PDA

View Full Version : Pretty damn POed

mballek90
08-08-08, 12:48 PM
So I have had my ship date of 20080811 since 20071205 and as of yesterday I've been pushed back until the 25th.

I've been so pumped the past 2 months to finally leave and this past week has been nothing but goodbye lunches, dinners and parties and now I'm stuck here for another 2 weeks.

My Mom goes on the ezboards [ever since my brother joined 2 years ago] and said that there was a mom who's son is in PCP at the moment and said there are no pick up dates even on the island from the 11th to the 15th.

Anyone know why?
My recruiter hasn't the slightest clue/
And I think if I have a better reason then "I really have no idea" I wouldn't be so upset/****ed about this.

outlaw3179
08-08-08, 01:16 PM
Quit your fu*ckin whining. Soon youll be there and all then your mom wont be there to check the ez boards. The Marine Corps does sh*t on it's on time. Shut your face, do some more pushups, go on another run, bang another slut and stand the f*ck by. Hurry up and wait . Get use to it.

sscjoe
08-08-08, 01:28 PM
Try getting pushed back 6 months, like the Sgt said get used to the hurry up and wait. If it ****es you off so much, when you report to ship don't take the oath .

Brewer0311
08-08-08, 01:38 PM
[quote=mballek90;377678]

Anyone know why?
quote]

Thanksgiving. They don't graduate on a holiday.

Petz
08-08-08, 01:39 PM
Quit your fu*ckin whining. Soon youll be there and all then your mom wont be there to check the ez boards. The Marine Corps does sh*t on it's on time. Shut your face, do some more pushups, go on another run, bang another slut and stand the f*ck by. Hurry up and wait . Get use to it.

hahaha, you just summed up someones career....

kid listen... the island has issues all the time... for all you know your platoon got full from broke dicks and fat bodies... a lack of DI's could have been an issue... things happen over your head all the time, you need to stop being so selfish and learn to be more selfless... then you'll start learning what it's like to be a Marine.... you almost ****ed me off.

mballek90
08-08-08, 02:19 PM
Oh jeezzeee
Sorryyy guys.

I know all about 'Semper Gumbi' believe me.

I just wanted a simple reason why this may have happened, and I only got it from Brewer. [Thanks]

PS- "Bang another slut", Hah, I've bent the "Don't ask, don't tell" rule a bit much already.

Big Jim
08-08-08, 02:39 PM
Oh jeezzeee
Sorryyy guys.

I know all about 'Semper Gumbi' believe me.

I just wanted a simple reason why this may have happened, and I only got it from Brewer. [Thanks]

PS- "Bang another slut", Hah, I've bent the "Don't ask, don't tell" rule a bit much already.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN...??? IF I TAKE FOR FACE VALUE IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET...IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE DOING?!?!

sscjoe
08-08-08, 02:44 PM
Big Jim, give the young-un a break, maybe he meant he just plays with himself alot

mrmorency
08-08-08, 03:15 PM
Stand down mballek90. I don't think we need you to take this any further. Dust yourself off, never mention the policy again, and we'll all be better off. Don't even worry about trying to explain yourself.

mrmorency
08-08-08, 03:16 PM
ps: "Bang another slut" might be strange terminology to use to a female.

sscjoe
08-08-08, 03:22 PM
"Big Jim, give the young-un a break, maybe he meant he just plays with himself alot"

My bust,young lady. I should've checked you profile before I opened my big mouth and ate leather.

bgsuwoody
08-08-08, 03:35 PM
It could be worse...you could be one of my brothers in the "suck" and be told the exact same thing...."You guys are going to be leaving next week" only to find out they dont leave for a MONTH OR TWO!! Deal with that, now look at it in a different perspective.

mballek90
08-08-08, 04:16 PM
WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN...??? IF I TAKE FOR FACE VALUE IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET...IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE DOING?!?!

It's a joke I use among friends. [Long story short they think it's 'manly' for a female to be a Marine unless they're 'funny' so I joke about 'loving' my own.]
I'm not insinuating anything.
I probably should have put a 'haha' after that?

Wyoming
08-08-08, 04:43 PM
It's a joke I use among friends. [Long story short they think it's 'manly' for a female to be a Marine unless they're 'funny' so I joke about 'loving' my own.]
I'm not insinuating anything.
I probably should have put a 'haha' after that?

Personally, I think you should simply STFU. **** like that ain't gonna cut it in the Marine Corps.

Try it with one of your DI's.:evilgrin:

JRHD72
08-08-08, 05:32 PM
A Force in readiness. Sit on the beach with your trash packed n wait for the ship to come in!

nightstalker2
08-08-08, 05:48 PM
hey, I'm listening to young men and woman cry over a training date. Hell what happens when you miss getting chow and told the messhall is closed and you now have extra duty for your troubles. I had a lot of training dates missed or change because of programs of the corps. Do not worry you'll get the training you need and the patients to wait to get thing done. Please don't become a marine that looks the other way when wrong is being done. remember God Country and Corps. Because you take the oath to protect it and its way of life.

lagrand
08-09-08, 01:46 AM
mballek, I'm letting you know from a fellow poolee that right now, you need to quit while you're ahead (not that you are). Learn to shut your mouth before you get in trouble. It's gotten me in trouble in my past, don't make the same mistakes I've made. Listen to Corporal Holmes and shut up. And as far as your ship date, no one cares. Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. You need to adapt and overcome the fact that you can't leave as soon as you want to. I have been to MEPS 3 times with my shipment date pushed back the same amount of times. Now I'm at December. You don't see me *****ing on the forum about how "POed" I am at the Marine Corps do you? NO, because I'm not a freakin' selfish SOB.

Marines, I am starting to see and understand the frustration that you Men and Women experience because of us poolees. God bless you all.

KevinR90
08-09-08, 08:47 AM
dang dude. Look on the bright side- you'll be home for thanksgiving now- otherwise you'd be at MCT. You shouldn't have made such a whiny post about it. I got pushed back to the 25th from the 11th and you don't see me complaining (though even with all the happiness I put in my post someone still managed to tell me not to complain, despite the fact that I was happy for once something out of my control went my way).

As Lagrand says, quit while you're ahead. You're not going to win.