PDA

View Full Version : Program SOU

dhenderson88
08-07-08, 11:51 PM
So, I have a copy of my program SOU signed by myself and my recruiter but the copy I have doesn't have a MEPS signature on it. So does this copy have any weight to it since it doesn't have a signature for MEPS on it?

DGardner
08-08-08, 01:43 PM
Why do you need it to have weight? The actual one is on file...

Petz
08-08-08, 01:47 PM
'cause if it gets lost on someones desk.... it's lost!

your copy should always be as up to date on the signatures as POSSIBLE... so as I stated... sometimes this isn't possible... don't worry about it kid... life will keep on moving.

slimmy07
08-08-08, 03:36 PM
Your good kid, as long as your signature and the recruiters signature is on there ,your fine. The MEPS signature is signed up at OPS. They fax the SOU (statement of understanding) up to MEPS and it gets signed. Just hold on to your copy and you will be fine. Congrats on joining the DEP and taking the step to being part of the family.

dhenderson88
08-08-08, 05:48 PM
Thank you very much, Sgt Slimmy and SSgt Petzold for your responses. DGardner, the reason I asked is because I'm courtesy shipping out of Carson, Nv and my original recruiter is in Orlando, Fl. The Gunny at the Carson RSS said I may not have my job, but I have the copy of the Program SOU and was hoping that could help me out if there was any confusion, like it being lost or something as the SSgt said. I actually just talked to both my recruiter and the Gunny recently, they both said I do in fact have my job, so no worries then. Again, thank you very much for your responses.