PDA

View Full Version : Mini Boot Camp(Camp Grayling)

rockkornfan
08-12-08, 10:37 PM
This last weekend, all of the poolees from the Flint, Michigan recruiting office went up to Camp Grayling for "Mini Boot Camp". There were several other platoons of poolees, such as, Carol, Traverse City, West Branch, Saginaw, and I believe one or two more. I'll tell ya, that was such a culture shock alone just because you know your recruiters, and can just talk to them, but when they turn into the Drill Instructors, it is mind blowing. This last weekend was a real wake up call for me and a lot of the guys in our platoon. It was not because of the PT or anything like that, but because of the yelling. I mean, I have been yelled at all my life, but when you have numerous people in your face, all telling you to do different things, it is overwhelming. Nothing could have prepared me for that part of the trip. The PT was hard, and they trained as just like in RT, but that was easy compared to the sleep deprivation I got from those two nights, and from the recruiters yelling at us all the time. After everything was said and done, our office brought home the trophy after Saturday was a Field Day. The last competition that everyone had to do was platoon drill. I swear, even if you know all the commands by heart, and can do everything perfect, knowing that winning this trophy lies on your shoulders and being able to execute the commands without screwing up, was making my heart race. All in all, I came back home sore as all hell, craving sleep, and ridiculously hungry. But in the long run, I am grateful for the recuiters pushing us as hard as they did, and bringing out the best in all of us. I hope every poolee can experience some kind of "Mini Boot Camp" before they leave for RT.