PDA

View Full Version : Junk on the Bunk

Sheila Hays
08-09-08, 08:20 PM
I'm curious, do the Marines still have Junk on the Bunk. We always had to display all our uniform items before we had a CG inspection. :usmc: Semper Fi Sheila Hays LadyM59

Wyoming
08-09-08, 08:31 PM
I'm curious, do the Marines still have Junk on the Bunk. We always had to display all our uniform items before we had a CG inspection. :usmc: Semper Fi Sheila Hays LadyM59

Ms Sheila, I think it was done away with.

Too bad, for as much a pain in the ass it was, it kept your gear squared away.

Funny story - Our Top was a newbie Gunny when we went to the RVN together. Back in CONUS, at LTA, we stood a JOB. A young LT, with a NDR, was doing the inspecting. Top just stood behind him as he did the inspection, rolling his eyes. It was all we could do to keep from smiling (whatever), in the presence of greatness.

BTW, I am still in contact with the Top.

FistFu68
08-09-08, 08:40 PM
:evilgrin: JUNK ON THE BUNK,WAS SOMETHING TOO BE PROUD OF.THE ONE WHERE THEY FLIPPED A QUARTER ON YOU'R RACK@IF IT BOUNCED BACK HIGH ENOUGH FOR THE GUNNY TOO CATCH IT, YOU MADE YOU'R RACK TIGHT ENOUGH.:marine: :iwo:

Wyoming
08-09-08, 08:48 PM
:evilgrin: JUNK ON THE BUNK,WAS SOMETHING TOO BE PROUD OF.THE ONE WHERE THEY FLIPPED A QUARTER ON YOU'R RACK@IF IT BOUNCED BACK HIGH ENOUGH FOR THE GUNNY TOO CATCH IT, YOU MADE YOU'R RACK TIGHT ENOUGH.:marine: :iwo:

Amen to that Brother Jack!!!

greensideout
08-09-08, 09:04 PM
Junk on the Bunk from days of yore.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3573&highlight=junk+bunk

Brewer0311
08-10-08, 07:29 AM
I know that 1/9, 2/8, and 2/2 still hold them. As for anyone else I haven't asked my friends from those units. We had a nice JOB 3 days before we got on the planes to head to the sandbox.

Old Marine
08-10-08, 08:31 AM
"Things on the Springs" was the most useless inspection the Marine Corps ever devised. You could hide holes in uniforms, dirt on uniforms and numerous items you didn't want the inspector to find.

I had an extra issue used only for "Things on the Springs."

FistFu68
08-10-08, 11:01 AM
:evilgrin: 'YO GUNNY YOU MUSTA' BEEN 1HOLY MARINE(LOL):marine: :beer:

SGT7477
08-10-08, 11:07 AM
Lmfao.