PDA

View Full Version : 1371

Do-Or-Die
08-12-08, 12:58 PM
I feel dumb asking this, but what is "Combat" about Combat Engineers? From all the descriptions on the forums they seem like carpenters and metal workers and what not who are mainly stationed on bases, please correct me if I'm wrong, im just asking because I am considering 1371 as my MOS.

rvillac2
08-12-08, 02:48 PM
Yes, you are wrong.
Combat engineers do engineering work in support of combat. This includes building things like bridges and defensive positions. This also includes destroying things like obstacles and mine fields.

AL49BGN
08-12-08, 02:56 PM
In Desert Storm The Combat Engineers Were Critical In Clearing Iraqi Fortifications And Mine Feilds.I Have Great Respect For Them.

ggyoung
08-12-08, 04:03 PM
1371 is real close to the MOS of 1369.

ZSKI
08-12-08, 09:06 PM
All 1300 MOS's are pretty close. Techs are the smart ones that tell us what to do, HE does the site prep and the heavy digging, and well CE does the rest.

ggyoung
08-12-08, 09:38 PM
somebody please tell him

Do-Or-Die
08-12-08, 10:04 PM
Thank you very much for clearing this up, I still have untill October to wait to get a contract set up. My recruiter says that is when the new fiscal year starts for careers and that is when I will have my best chance of getting that MOS.

ZSKI
08-13-08, 12:01 PM
Well i hope he told you that unless you are a reservist you are not guaranteed the MOS you are only given the field 1300

Petz
08-13-08, 12:07 PM
but, what ZSKI doesn't know is that if your recruiter has the know-how and know-who... he can get it done... but don't bank on that.

Combat engineers is in a enlistment code... it is taged with another MOS that you will either get CE or whatever the other MOS is.

CE are cool 'cause they build you a house in the desert and destroy mines with .50 cals and I heard they are using M14s with scopes now.... cool stuff.

they are always blowing stuff up at the demo range.

Do-Or-Die
08-13-08, 01:01 PM
So, say I have also been considering 0311, could I tag that to CE so if I don't get CE then I would be a rifleman?

rvillac2
08-13-08, 01:09 PM
So, say I have also been considering 0311, could I tag that to CE so if I don't get CE then I would be a rifleman?
Of course. Because this is Burger King.

Do-Or-Die
08-13-08, 01:12 PM
Im sorry Sgt. but I'm afraid I don't completely understand what SSgt. was saying.

Petz
08-13-08, 01:22 PM
I'm saying that each MOS has a companion MOS attached to it in an enlistment code... mine was CD it has Motor Transport Maintenance and Heavy Equipment Maintenance... so you want one you should be able to cope with the other.

that's what I mean.

Do-Or-Die
08-13-08, 01:35 PM
Thank you Staff Sergeant

BACKin1775
08-13-08, 04:41 PM
All 1300 MOS's are pretty close. Techs are the smart ones that tell us what to do, HE does the site prep and the heavy digging, and well CE does the rest.

Combat engineers are in no way close to the other MOS's that fall under the 1300 field ie: 1391 bulk fuel (gas pumpers) 1345 HE (fork lift drivers). Your duties as a combat engineer will differ depending on the type of unit you are assigned. Clearly you want to be in a division type unit but unfortunately that won't be up to you. As i'm sure you have heard you will be assigned by the needs of the Marine Corps.

rvillac2
08-13-08, 07:54 PM
By the look of his ribbon rack, Sgt T put the combat in combat engineer.

Do-Or-Die
08-13-08, 10:50 PM
Yes, you hit the nail on the head Sgt. BACK.
Thank you Marines for your advice, I fully intend on persuing a 1371 MOS.

-Do-Or-Die-

ZSKI
08-13-08, 11:40 PM
Combat engineers are in no way close to the other MOS's that fall under the 1300 field ie: 1391 bulk fuel (gas pumpers) 1345 HE (fork lift drivers). Your duties as a combat engineer will differ depending on the type of unit you are assigned. Clearly you want to be in a division type unit but unfortunately that won't be up to you. As i'm sure you have heard you will be assigned by the needs of the Marine Corps.

1345 arn't just forklift drivers. Granted yes 2 of my licences are forks and one is forks/loader. But there are over 10 gear that fall under our MOS including if you get assigned to a CEB the ACE (the ***** that we used to breach the berms in iraq) and if you pick up the secondary MOS 1372 (which CE's can get too) you can run the ABV. **** my instructor in MOS school got a NAM with a combat V and a purple heart operating a D-9 armored Dozer in Phatom fury. Granted bulkfuel and a small craft mechinic have nothing to do with those. Ever dam drill im in a Dozer practicing building entrenched positions then breaching them.

Petz
08-14-08, 12:32 AM
D9s are like the mecca of dozers....... I might cream my pants.... those are the monster huge ones right?

Do-Or-Die
08-14-08, 09:52 PM
I just google imaged those things, they are fricken MONSTERS. I could see them doing some serious damage.