PDA

View Full Version : Good To Go.

ticowarbird
08-11-08, 09:53 AM
so ive been waiting 7 years to enlist in the military. at first i was Air Force all the way. my Air Force Recruiter didnt do anything. i drove myself to MEPS, i PT'd by myself. all he did was sit at the office all day (yes i know recruiters do things at the office, but not this one). then i decided back in february to go see a USMC recruiter. best choice i ever made, within that same week i was at Tampa MEPS DEPing in. the projected date at that time was 20080421 but that got changed due to now having to meet IST before we can leave (too many people want in i guess), then my date got switched to 20080908 so here i am telling everybody that i leave come septemeber and im ready to get some. i go to a pool function this past saturday and in front of everybody my recruiter says my date is getting pushed out till october. WTF!:mad: now i have to wait another month!!! im tired of waiting, i want in! i cant wait till october, i already have everything in line to leave in septemeber. should i get another recruiter? should i switch the MOS? i cannot wait any longer. im good to go now. if i dont leave in september then i also lose a bet which i didnt want to lose (if i lose i have to get off the bus wearing either a Navy shirt or an Army shirt). i swear i feel like a kid before christmas (or whatever little holiday wont offend you) and i just want to get going. i was patient up until now. what should i do?

bgsuwoody
08-11-08, 09:59 AM
Just feel lucky that you have more time with your family and friends. I wish I would. Hey you can also just feel lucky that you aren't in the sandbox being told that you are going to go home week after week, only to find out you'll be staying another month. Look on the brightside kid, you got enough to worry about in your near future

Bonzack
08-11-08, 10:18 AM
Wait. Mine went from 20080908 to 20080811 and now I'm on stand-by. So they can call me whenever they need a female in parris island. They said I could actually leave tomorrow..so hopefully I get the call tonight saying "Get your scrawny butt to the office so we can take you up to Troy MEPS."

jarheadlady
08-11-08, 10:35 AM
Good luck at PI! You will do great!

rvillac2
08-11-08, 11:45 AM
Patience, youngling.

There is not likely anything you can do. Of course, if you went down there and offered to go open contract, they may get you on the bus tomorrow. heh heh.

THAT AINT IT
08-11-08, 02:25 PM
We all had to wait our turn. Some people told me before I went that the wait to go is worse than boot camp (which isnt true lol)

Garrett90
08-11-08, 02:30 PM
Drive yourself to PI and ask the D.I's to add you into their platoon. Haha jk. I have to wait till 20081229 and I want to leave the day before yesterday, so really I have no sympathy for you. Like everyone else on this site says, hurry up and wait.

Take advantage of your time. You can never PT enough, study your general orders, know your rank structure (of the Navy too). See friends and family for the last few times you have as a civilian.

AL49BGN
08-11-08, 02:33 PM
Be Patient Poolee,later On You Will Cherish The Extra Time You Had At Home.Good Luck!

Parks
08-11-08, 02:41 PM
Calm down. Take advantage of the extra time to enjoy life. Boot will come soon enough.

A lot of Poolees are having their ship dates pushed back. If we can wait, so can you.

RockSteady85
08-11-08, 04:13 PM
I had my ship date pushed back from 20071113 to 20071217 after I had a family member of mine day two days before I was supposed to ship to PI. It wasn't my choice to move my ship date - it was my Gunny's and my recruiter's decision. I wasn't happy, because I really wanted to leave, especially with all of that drama going on, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and keep on hard charging. The Marine Corps will take you when they are good and ready. That's one thing to learn - the Corps comes before you do.

KevinR90
08-11-08, 07:26 PM
It's a shame most people can't enjoy themselves when their ship date gets pushed back. Then again, maybe I'm just lucky getting pushed back worked out to my advantage.

BR34
08-11-08, 07:45 PM
You can never PT enough

AHHHAAAAHAAA!!!

okay, you'll see...

MontySpecial
08-11-08, 08:45 PM
Waiting is good because you can work with your recruiters and hang out with fellow poolees! I'm surprised some of the poolees at Gainesville don't even show up! Of course most of them are shipping out at the end of this year/summer of next year (we even have a 13 year old guest with us).
The fact that they gave me an earlier ship date means I need to bust more a** for two more weeks.

Garrett90
08-11-08, 09:48 PM
AHHHAAAAHAAA!!!

okay, you'll see...

I didnt mean it that way lol, I meant you can always get better. Should have clarified.

ticowarbird
08-12-08, 08:03 AM
ive been waiting seven years to get in. i talked to my recruiter yesterday, he told me there was a mix up. im good to go 20080908. im still going to go on friday and talk to gunny tho just to make sure. i dont need more time wih friends and family. friends are already in. one went USAF and the other got a part time job with the army (Nat'l Gaurd). i know bootcamp will be hell but i want in. i work in a call center, trust me, nothing is worse. lol jk.

jeffsnff89
08-12-08, 09:29 AM
ive been waiting seven years to get in. i talked to my recruiter yesterday, he told me there was a mix up. im good to go 20080908. im still going to go on friday and talk to gunny tho just to make sure. i dont need more time wih friends and family. friends are already in. one went USAF and the other got a part time job with the army (Nat'l Gaurd). i know bootcamp will be hell but i want in. i work in a call center, trust me, nothing is worse. lol jk.

oh yes there is try working at JC Penneys ha ha jk

davblay
08-12-08, 09:47 AM
Well, I hate to say this but reading your posts gives me a headache! I just can't get used to the idea that a 20 year old doesn't know how to uce capitals and proper grammar! Use this time to improve yourself and your ability to communicate in writing.

Now as far as "YOUR PROBLEM", what problem is there? I guarantee when you get off that bus and stand on those footprints, you are gonna wish you had more time at home to be with your family!

lagrand
08-12-08, 10:18 AM
We already had this problem with a guy named Phantom. A poolee who b****ed too much about his ship date. Tico, you're going to need to suck it up dude. You think things are going to go your way ALL THE TIME when you get in the Corps? I've been pushed back three times, but I'm not b****ing and complaining about it. We all want to get our chance to become Marines and we all want our chance to serve our country. I've said this before, Improvise Adapt Overcome. ADAPT AND OVERCOME the fact that you can't leave. Enough said. Go PT.

ticowarbird
08-18-08, 08:30 AM
Well, I hate to say this but reading your posts gives me a headache! I just can't get used to the idea that a 20 year old doesn't know how to uce capitals and proper grammar! Use this time to improve yourself and your ability to communicate in writing.

Now as far as "YOUR PROBLEM", what problem is there? I guarantee when you get off that bus and stand on those footprints, you are gonna wish you had more time at home to be with your family!

yeah...about that...i do know how/where to use proper grammar and capitalizations, hell i might even through some words at you that you might not even know where to look them up. but this is a forum, not a job application nor an essay im submitting. i use proper MLA format when i need it. now as far as your comment, spell check might be a great tool for you to utilize....now getting back to the topic, you guys win, il quit my b****ing, "il hurry up and wait". i guess i was just ranting and raving after finding out the news and didnt think twice about posting it here

BR34
08-18-08, 10:01 AM
yeah...about that...i do know how/where to use proper grammar and capitalizations, hell i might even through some words at you that you might not even know where to look them up. but this is a forum, not a job application nor an essay im submitting. i use proper MLA format when i need it. now as far as your comment, spell check might be a great tool for you to utilize....now getting back to the topic, you guys win, il quit my b****ing, "il hurry up and wait". i guess i was just ranting and raving after finding out the news and didnt think twice about posting it here

You need to read the rules of the poolee forum. I'm sure you broke at least two of them. 1, improper grammar, 2, talking **** to a Marine.

You owe the Cpl an apology, and it needs to be done in proper English.

Rule Five be courteous at all times with your peers and especially with Marines, if you verbally attack someone you will be dealt with severely and disrespect to a Marine will not be tolerated!

Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your English teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

jinelson
08-18-08, 10:13 AM
You need to read the rules of the poolee forum. I'm sure you broke at least two of them. 1, improper grammar, 2, talking **** to a Marine.

You owe the Cpl an apology, and it needs to be done in proper English.

I highly recommend that you do that and do it now!

Jim

davblay
08-18-08, 10:35 AM
yeah...about that...i do know how/where to use proper grammar and capitalizations, hell i might even through some words at you that you might not even know where to look them up.

Well I didn't realize that I was in the presents of greatness and genious! Let me tell you something Smartass, You may have your education, but you don't show it! For your information though, I have something you haven't got and probably will never have, I have the Title and you don't!

You young smart ass people come on a Marine Corps site and insult Marines, brag about how smart you are and you can't show proper respect not only to your elders but to Marines!

Son this is a reflection of your upbringing. Your Parents, and your schools missed a few things while you were growing up! Or you knew more about it than they did!

In short, I don't give a damn about you, or your life! I don't care if you fall off the face of the earth! But use that tone to a Marine Active duty Corporal and see where it gets you, dumbass!

You can kiss my Old Marine Corps Ass!

Dave

RuffNight2007
08-18-08, 10:39 AM
Psh, boot camp ain't **** if you're a cocky SOB like myself :beer:

Anyway, can someone update my rank to Lance?

fjmas1976
08-18-08, 11:03 AM
Nice profile picture, by the way. Nothing like a picture of you drinking booze from a bottle covered in a paper bag to promote a professional image. Also, the Marine Corps shirt with OUR Eagle,Globe,and Anchor........stop wearing it. You haven't earned it and you do not rate it.:evilgrin:

Read the rules......I think you have some apologies to be made.