PDA

View Full Version : CIF Super-Nazis or efficient business?

Achped
08-07-08, 10:23 PM
First off, Im not sure if there's any precise finger to point here, I dont know if its CIF higher ups, or the guys in the USMC who contract out to CIF or what. But a finger definitely needs to be pointed.

For the old timers, all required gear now issued out to Marines is now done through a civilian company, Consolidated Issue Facility www.usmccif.com (http://www.usmccif.com)

I am not BSing you, if you lose a 2.56$ plastic bungee cord keeper, you cannot just pay CIF the 2.56$ you have to get counseled by your NCOIC, and OIC. You have to get a missing gear statement filled out and a NAVMC 6 form signed by the batallion CO, you then have to go to IPAC, get a voucher number, and it has to be taken out of your pay...even a 2.56$ plastic bungee cord keeper.

This is no exageration.

A few weeks ago I was taking a Marine to get his gas mask and they had a Marine who was checking out that had just recently gotten back from Iraq and had BLOOD STAINS on his flak, and CIF was forcing this Marine to scrub the dickens out of it for at least 20 minutes. When it was obvious the stains wouldnt come out they tried to make him pay for it! Those blood stains occured in theater! In Iraq!!

If you've been in recently or are currently serving you know what im talking about, what gives with these guys?