PDA

View Full Version : re-enlisting question

Cisco4711
08-10-08, 10:52 PM
Hey everyone, it's me again.
I was just wondering, I think I heard that you can change your MOS when you re-enlist. If it is true, do the Marines follow the contract of an MOS change or do they come up with a story when the time comes. Can someone please clarify this situation and there any restrictions for changing an MOS.

slimmy07
08-10-08, 11:11 PM
Yes you can change your MOS. it depends on boat spaces and your rank. i would just go see a recruiter ASAP if you want to re-enlist. It takes some time.

rvillac2
08-11-08, 12:49 AM
... do the Marines follow the contract of an MOS change or do they come up with a story when the time comes.

Huh? follow what contract?

There is no contract that guarantees the ability to change MOS. As the Sgt said, many factors determine this. Just like everything else, these factors boil down to "needs of the Corps."

If you are a good Marine, you will have an excellent chance of obtaining a secondary MOS or B-billet. These include MSG, Recruiting, or Drill Field. However, getting another Primary MOS and billet is less likely.

Cisco4711
08-11-08, 12:56 AM
ahhhh...I thought that you could just change for instance from infantry to computers.
I guess not tho.
Is it true that you cannot change your MOS to infantry when you re-enlist?