PDA

View Full Version : Update on my status

Hologram
08-12-08, 12:18 AM
As some of you may heard, I'm applying for an NROTC scholarship (Marine option, of course), so that's getting my ship date moved back to December 15. But now, when I sent in my SAT scores for the NROTC board, they forwarded them to USNA and I became an official candidate for enrollment, and I decided to pursue that avenue further to see if it panned out, so I've started the nomination process and I'll soon be talking to the Blue and Gold Officer about what I have to do to make myself competitive for USNA. Also, since I'm not leaving until at least mid-December, I've decided to take classes at my local community college and assuming I'll pass all of them and go to boot camp, I'll clinch a promotion to PFC after boot camp (or is it during boot camp? I dunno, I've never been too clear with that. All I know is that the extra hundred or so dollars a month is nice)

Also, as a bit of an aside, is there some way to absolutely guarantee that I can get commissioned as a 2ndLt instead of an Ens out of USNA? Because I would really really really rather be an enlisted Marine than a Naval officer?

gobuffs10
08-12-08, 12:40 AM
Congratulations man, good luck.