PDA

View Full Version : Joining requirement questions.

marinematerial
08-10-08, 10:31 AM
Okay, so I was told you have to run about 4-5 miles every mile under 8 minutes. I am not the best runner and can barely run at all. I need some advice to get me going.

And what age is required. I'm 16 right now and I thought you could be 17 and still in highschool to join. I might be mistaken.

Any help people?

thewookie
08-10-08, 10:38 AM
Okay, so I was told you have to run about 4-5 miles every mile under 8 minutes. WRONG. I am not the best runner and can barely run at all. I need some advice to get me going.

And what age is required. I'm 16 right now and I thought you could be 17 and still in highschool to join. I might be mistaken.
Any help people?

WTF is marinematerial? Is this some new social group? Is it a knitting club? Do you know where I can find some marinematerial so I can make me a Marine? What color(s) does marinematerial come in? I think I'm going to go to the craft store today to find me some marinematerial..... yeah.

Do some searching kid - this is a free site but you must “pay” for what you get. You pay now by finding the basic answers, and then the Marines here might help you fill in the blanks. Even so, you have to do some work first.

marinematerial
08-10-08, 10:41 AM
Its just a name. I couldn't think of anything else. I'm not asking for complaints. I'm asking for help. Its just a name.

thewookie
08-10-08, 10:45 AM
Its just a name. I couldn't think of anything else. I'm not asking for complaints. I'm asking for help. Its just a name.

YOU must be crazy,,, I have no time for online games with little boys today.

I have a few suggestions for a new screen name... how about azzwipe, or snot-nose-punk, or nobody.

We'll call you - nobody - from here on out.

marinematerial
08-10-08, 10:47 AM
You really put effort into being an ******* huh.

fjmas1976
08-10-08, 10:51 AM
Right.........Turn your "gangsta hat" around straight and go away.:evilgrin:

thewookie
08-10-08, 10:51 AM

No little boy, it comes easy.

Wyoming
08-10-08, 11:01 AM

It wasn't an effort. The Wook is a Sgt of Marines. You are a snot-nosed, know it all punk azzed kid.

Your diapers will be ablaze from the flaming you are soon to receive.

I give you 3 days, and with your attitude, you will be gone.

Not help get you will. - Yoda

Remember, it's someone else's turn to bring the popcorn.

SGT7477
08-10-08, 11:09 AM
Oh shoot it never ends,lol.

slimmy07
08-10-08, 09:00 PM
Go see a recruiter when you turn 17. You can join at 17, but you need parental consent to take the physical...THEY DO NOT SIGN YOU UP, they just give you/us permission to see our doctors at meps. No you dont need to run 8 min miles.

JdnSmith
08-10-08, 09:26 PM

What's with this sudden onslaught of disrespectful piece of s*** Poolees and wannabes posting in the Poolee hall and ask a Marine forums? Grow up kid. We are guests in this house of Marines. Act accordingly.

-Poolee Smith

mincj
08-10-08, 10:06 PM
The only way to get better at running is ...just keep running, everyday. It's as easy as that.

Rains
08-11-08, 02:35 PM

Soon as I read this my heart sank. Take some advice from me and just be respectfull, it makes everything so much easyer.