Hey just trying to locate "Trini" Lopez from "C" 1/9 3rd Plt. 3rd
Squad.......he was our radioman. He's from San Antonio, Texas
and one hellva Marine. WE all owe him a dinner or two !! If you
you know him or know of him, please write: cbsiv@cox.net
I just want to say "Thank YOU"

SEMPER FI.......>Chuck :flag:

Brewer0311
08-10-08, 10:57 AM
I don't know him personally, but I do know that there is a 1/9 association renunion going in a couple of weeks. If he is a member of it he'll more than likely be there.

It's in San Antonio.. My Sgt lucked out and is getting to go to represent the unit. They said no to me :cry:.

CBS
08-10-08, 09:39 PM
I don't know him personally, but I do know that there is a 1/9 association renunion going in a couple of weeks. If he is a member of it he'll more than likely be there.

It's in San Antonio.. My Sgt lucked out and is getting to go to represent the unit. They said no to me :cry:.

:evilgrin: It's in San Antonio 20 Aug through 24th August. All 1/9 ers are welcome........others may have to get a pass (hand sake) to get in.

SF.....>Chuck :beer:

CBS
09-06-08, 10:05 AM
'Brewer 0311'
We did have a SGT from an active unit with us. He represented your unit in a very classy way. I often wondered during our unit meeting and at dinner what he thought of all these old fa*ts and their current shape ? We are all beat down some and many have serious illnesses........Please advise if possible. MEANTIME,

SEMPER FI MARINE.........>Chuck 'C' 1/9 3rd Plt. 3rd Sq. Ldr

CBS
09-06-08, 10:06 AM
NO "Trini"........DAMN !!

Brewer0311
09-06-08, 10:13 AM
Yeah, that was Sgt Turner that got to go. May have knew him as Mike, but I'm not sure how he introduced himself. He said the whole experience was very moving and humbling. I really wish I would have gotten the chance to go also, but was unable to do so.

One thing that he did talk about was a video that was played. He said the Marine in the video had never seen the footage until just then.

CBS
09-06-08, 10:22 AM
We're a pretty tight group of old guys but never let it be said that we're not Marines.
While we're behind you in your efforts and war.....we're only a phone call away at all times. You guys carry the torch in perfect Marine Corps Step. THANK YOU !!

SF.....>CHUCK
P.S. - IT WAS MIKE.....he's a good man !!

Brewer0311
09-07-08, 12:08 PM
He is definately a good man and Marine. I'm glad he lived up to your expectations.

Sorry to hear that "Trini" wasn't there. Sgt Turner is a radio operator though. At least you got to meet a new one from 1/9. I hope your search turns out better though.