17-08, 02:58 PM
Take your dads junker to the dump and buy him a new bike. I'm sure he'll let you barrow it anytime you like. Until you hit the fleet you will probably not be able to maintain a bike or find time to ride it. Bicycles are sold at the PX ... get a cheap one there. I in your shoes would purchase a swim suit and spend time in the pool.

gobuffs10
08-17-08, 10:36 PM
Good advice, swimming is good cardio. I think I just may do that. Thanks Sergeant.