PDA

View Full Version : Pizza @ MCRD?

proudashellmama
08-08-08, 02:36 PM
Thursday is family day at MCRD. We will be there all day, then see our new Marine at 1 pm. Anyone know if we are allowed to have Pizza delivered there?

xoxoxo:no:

Isrowei
08-08-08, 02:41 PM
Quiznos delivers, but they also have Subway and the on-base resturaunt Traditions to choose from.

Or.. you can stop by the grocery store first and have a picnic there.

bgsuwoody
08-08-08, 03:46 PM
Well I would divulge the secrets that I know as I may have stumbled my way on some during team week, but my bootcamp Series Commander has already responded so...the lips are sealed lol.

Wyoming
08-08-08, 04:00 PM
Quiznos delivers, but they also have Subway and the on-base resturaunt Traditions to choose from.

Or.. you can stop by the grocery store first and have a picnic there.

Trying to wangle an invite there, LT? :cool:

CplKJSpevak
08-08-08, 05:06 PM
Is there still a Burger King at Parris Island? My DI used to tell us we were " 2 Live Crew at Burger King".........because we were "As nasty as we wanted to be, and we wanted to have it our way!"

Brewer0311
08-08-08, 06:00 PM
My mother ordered Domino's for me when I graduated. Don't know if its changed since 06' though.

SGT Martinez
08-08-08, 06:38 PM
It has been a long time since I was at MCRD, but I believe Dominos and Pizza Hut can get on base now. After 12 weeks of the chowhall I understand...you can always meet the delivery person at the maingate.

proudashellmama
08-08-08, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone... that's exactly what we will do...

xoxoxo

terri

ScottsMom
08-10-08, 07:39 AM
We had every intention of having pizza delivered but we got so wrapped up in visiting with our son that none of us thought about eating until 1/2 hour before Family Day ended. We then rushed our son thru Subway just so he wouldn't go without. The day was just so awesome, food was an after thought..... Have a great time and try to remember to eat!!

tampabay3990
08-10-08, 09:21 AM
speaking of Marines and pizza. check this out. pretty funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoAf7dxt-DU

Isrowei
08-10-08, 09:24 AM
I wish there was Pizza Hut here!

There is a burger joint called "Backyard Burger". It's decent, a bit pricey. And many local establishments are allowed to deliver. Just check when you get into town.

And Al... I never turn down food :)

LcplT
08-13-08, 02:46 AM
Now if i remember right .......Lets seeeeeeee...I was there in 1989...After eating at the fast food joint I got back to the barracks.......after about an hour ........the stomach ack and nausia were about unbearable... Feeed you son good food from the nicer resturant...he will process it way better and wont get sick...

Wardey
08-13-08, 11:14 AM
We had sandwiches,tacos (Dave's Favorite), Fresh garden veggies, Chips,burgers, etc.....but hen again we brought our own.:D

Wardey
08-13-08, 11:15 AM
All joking aside though, they have a great burger joint but it gets very crowded. Dave

Petz
08-13-08, 11:30 AM
I remember eating everything in the world... and yes!!! I got sick!!! our DI's helped us out by making us PT the next day, and as a farewell they took us into the pit one last time... we all consented so it was cool, ahh, the fond memories of boot camp.

oh, and don't ask you kid about any terrible stuff that happened in boot camp until two years after... that way his DIs won't get in trouble... and or his series CO... right sir?!

Wardey
08-13-08, 11:34 AM
My son is MOT. I will pass this along to him. He leaves to Camp Legion on Tuesday and the to either
Missouri or Montana for his MVT MOS.Thank you, Dave