PDA

View Full Version : I will stop at nothing

hockfan86
08-08-08, 06:22 PM
Hey all, I'm new here. I wanted to post my story to date as both motivation and information. First off on June 2nd, 2008 I weighed 300 pounds. Since then I have been working my butt off to not only lead a healthy lifestyle, but also to join the Marines. I now weigh 252 pounds today Aug. 8th. I have spoken with a recruiter and as soon as I get down to 241 I can take the necessary steps to get in to the DEP program. Next week I have my pulmonary test, I was diagnosed with asthma at age 2 so I have to take a test and pass to prove that I have/am outgrown/unaffected by asthma. I am really nervous because I do not want to get banned from the military for asthma like symptoms. I am just so excited to get down to 200 pounds by next summer and ship to boot camp. I hope you all work hard to reach your goals as I am, and I have the utmost respect for all members of all branches of the United States Military. If I am unable to become a Marine than I will use my college degree to get a job with the DOD supporting our armed forces in an administrative position. I am determined to serve the United States of America. Thank you for listening to my rambling and let me know your story if you care to share.

darkgreen0311
08-08-08, 06:28 PM
I think you'll be fine. If the asthma was a child hood thing, and you've out grown it and no problems since, you'll get a waiver . Great job on the weight loss.

:marine:Semper FI 4 Life

DOC WEB
08-08-08, 07:01 PM
and I have the utmost respect for all members of all branches of the United States Military.

lol thats gonna change if you become a marine.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

doc.

Achped
08-08-08, 07:16 PM
rofl Doc, give the kid a break! You're lucky, FMF Corpsman are the only non-Marines I even consider worthy to wear any US Military uniform at all.

hockfan86
08-08-08, 07:24 PM
I am well aware that the Marines are the best, however at this current juncture I have respect for anyone defending our freedom and the sacrifices they have made. On the same note my attitude could change ya never know. Thank you for the kind words.

JoeInVille
08-08-08, 07:25 PM
Keep it going man, your doing a good job. I started out at 303 pounds about 2 years ago and am now 179 and I am about 10 points away from a 1st class pft. It sounds like you know what to do and I personally know how hard it is to lose the weight, but just keeping working hard and stay moto when your on a plateau. Again, I wish you best of luck and continue to work hard to lose that weight.

CplKJSpevak
08-08-08, 07:32 PM
First off on June 2nd, 2008 I weighed 300 pounds. If I am unable to become a Marine than I .

Can always seek a career as a professional wrestler!;)

Just kidding Kid, keep up the Outstanding work your doing, thats the kind of heart our Corps needs...and thanks for not starting the thread with a long drawn out novel:marine:

Books
08-08-08, 07:47 PM
You've lost 50 pounds in little more than two months? That's incredible! What is your regimen like?

hockfan86
08-08-08, 07:51 PM
Well, I feel like a lot of the questions you marines get asked are ridiculous and lazy. I do not have a single family member in any military branch, but I learned about all branches through multiple websites and sources. I just thought maybe you guys would like a break from telling newbies to go look it up. Best of luck to all, I am going to get off the computer and go for a run. Thank you.

introspect
08-08-08, 08:03 PM
You've lost 50 pounds in little more than two months? That's incredible! What is your regimen like?

I was thinking this. I want to know too!!

Integrity57
08-08-08, 08:48 PM
rofl Doc, give the kid a break! You're lucky, FMF Corpsman are the only non-Marines I even consider worthy to wear any US Military uniform at all.

I'm not a ****ing corpsman, you saying I don't rate the uniform I wear achped?

MontySpecial
08-08-08, 09:17 PM
Well, I feel like a lot of the questions you marines get asked are ridiculous and lazy. I do not have a single family member in any military branch, but I learned about all branches through multiple websites and sources. I just thought maybe you guys would like a break from telling newbies to go look it up. Best of luck to all, I am going to get off the computer and go for a run. Thank you.

Put a capital 'M' on Marines, fellow poolee!. Trust me, Marines earn the right to be that important. You could always go to other recruiter offices and ask them (of course you're going to say, "I want information about the...but I'm enlisting into the Marines anyways.")

hockfan86
08-08-08, 09:37 PM
I usually do put a capital M on Marine, I forgot that time its my bad. I have visited all branch recruiting offices. Also here is my current workout: Every other day I run/walk 2 miles alternating between running and walking, on the days that I am not running I lift weights for a half hour and ride the stationary bike for 15 minutes, Every night I walk 4.5 miles. So in other words on a running day I run in the morning and walk 4.5 miles at night, on a weightlifting day I lift weights in the morning and walk 4.5 miles at night. I also eat healthy, I eat about 1700 calories a day. I eat a lot of subway fresh fit with no cheese or mayo on wheat bread, w/ baked lays. I also eat a lot of weight watchers and lean cuisine frozen meals. Top all of this off with fruit and veggies and an occasional unhealthy treat. Also take note that I did not start out with this regimen because at 300 pounds and 3 yrs of no excersize, I was not strong enough or conditioned to do this regimen, but in 2 short months I have worked my way up to it. Also the 4.5 mile walk at night is incredible for stress, its relaxing and I get in my own world and think about everything, mostly about becoming a Marine. Thank you.

Achped
08-08-08, 09:47 PM
I'm not a ****ing corpsman, you saying I don't rate the uniform I wear achped?

It was an exaggeration.

Obviously there are hundreds of thousands of us military members who rate their uniform just as much if not more than I rate the US Marine Corps EGA.

Wyoming
08-08-08, 09:56 PM
It was an exaggeration.

Obviously there are hundreds of thousands of us military members who rate their uniform just as much if not more than I rate the US Marine Corps EGA.

Stepped in it that time, didn't you?