PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to bother, but I looked and looked and still couldn't find...

TangoDown
08-11-08, 01:42 PM
Ok so I was searching the forums about the ASVAB test, and could only find that you could take it again. I was really trying to find out whats the maximum number of times you can take it. I was always curious if they would let someone whose failed it over and over and finally passed still into the service. Can anyone please help me on that? And I apologize if its out there in the forums and I didn't find it. Thank you!

Parks
08-11-08, 01:45 PM
Per About.com:

ASVAB results are valid for two years. After taking an initial ASVAB Test (any ASVAB test taken in school doesn't count as an "initial test"), one can retake the ASVAB after 30 days. After the re-test, one must wait at least six months before they can take the test again. The military services use the latest ASVAB scores, not the highest, for service and job qualifications. (Note: In extreme circumstances, such as suspected test-compromise, the MEPS commander can direct a re-test before the 30 day/six month window).

The Marine Corps allows re-tests only under specific conditions. Per MCO P1100-72B (Marine Enlisted Recruiting), Part F, Paragraph 2c(3), the Corps will allow a re-test one month after the initial test, and six months after the second test, if evidence shows that due to the applicant's education, experience, and maturity, the acheived score is significantly below the applicant's capabilities.

Re-testing cannot be done for the sole purpose of increasing scores to qualify for certain enlistment options. There must be clear evidence that the test scores are below the applicant's potential (reference MCO P1100-72B, table 3-7, note #2).

Amazing what you can find on Google.

TangoDown
08-11-08, 01:49 PM
Thank you, this answered all I need to know. Sorry to be a bother.