PDA

View Full Version : USMC birthday ball

josephd
08-12-08, 02:59 PM
Myself and many others here will be in boot on November 10th and I know a birthdayball/party is thrown to celebrate. As a recruit being in bootcamp is that day set aside to celebrate with others or not?....

I am guessing it isn't but i thought i would ask

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 03:02 PM
I have heard before of recruits getting to watch a movie indoors for it but that was a while back. I wouldn't know for sure though.

bgsuwoody
08-12-08, 03:06 PM
As far as I'm concerned if you are in bootcamp you aren't a Marine YET. The people who should get a special day is those Drill Instructors...its their birthday. However I don't know.

PS...Phantom you aren't even in the DEP yet and you haven't even been here 2 weeks and you have posted over 100 times...what is so important that you have to say?

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 03:08 PM
As far as I'm concerned if you are in bootcamp you aren't a Marine YET. The people who should get a special day is those Drill Instructors...its their birthday. However I don't know.

PS...Phantom you aren't even in the DEP yet and you haven't even been here 2 weeks and you have posted over 100 times...what is so important that you have to say?

I have nothing important to say per say but rather something important to hear. Next Tuesday I'll be in the DEP. I'm counting down the minutes.

josephd
08-12-08, 03:12 PM

I completely agree, I was just curious

outlaw3179
08-12-08, 03:42 PM
I was in bootcamp on Nov 10. We got to watch a movie. "Blown Away" at the base theatre. We got to take $5 from our personal money bags and stuff our faces. A good time. We were then rewarded by initiating a island hopping campaign. Followed by personal time on the quarterdeck. The mnm's and pop didnt taste so good the second time.

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 03:48 PM
I've heard so many stories about MnM's and pop. Funny stories but not so funny for the companies punished for it, ahaha.

JOConnell
08-12-08, 03:55 PM
I was in bootcamp on Nov 10. We got to watch a movie. "Blown Away" at the base theatre. We got to take $5 from our personal money bags and stuff our faces. A good time. We were then rewarded by initiating a island hopping campaign. Followed by personal time on the quarterdeck. The mnm's and pop didnt taste so good the second time.

Mmmm! Yummy!:sick: I would have thought most of you recruits would have realized it was too good to be true. I suppose they would have quarter decked you anywase, at least you got a treat. I will be at MCRD over Christmas. I hear they give you two hours to watch a movie on Christmas day.

josephd
08-12-08, 04:24 PM
Mmmm! Yummy!:sick: I would have thought most of you recruits would have realized it was too good to be true. I suppose they would have quarter decked you anywase, at least you got a treat. I will be at MCRD over Christmas. I hear they give you two hours to watch a movie on Christmas day.

yeah I will be there over the USMC birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years...and to be completely honest I dont want any sort of special treatment because of any sort of holiday, i am there to learn/train to be a Marine, not to have a vacation

MontySpecial
08-12-08, 05:18 PM
oh noooo :sick:

oh man, third phase for me will be in November. That should be the week 12 for me! Luckily I haven't had a drop of cola in months so I wont really want it. I'm sure they will not give us any mercy.

Brewer0311
08-12-08, 05:37 PM
Back in 06' while I was there for the USMC Birthday we got to watch a moto video. I honestly don't even remember much about it. I just remember seeing all the Drill Instructors in their blues.

I had a friend that was there at the same time and they got to watch a video of his DI in Fallujah during the intial push. I would have liked to see that.

Thanksgiving we got to watch a football game during the day and then that night we watched a movie. Also, got a phone call then too.

My advice is don't call home if you get the chance. I'm not the type that gets homesick and it made me that way. Boot camp was flying by until I talked to my little brother and sister. It kind of dragged by after that.

Travbabble
08-12-08, 11:09 PM
We got to watch a movie and had kick ass lunch/dinner. Other than that, it was just another day.

Wyoming
08-12-08, 11:44 PM

Some of his posts are chatroom style.

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 11:45 PM
Sorry Cpl. If it needs to be fixed it will be. I run a few forums and know how good it is to have a higher post count as a forum.

jinelson
08-13-08, 10:56 AM
Sorry Cpl. If it needs to be fixed it will be. I run a few forums and know how good it is to have a higher post count as a forum.

It needs to be fixed and fast!

Jim

outlaw3179
08-13-08, 11:18 AM
Boot Camp is never to good to be true. When my buddy went in , he told me a story of how evil Drill Instructors can be.
The superbowl was being held in San Diego that year. So the drill instructors told the recruits that they would be going down to the game to do a flag cermony and then they would be allowed to sit and watch the game. The recruits made their uniforms immaculate. Their uniforms (digis) I guess looked awesome. So on Superbowl Sunday the recruits fell out , formed it up and began marching towards the parade deck. They were all excited and marched with an amazing amount of pride. There were buses lined up to pick up the platoon , waiting for them.
When the recruits got to the parade deck, they formation stopped. A left face was called and the DI asked them if they were ready to go watch the game. A thunderous "YES SIR!" was sounded.
Unfortunatley for these poor souls at this point the buses reved up and took off leaving them wondering what was going on. One of their more sadistic DI's came up and asked them" Did you *****es really think you were going to the Superbowl to show the world how nasty and heinous you are? "
They immediatly were ordered to right face and were marched to the pit. They began a day of thrashing they never forgot.
My buddy told me this story and can't do it enough justice as to how funny he told it and how much pain he conveyed he was in. He said at the end of the day , his uniform was trashed , and he was covered in dirt.
Awesome.

There are a million other stories but there is no need to ruin for you guys. :)

Nate catlett
08-13-08, 11:24 AM
My Gunnery Sargeant told me that on the birthday recruits in third phase get to go to the parade deck and watch the cake ceremony. I guess that may be just like everything else in bootcamp it all depends on your drill instructors.

thewookie
08-13-08, 11:32 AM
We were then rewarded by initiating a island hopping campaign. Followed by personal time on the quarterdeck. The mnm's and pop didnt taste so good the second time.

:) There is always a catch.

Nothing, absolutely nothing is free, or as advertised in boot camp.

Unless you're talking about the pain.... that comes as advertised but nothing else.

:yes:

davblay
08-13-08, 01:40 PM
It needs to be fixed and fast!

Jim

PhantomLord, for your information, Jinelson is the Platoon leader of this site! That means he is the boss!

We all are here to assist any and all poolees, or wannabees, get the answers they need to make it a little better when they ship to boot camp. You, my friend, seem to know it all before you post your question, so why so many posts? Do you think you are impressing anyone? You have been here since Aug 5th! That's 8 days! Over 120 post in 8 days.........there ain't anyone that dam ignorant, to ask that many questions. Ignorance can be cured son........but stupidity is forever!

Personally you're getting on my nerves! Chill out kid! If you don't know the answer to a question then feel free to ask, but make it a legitament question, not a "verify this" type thing!

Dave

PhantomLord
08-13-08, 03:57 PM
PhantomLord, for your information, Jinelson is the Platoon leader of this site! That means he is the boss!

We all are here to assist any and all poolees, or wannabees, get the answers they need to make it a little better when they ship to boot camp. You, my friend, seem to know it all before you post your question, so why so many posts? Do you think you are impressing anyone? You have been here since Aug 5th! That's 8 days! Over 120 post in 8 days.........there ain't anyone that dam ignorant, to ask that many questions. Ignorance can be cured son........but stupidity is forever!

Personally you're getting on my nerves! Chill out kid! If you don't know the answer to a question then feel free to ask, but make it a legitament question, not a "verify this" type thing!

Dave

"A place for poolees to mingle and ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees before you head to boot camp." This is what it says under the title for the poolee forum.

I have asked my questions and I have tried to help others even if I didn't fully 100% know the answer. I at least made an attempt.

That is all I am trying to do, is find help and be helpful in return. If my help is unwelcome, i will gladly shut up.

With respect,
Justin

davblay
08-13-08, 04:34 PM
"A place for poolees to mingle and ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees before you head to boot camp." This is what it says under the title for the poolee forum.

I have asked my questions and I have tried to help others even if I didn't fully 100% know the answer. I at least made an attempt.

That is all I am trying to do, is find help and be helpful in return. If my help is unwelcome, i will gladly shut up.

With respect,
Justin

OK! that will be fine by me! Anyone else agree that he needs to STFU?

MontySpecial
08-13-08, 04:48 PM
I second that motion. Justin, post count doesn't mean anything on a Marine forum if you're not one or a Poolee (yet) and it still doesn't mean anything anyways if your posts aren't well-thought out and informative. Become a Poolee then join us! I've been here since the 6th of Aug. and I have 18!

Old Marine
08-13-08, 06:58 PM
Yea. Shut up Phantom.

Marine84
08-13-08, 07:19 PM
yep.......................zip it

BR34
08-13-08, 07:48 PM
I agree, post count doesn't prove anything on this forum. It's about the quality of your posts, not the quantity.

There are members of this forum that have been here under 6 months and have nearly 700 posts. That doesn't make me think "hmm, he must be a valuable member of this forum" it makes me think "damn, this guy needs to get some p*ssy!".

I've been here 2 years and at this pace you'll have more posts than me in a few weeks, lol...that's actually funny.

ecfree
08-13-08, 07:52 PM
Hey Justin,stick a sock in it..........:banana:

bgsuwoody
08-13-08, 10:00 PM
Well since you've ****ed off about 5 of my favorite Marines...I'm gonna have to ask you to shut up again...

PhantomLord
08-13-08, 10:04 PM
Where did I do that again, Lcpl? I'm curious.

JSam
08-13-08, 10:08 PM
Okay, not to ruin our little Poolee-Marine Debate, (even though I have no doubt as to who will win) but might I expand on this question a bit?
What about if you attend SOI or MCT at the time of Nov. 10?
You're a Marine at that point, but you're still at a training school, so are you treated to something? Or is it just another day at the office?

outlaw3179
08-13-08, 10:24 PM
Your instructors at SOI take you guys out to chuck e cheese, buy you some pizza , and then you can play with the rat.