PDA

View Full Version : PT'ing with your recruiters

MontySpecial
08-11-08, 10:56 PM
Anyone here PT with his/her recruiter prior to shipping off? I am and I have to admit, it's a lot of work just to keep up. It's cool that they let me, and I'm glad to have this opportunity to train with them. It's cool to work hard with Marines who want me to be one of them!
I get up everyday at 0600 hours and sometimes they're even surprised to see me show up. I'm actually the only one who PT's with them besides the other recruiters who work there!
My next Poolee function is this upcoming Saturday (they switched it from last Saturday to help with their own schedules) and hopefully it wont be too tough.

futuremarine129
08-11-08, 11:08 PM
When I did PT with my recruiter, even though I'm only a guest, I have never felt so motivated in my life.

josephd
08-12-08, 12:41 AM
I enjoy PT with my recruiter and the rest of the poolees, i enjoy working out and everything by myself at the gym but PT really make me push my limits when it comes to running, pullups, etc...

gobuffs10
08-12-08, 12:52 AM
It sounds weird but I really just like to do it by myself. Luckily my recruiter doesn't care, so long as I do it on my own. I'm usually working during our weekly PT anyway.

Brewer0311
08-12-08, 04:32 AM
0600 hours is the Army not the USMC. We just say 0600.

I'm not coming down on you I'm just letting you know now before your corrected on it.

Tiny90
08-12-08, 05:31 AM
our recruters SLAY US!

we've had guys come back from boot saying quote "Boot camp is NOTHING compared to PT with Sgt. Jones" Sgt. Jones was fun. too bad he works at headquarters now. :(

UsmcMotorT
08-12-08, 06:40 AM

I'm not coming down on you I'm just letting you know now before your corrected on it.

I like to say Zero Six :)

Brewer0311
08-12-08, 06:44 AM
I like to say Zero Six :)

How about Zero Dark Thirty for PT in the morning. :D

MontySpecial
08-12-08, 07:29 AM

Oh, I just typed "Military Time" in my URL and it popped up with this page:

http://www.spacearchive.info/military.htm

....I guess "space archive" didn't catch my eye, just the military part. My apologies.

It's cool if you don't PT with your recruiters; more power to you!

TypeOrange
08-12-08, 11:36 AM
Every Wednesdays is PT at our station. Sometimes Poolees get together at 0800 every day at the office and go on a run.

A Poolee just donated some huge tractor tires and we had some fun with those last week. We did relays and races and group inclined pushups on the tires. It was way fun.

RockSteady85
08-12-08, 12:40 PM
I used to PT with my recruiter all of the time; it was 5 days a week for about three hours each time over a span of 10 weeks. I was always motivated when I PT'd with him, and I always looked forward to going to the office to PT, although it was a 45 minute drive each way to the RSS. I still keep in contact with my old Marine recruiter and he has become a very good & close friend of mine, and we still talk every single day. He can motivate me to do just about anything like no one else can.

Books
08-12-08, 01:46 PM
Some people pay hundreds of dollars a month for what poolees can get for free. Take advantage of it!

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 02:07 PM
Some people pay hundreds of dollars a month for what poolees can get for free. Take advantage of it!

Amen to that. i can't tell you how many times i have been told to just get a membership at some LA fitness or some such. I just tell 'em why pay for PT when I can get it for from the mighty Marine Corps.

Draco771
08-12-08, 02:14 PM
Amen to that. i can't tell you how many times i have been told to just get a membership at some LA fitness or some such. I just tell 'em why pay for PT when I can get it for from the mighty Marine Corps.

This is a question just begging to be asked...

Do any of you do PT without your recruiters?

NOT AT ALL starting an argument...

But honestly... Do you guys at all do PT on your own?

(This is a question, NOT an argument... It's more of a yes, or no question...)

And to add to the subject of the thread, I myself PT each day, (not with recruiter) and every now and then PT with recruiters... (But preferably servicemen I'm friends with...)

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 02:17 PM
I have been training for 8 months now. I lost almost 10% body fat, have gained 10 pounds of muscle, and could out run your average joe by ten miles.

I'm not even a poolee yet, so yes, i train without a recruiter.

Draco771
08-12-08, 02:19 PM
I have been training for 8 months now. I lost almost 10% body fat, have gained 10 pounds of muscle, and could out run your average joe by ten miles.

I'm not even a poolee yet, so yes, i train without a recruiter.

What's your farthest run?

Farthest I've ever physically ran so far, is 6 1/2 miles...

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 02:22 PM
Just over 26 miles. For the Breast Cancer Marathon a while back. For the past 3 months i have been working on speed now. I compete in Olympic length Tri's. My last one was actually 11 miles longer then an olympic length.

Draco771
08-12-08, 02:24 PM
Just over 26 miles. For the Breast Cancer Marathon a while back. For the past 3 months i have been working on speed now. I compete in Olympic length Tri's. My last one was actually 11 miles longer then an olympic length.

Dang... You must be a skinny B-Tard... :bunny:

Do you do push-ups and pull-ups at all?

I sure hope so...

Do you do any swimming?

Every try and score a UZ contract?

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 02:27 PM
Dang... You must be a skinny B-Tard... :bunny:

Do you do push-ups and pull-ups at all?

I sure hope so...

Do you do any swimming?

Every try and score a UZ contract?

Push ups : 101
Pull ups : 21
crunches : 85 in 2 minutes (they are my worst)
I'm 5'11" at 170lbs
I did drop down to 159 when I trained for the Marathon.

Fastest 1 mile is 5:59. I had to battle for a week solid just to shave that one second off.

Draco771
08-12-08, 02:30 PM
I'm 5'11" at 170lbs

Fastest 1 mile is 5:59. I had to battle for a week solid just to shave that one second off.

Push-ups perfect form?

That's great fitness man...

Have you ever thought about trying to get a UZ contract? (Marine Recon Contract) ?

Are you any good at swimming? (My best 500M is 8:11)

Speaking of PT, I'm off... Talk to you later...

thiscalling
08-12-08, 02:32 PM
our recruters SLAY US!

we've had guys come back from boot saying quote "Boot camp is NOTHING compared to PT with Sgt. Jones" Sgt. Jones was fun. too bad he works at headquarters now. :(

I know exactly what you're talking about. Our recruiters have us puking everywhere. Every letter from boot has said it's nothing compared to what Master Sergeant Koros and Sgt. Drummond dish out.

PhantomLord
08-12-08, 02:34 PM
Push-ups perfect form? If going down till my chest is but a hair from the floor then yes.

That's great fitness man...

Have you ever thought about trying to get a UZ contract? (Marine Recon Contract) ? Thats what i'll be selecting as my MOS (0321) when I enlist. i don't care if I have to wait for 10 months. I want it and I will get it.

Are you any good at swimming? (My best 500M is 8:11) I haven't broken it down into small chuncks but i can swim a mile in 42 minutes. Which is horrible compared to the good guys but its def. better then the average joe.

Draco771
08-12-08, 02:34 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about. Our recruiters have us puking everywhere. Every letter from boot has said it's nothing compared to what Master Sergeant Koros and Sgt. Drummond dish out.

Suck it up... Drive on...

They know how to push you... All good NCOs I've met are good at that...

Test your limits, and exceed them...

Good job, and good luck...

TTYL...

thiscalling
08-12-08, 02:38 PM
our recruters SLAY US!

josephd
08-12-08, 02:55 PM

And to add to the subject of the thread, I myself PT each day, (not with recruiter) and every now and then PT with recruiters... (But preferably servicemen I'm friends with...)

i PT by myself about 4 days a week on top of the "mandatory" Wednsday with my recruiter and fellow poolees

i do my usual workout routine at the gym(ie. chest/triceps, back/biceps, legs, shoulders) and then i also do 2 max sets of pushups, pullups, 1 set of cunches, and then do a quick 1 mile run each day there

Books
08-12-08, 03:49 PM
I PT by myself all the time, which is when I get all my cardio done. This summer I have been PT-ing with my recruiter in the morning and then going to the track at night. Sometimes I go to the local gym on my own too.

BR34
08-12-08, 05:58 PM
I myself PT each day, (not with recruiter) and every now and then PT with recruiters

Well why the **** are you so damn fat?!?!?!

gobuffs10
08-12-08, 10:12 PM
BR, that's precisely the reason I DO PT on my own. I'm ****ing out of shape, it's really embarrassing, and I don't want to hold anyone back. I'm getting better, but this 10 weeks is really crunch time.

coltie52
08-13-08, 11:06 PM
Anyone here PT with his/her recruiter prior to shipping off? I am and I have to admit, it's a lot of work just to keep up. It's cool that they let me, and I'm glad to have this opportunity to train with them. It's cool to work hard with Marines who want me to be one of them!
I get up everyday at 0600 hours and sometimes they're even surprised to see me show up. I'm actually the only one who PT's with them besides the other recruiters who work there!
My next Poolee function is this upcoming Saturday (they switched it from last Saturday to help with their own schedules) and hopefully it wont be too tough.
Yes, I PT with my recruiter and I have to say that I have come along way from where I stood about two months ago, but I swear he is trying to kill us. He says that we are getting "good" at out PT workouts so now he has decided to bump everything up. Which is a good thing in my mind, and I actually go to PT tomorrow with my Recruiter, but I plan on waking up at 0700 and doing sprints then going to go for a swim.
Good Luck everyone else.

coltie52
08-13-08, 11:15 PM
I'm 5'11" at 170lbs

I should PT with you

Hologram
08-13-08, 11:38 PM

And to add to the subject of the thread, I myself PT each day, (not with recruiter) and every now and then PT with recruiters... (But preferably servicemen I'm friends with...)I PT whenever I'm not working (I work from early morning (0700 or 0800) to late night (2100 or 2200)) or when my parents don't have me doing chores all day long, and each time I do a PFT to keep track of where I'm at and then do endurance training for my abs and pull ups and any other muscle groups I feel up to at the moment. In fact, I PT with my recruiter less than I'd like to because of the sporadic way that my schedule is set up for work.

Pvt Cowboy45
08-14-08, 07:54 AM
our PT is on tuesday. but our recruiters tell us to PT on our own too. theres about five or six of us that actually can keep up but most of the time were doing more because we have to circle up and wait on all the slackers that think its ok to walk. i know that have to learn and get better but when they're eatin twinkies all week and then come to PT and expect everything to be good it really ticks me off

davblay
08-14-08, 08:03 AM
our PT is on tuesday. but our recruiters tell us to PT on our own too. theres about five or six of us that actually can keep up but most of the time were doing more because we have to circle up and wait on all the slackers that think its ok to walk. i know that have to learn and get better but when they're eatin twinkies all week and then come to PT and expect everything to be good it really ticks me off

Son learn to use capitals and you might want to correct your profile:
<dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"> <dt class="shade">What is your ship date?</dt><dd>january 4th 2008</dd> </dl> Shouldn't that be 2009? If that is correct, you are already a Marine! Oh and read the site rules, ok?

Dave

Pvt Cowboy45
08-14-08, 08:26 AM
Son learn to use capitals and you might want to correct your profile:

<DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><DT class=shade>What is your ship date?<DD>january 4th 2008 </DD></DL>Shouldn't that be 2009? If that is correct, you are already a Marine! Oh and read the site rules, ok?

Dave

what did i say that was against the rules?
and thanks i wasnt thinkin when i typed 2008 in my shipdate

Brewer0311
08-14-08, 11:08 AM
what did i say that was against the rules?
and thanks i wasnt thinkin when i typed 2008 in my shipdate

Grammar! G-R-A-M-M-A-R. There is has been spelled out for you.

Achped
08-14-08, 12:23 PM
I PT every Monday Wednesday and Friday with some Marines that I work with....

sscjoe
08-14-08, 01:18 PM
Still running 30 yrs after.(To the bathroom, the fridge and from my ex)

PhantomLord
08-14-08, 01:20 PM
Still running 30 yrs after.(To the bathroom, the fridge and from my ex)

Ahahahaha, sorry Lcpl. I had to laugh at that. :D

John R
05-07-09, 01:31 AM
Evening guys, just wondering i know this is a bit of an older thread but id like a little information please. I am very interested in serving with the marines and i intend to do so when i am more so in shape to do so. In high school i would lift for my age ALOT of weight, of course i have no one to brag to on here but i was top 3% of a large school of lifters. With that being said i was terrible at cardio mostly because i used to smoke tobacco and focused msotly on pwoer lifting. I am now entering what i would call dedication phase where i really want to become one of the few and the proud but not as a fat body. im about 6"2 245 and its been about two years since i lifted much so i know most of its gone the fat remained. I was offered by recruiters to do PT with them and im a little embarassed to say i dont want to go and be laughed at or held ajar for a lack of physical readiness and was wonderign what i should expect ? Should i even be worrying about this at all ? My recruiter is friendly " im assuming every recruiter is haha " and am sure he wouldnt neccesarily hold a grudge against me but id like to get a heads up any information would prove msot helpful and thank you in advance.

Equipped Possum
05-07-09, 10:45 AM
Evening guys, just wondering i know this is a bit of an older thread but id like a little information please. I am very interested in serving with the marines and i intend to do so when i am more so in shape to do so. In high school i would lift for my age ALOT of weight, of course i have no one to brag to on here but i was top 3% of a large school of lifters. With that being said i was terrible at cardio mostly because i used to smoke tobacco and focused msotly on pwoer lifting. I am now entering what i would call dedication phase where i really want to become one of the few and the proud but not as a fat body. im about 6"2 245 and its been about two years since i lifted much so i know most of its gone the fat remained. I was offered by recruiters to do PT with them and im a little embarassed to say i dont want to go and be laughed at or held ajar for a lack of physical readiness and was wonderign what i should expect ? Should i even be worrying about this at all ? My recruiter is friendly " im assuming every recruiter is haha " and am sure he wouldnt neccesarily hold a grudge against me but id like to get a heads up any information would prove msot helpful and thank you in advance.

Don't worry about being embarrassed. I ran cross country all through high school and can run circles around %95 of the population and i though i was hot ****. That is till i found out i couldn't do more then 40 push ups. Talk about humbling. After working with my recruiters for about 3 months I can do about 80. So even if you suck at first and they laugh at you (which they probably will) you can only get better from there.

johnb08
05-07-09, 12:23 PM
Dude, you're going to have to get good at it sometime. If you're worried about being made fun of, how are you going to handle Recruit Training? The DIs will make fun of you regardless. I'm not a strong runner but no one makes fun of you, besides you'll probably kick ass on crunches and pull-ups if you're as strong as you say you are. If you want to become a Marine bad enough, get out there and GET SOME.

NoRemorse
05-07-09, 12:30 PM

Profile up and read the stickies in the poolee forum.

coltie52
05-07-09, 01:19 PM
Dude, you're going to have to get good at it sometime. If you're worried about being made fun of, how are you going to handle Recruit Training? The DIs will make fun of you regardless. I'm not a strong runner but no one makes fun of you, besides you'll probably kick ass on crunches and pull-ups if you're as strong as you say you are. If you want to become a Marine bad enough, get out there and GET SOME.
Yes, the Drill Instructors will destroy you like non other. You just wait.
Your now on Stand By, Good Luck :p

dhenderson88
05-07-09, 05:41 PM
I just wanted to say that this thread was made on the day I hit the yellow footprints. I know it wasn't that long ago, but it sure does feel like it. Time is going fast but at the same time you do so much training, that boot camp feels forever ago.

John R
05-13-09, 11:54 PM
Thanks for all of the replies and so quickly i appriciated it. I did goto the other recommended forum it was very helpful also. I did speak with my recruiter again he suggested is start comming out on thurs and slowly building up. Im giving my self about 6 months to get back into tip top. And i wasnt so much afraid of the "made fun of" im expecting extreme andharsh at the least conditions from DI's as per its part of the training but i was more worried about holding the marines recruiters back during their own pt but having been running latley a lil more i think i can at the very least keep up. Thanks again for all of the replies JR