PDA

View Full Version : N(.)(.)bie!

PhantomLord
08-07-08, 09:36 PM
Hows it goin guys. I'm fixin to go in next week to get the ball rollin for my Marine career. I'll be reserving my spot for 0321 and will be leaving in March. Should be one hellova ride. I look forward to bull****tin with you guys.:beer:

thewookie
08-07-08, 10:17 PM
Rock on.... should be wicked p*ssa... make sure ya buckle up.

Books
08-07-08, 10:21 PM
Awesome! Welcome to the community.

PhantomLord
08-07-08, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Wyoming
08-07-08, 10:54 PM
N(.)(.)bie!

Are you a chippy, or just a gamer with big boobs?:confused:

PhantomLord
08-07-08, 11:00 PM
bwahahaha, I play Counter Strike Source every now and then but thats about it now a days

bgsuwoody
08-08-08, 03:55 PM
Dear Jesus...when you decide to send me boots, will you please send me one's who have never spent their lives playing video games and watching movies thinking that that is what the USMC is. I will never do anything wrong again...well I may do unforgivable things to Jessica Simpson if I ever get that chance, but besides that I will behave. Please Please Please, if you hear this right now and I'm sure you do...know that we aren't all like this and we need some Marines who can do a job and not just be Ricky Recon...Amen

Wyoming
08-08-08, 04:35 PM
Amen and Amen, Brother!!

JoeSzynal
08-08-08, 04:41 PM
Damn woody, you gotta be the saltiest Lance on the boards here. Don't forget you're still a boot till you come back from the sandbox. You know how it works in the infantry. Semper Fi brother.

Books
08-08-08, 05:14 PM
I will never do anything wrong again...well I may do unforgivable things to Jessica Simpson if I ever get that chance

Where's that from? Sounds like a familiar line.

PhantomLord
08-08-08, 09:25 PM
Dear Jesus...when you decide to send me boots, will you please send me one's who have never spent their lives playing video games and watching movies thinking that that is what the USMC is. I will never do anything wrong again...well I may do unforgivable things to Jessica Simpson if I ever get that chance, but besides that I will behave. Please Please Please, if you hear this right now and I'm sure you do...know that we aren't all like this and we need some Marines who can do a job and not just be Ricky Recon...Amen

Ahaha, judging by that you sound like one who never got to enjoy such pleasures in life. I also enjoy Motorcross (since I was 3), MMA, Boxing, 6 martial arts, Bow hunting, Baseball, etc. But I guess since I have enjoyed my youth im not cut for the Marines.

Now I may be taking what you said competely wrong so correct me if i am.

But we all start as snot nosed punks. Its the Corps that puts the man in you.

Wyoming
08-08-08, 09:46 PM
Ahaha, judging by that you sound like one who never got to enjoy such pleasures in life. I also enjoy Motorcross (since I was 3), MMA, Boxing, 6 martial arts, Bow hunting, Baseball, etc. But I guess since I have enjoyed my youth im not cut for the Marines.

Now I may be taking what you said competely wrong so correct me if i am.

But we all start as snot nosed punks. Its the Corps that puts the man in you.

Well snot nose, you just disrespected a Fine Marine.

Listen, hear it?

INCOMING!!!

PhantomLord
08-08-08, 09:50 PM
I mean no disrespect at all but I won't be walked on either. With that being said, I'm a smart *** by nature, thanks to my Irish heritage, so I may let it slip sometimes. I Apologize ahead of time.

SlingerDun
08-08-08, 10:00 PM
Dear Jesus...when you decide to send me boots, will you please send me one's who have never spent their lives playing video games and watching movies....Oh and i suppose you would also like to know at least 5 of the winning numbers for saturdays 6 digit megapowerlottobuck jackpot!http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif
...I also enjoy Motorcross (since I was 3), MMA, Boxing, 6 martial arts, Bow hunting, Baseball...But we all start as snot nosed punks. Its the Corps that puts the man in youI stepped on an earwig just last night and not 3 days ago got stung on the lip by a bumblebee while working in the yard, all by myself.

PhantomLord
08-08-08, 10:03 PM
Yes yes, and that same damned bee got me on my wittle hand. I'm getting the sledge hammer next time.

lagrand
08-09-08, 01:26 AM
I mean no disrespect at all but I won't be walked on either. With that being said, I'm a smart ass by nature, thanks to my Irish heritage, so I may let it slip sometimes. I Apologize ahead of time.

Don't apologize ahead. Just don't be a smart***. These Marines have earned the title and have earned the right to walk on you. I mean no disrespect towards you Phantom, but don't challenge them. They are higher than you and even if you think you are right in a debate or argument with a Marine, well buddy you've just made an irrational thought.

jinelson
08-09-08, 01:49 AM
Don't apologize ahead. Just don't be a smartass. These Marines have earned the title and have earned the right to walk on you. I mean no disrespect towards you Phantom, but don't challenge them. They are higher than you and even if you think you are right in a debate or argument with a Marine, well buddy you've just made an irrational thought.

Thats very sound advice Poolee and it needs to be acted on.

Jim

lagrand
08-09-08, 01:54 AM
Thank you, Staff Sergeant.

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 11:01 AM
Don't apologize ahead. Just don't be a smart***. These Marines have earned the title and have earned the right to walk on you. I mean no disrespect towards you Phantom, but don't challenge them. They are higher than you and even if you think you are right in a debate or argument with a Marine, well buddy you've just made an irrational thought.

Very true. Thanks for the heads up.

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 12:32 PM
I must say though, that when I earn my right to be called a Marine, I WILL NOT be doing it for the right to walk on people or to bully people around. I'm joining the Marine Corps to protect my country and my loved ones, not to feel like I'm better then them and that I can walk on whoever I want. If that's why you have joined or any other Marine has joined then I personally believe that is wrong and if you wanted such an ego boost you should have found something else to do with your time. I think its sickening when any body from the Armed forces acts that way. We citizens have nothing but huge amounts of respect for you guys.

Marines have honor, loyalty, RESPECT. If you can't display these simple things to ordinary citizens that you swore to protect then why should the citizens have respect for you.

Again, I have utmost respect for not only the Armed Forces but for the Marine Corps especially because you are the best, hands down. You guys put your lives on the line for our freedoms. You are the first punch in American military. So, instead of ripping my ass a new one for standing up for myself against a Marine, just think about it. I'm open for debate but if all you want to do is try to drag a person down instead of lift them up, then your not what I thought you were and I mean that very seriously.

God bless

Brewer0311
08-09-08, 12:47 PM
I must say though, that when I earn my right to be called a Marine, I WILL NOT be doing it for the right to walk on people or to bully people around. I'm joining the Marine Corps to protect my country and my loved ones, not to feel like I'm better then them and that I can walk on whoever I want. If that's why you have joined or any other Marine has joined then I personally believe that is wrong and if you wanted such an ego boost you should have found something else to do with your time. I think its sickening when any body from the Armed forces acts that way. We citizens have nothing but huge amounts of respect for you guys.

Ok first of all. Watch your smart ass mouth. The majority of the Marines on here you are talking to are combat vets or have completed at least one term.(Personally for me being a Marine on a Marine website gives them plenty of reason to do it anyway) That is what gives THEM the right to say what the **** they want to some POS civi that doesn't rate to wear an olive drab pt shirt.

They get their rights to talk to you or any other wannabe becuase they've been to Vietnam, Korea, Grenada, Kosovo, Afghan, Iraq, Kuwait, or any other coutnry that I did not list. They've spent countless birthdays, holidays, births, anniversaries, and time with their family to let you play your little computer games and what not.

Please, please, PLEASE go 03XX and then beg to come to my unit. My name and unit are on my profile and always will be. I'll be more than happy to have you and teach you the ways so many of us have been taught.

Lastly, the "We citizens" ****. I've been spat on at an airport when I was coming back from Iraq by one of these "citizens" you speak of. Don't give me that bull**** becuase your talking on personal accounts and not for all US citizens. Believe me I know there are a lot that do have respect for us and I know there are a lot that don't. I was the bigger man in that incident becuase I didn't retaliate.

Carry on and watch your trap.

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 12:59 PM
Ok first of all. Watch your smart ass mouth. I said that with as much respect as I could, if you took offense, thats on you. The majority of the Marines on here you are talking to are combat vets or have completed at least one term. And I am forever grateful for their sacrifices and their selflessness.(Personally for me being a Marine on a Marine website gives them plenty of reason to do it anyway) That is what gives THEM the right to say what the **** they want to some POS civil Is that what being a Marine is about. Is to protect us POS civilians. To tell us we are nothing. that doesn't rate to wear an olive drab pt shirt.

They get their rights to talk to you or any other wannabe becuase they've been to Vietnam, Korea, Grenada, Kosovo, Afghan, Iraq, Kuwait, or any other coutnry that I did not list. They've spent countless birthdays, holidays, births, anniversaries, and time with their family to let you play your little computer games and what not.
I am aware of their sacrifices. Again, I am forever grateful.

Please, please, PLEASE go 03XX and then beg to come to my unit. My name and unit are on my profile and always will be. I'll be more than happy to have you and teach you the ways so many of us have been taught. You can bet your ass I'll be there.

Lastly, the "We citizens" ****. I've been spat on at an airport when I was coming back from Iraq by one of these "citizens" you speak of. Don't give me that bull**** becuase your talking on personal accounts and not for all US citizens. Believe me I know there are a lot that do have respect for us and I know there are a lot that don't. I was the bigger man in that incident becuase I didn't retaliate.

You are correct and it saddens me that such liberal dip ****s can call them selves American's. I, however, am not one of those who spit on my protectors. I recently went on vacation and gave up my $400 first class plane ticket to a man in the Marines. He was supposed to sit in the back by the engines and I wasn't going to have that. So I stood up, shook his hand, thanked him for his service, and gave him my seat. Anytime I pass a military man or woman I ALWAYS stop and thank them.

Carry on and watch your trap. Will do.

Wyoming
08-09-08, 01:01 PM
I gotta go get some popcorn.

lagrand
08-09-08, 02:38 PM
Sigh...

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 02:45 PM
Look, i didn't come here to start a huge riot. I came hear to learn. The first thing I get is my ass jumped. I knew it was coming but I wasn't going to take it with my hands around my ankles. Everyone has made their point and I have made mine. Like I have said countless times, I personally have a lot of respect you Marines and hopefully soon I'll be joining you guys.

God Bless and stay safe,

Phantom/Justin

NicholasITALY
08-09-08, 06:16 PM
Look, i didn't come here to start a huge riot. I came hear to learn. The first thing I get is my ass jumped. I knew it was coming but I wasn't going to take it with my hands around my ankles. Everyone has made their point and I have made mine. Like I have said countless times, I personally have a lot of respect you Marines and hopefully soon I'll be joining you guys.

God Bless and stay safe,

Phantom/Justin

SO SHUT THE HELL UP! AND SAY EYE SIR! DON'T YOU NEVER TRY TO CHALLENGE A UNITED STATES MARINE. NEVER.
YOU ARE HERE TO LEARN, IF YOU THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING EASY ON YOU, WELL YOU BETTER LEARN QUICK HOW IT WORKS. IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THIS HERE...

GO ARMY!!!

1.MARINES ARE ALWAYS RIGHT
2.IF A MARINE IS WRONG, READ ABOVE!

Wyoming
08-09-08, 06:33 PM
SO SHUT THE HELL UP! AND SAY EYE SIR! DON'T YOU NEVER TRY TO CHALLENGE A UNITED STATES MARINE. NEVER.
YOU ARE HERE TO LEARN, IF YOU THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING EASY ON YOU, WELL YOU BETTER LEARN QUICK HOW IT WORKS. IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THIS HERE...

GO ARMY!!!

Jeez, I had to check to see iffen I had posted that!!

Go Mafia, get some!!!:scared:

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 06:42 PM

GO ARMY!!!

The Army is for target practice. No thank you, and I'll challenge whoever the **** I want to challenge. You got a problem with that, you know where i am. Either way I'm going to be a Marine with or without anybodies help. So thanks for you concern.

Now, let the **** hit the fan.

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 06:53 PM
Well, I want to say I'm sorry and that I was wrong. I spoke ^^^ out of anger instead of stepping back and letting it sink in first. So, I apologize. I still stand by the fact that I will become a Marine with or without your peoples help. So again, I apologize for in some way or another being offensive to anybody on here. Hopefully we can look back at this thread as a joke in the future.

Phantom/Justin

BR34
08-09-08, 07:04 PM
You getting this butt hurt by some Marines and a couple of Poolees trying to straighten you out here, imagine how your life will be once you get off the damn bus and hit the Depot. You going to tell your Drill Instructors "hey, I respect your accomplishments, but don't think you can scream at me just cause you been to Iraq"? You need to put things in perspective and learn how to pick your battles. You have absolutely no ****ing ground to stand on. Stand at ease and show some ****ing respect.

Your feelings hurt? Suck it the **** up and move on with the mission (yellow footprints in your case).

NicholasITALY
08-09-08, 07:05 PM
The Army is for target practice. No thank you, and I'll challenge whoever the **** I want to challenge. You got a problem with that, you know where i am. Either way I'm going to be a Marine with or without anybodies help. So thanks for you concern.

lol you are 19 and you talk like a kid.
You want to challege the Marines? lol

Well, I want to say I'm sorry and that I was wrong. I spoke ^^^ out of anger instead of stepping back and letting it sink in first. So, I apologize. I still stand by the fact that I will become a Marine with or without your peoples help. So again, I apologize for in some way or another being offensive to anybody on here. Hopefully we can look back at this thread as a joke in the future.
I can just look back at this thread as a "joke in the future" but personally I don't care. And I'm not the one who has to look back at this thread as a "joke in the future" for sure.
So good luck for you.
But remember. Like you said you are here to learn.
They are here spending their time for free to teach you something.

Good Luck in the future. You need it.

@ bigalholmes165:
:beer:

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 07:06 PM
You getting this butt hurt by some Marines and a couple of Poolees trying to straighten you out here, imagine how your life will be once you get off the damn bus and hit the Depot. You going to tell your Drill Instructors "hey, I respect your accomplishments, but don't think you can scream at me just cause you been to Iraq"? You need to put things in perspective and learn how to pick your battles. You have absolutely no ****ing ground to stand on. Stand at ease and show some ****ing respect.

Your feelings hurt? Suck it the **** up and move on with the mission (yellow footprints in your case).

True, very true. I guess I was expecting it to much and snapped back with out really meaning to. So, I'm learning from my first mistake.

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 07:27 PM
lol you are 19 and you talk like a kid.
You want to challege the Marines? lol I wasn't challenging the Marines.

I can just look back at this thread as a "joke in the future" but personally I don't care. And I'm not the one who has to look back at this thread as a "joke in the future" for sure.
So good luck for you.
But remember. Like you said you are here to learn.
They are here spending their time for free to teach you something.

Good Luck in the future. You need it. Thanks.

@ bigalholmes165:
:beer:

KevinR90
08-09-08, 08:49 PM
Well PhantomLord, .... Just know you won't win on this site, don't even start an argument unless it's something important and you can show evidence that you're right, otherwise it's smart to not say anything. It seems the majority of the poolees/ wannabe's have to get their ass handed to them sooner or later, I know I did.

So welcome so the site, don't complain, use the search function, don't be an idiot, and you'll have a good time.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/misc/images_ln/spacer.gif

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 08:52 PM
Thanks, Im going through that now. i'll be heading to the recruiters office come next week to get things started. I have to get stuff straightened out with the recruiters and my school since i was home schooled the last two years of highschool.

thewookie
08-09-08, 10:40 PM
when I earn my right to be called a Marine

I told you from the get go to buckle up. Maybe you thought I was being funny.

You need some thicker skin, you just cannot come into a Marines home and tell them that you want to be one of them, and walk away without hearing something.

The easiest thing in the world - the easiest thing in the world is to sit in your house, in front of your computer, and use your fingers to be a tough guy.

PhantomLord
08-09-08, 10:53 PM

You need some thicker skin, you just cannot come into a Marines home and tell them that you want to be one of them, and walk away without hearing something.

The easiest thing in the world - the easiest thing in the world is to sit in your house, in front of your computer, and use your fingers to be a tough guy.

Noted.

Wyoming
08-09-08, 10:55 PM

Right on, Wook, OR, sit in the dark and let your hand make you happy!!

lagrand
08-10-08, 12:26 AM

1. The Army is fighting alongside every other person out there in the sandbox. If you think it's funny to say that, go tell it to a dead soldier's mother. I'm sure she'd be grateful to hear it.
2. You WON'T challenge whoever the **** you want to challenge because it's disrespectful. Learn some respect and you'll be given some. I dare you to try and challenge a DI, your Company Commander, or other higher up. We'll see how long your Marine Corps career lasts.
3. Phantom...keep your mouth shut alright? If you think the attitude you have now is going to fly in the Corps or even on this site, YOU'RE WRONG. If you want to learn, then learn. Observe. Ask questions. Take the good with the bad and get on with life. Stop b****ing and complaining and stop trying to challenge others. LET THIS BE YOUR FIRST LESSON PHANTOM. YOU WILL NOT ALWAYS BE RIGHT!

I am nowhere close to being a Marine yet, but I sure as hell want to be one just like any other poolee on this website. We, as poolees, need to start learning NOW what the Corps stands for and how to act as potential Marines. DONT B****. DONT MAKE EXCUSES. That goes for all the other poolees, also.

God bless all of you.

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 01:32 AM
1. The Army is fighting alongside every other person out there in the sandbox. If you think it's funny to say that, go tell it to a dead soldier's mother. I'm sure she'd be grateful to hear it. That was an offhanded joke that i say around my Army buds and the 5 family members I have in the Army. It was wrong, but I won't tell you the jokes they make of the Marine Corps.
2. You WON'T challenge whoever the **** you want to challenge because it's disrespectful. Learn some respect and you'll be given some. I was defending myself from an out of the blue instigation. Re-read the thread from start to finish. I dare you to try and challenge a DI, your Company Commander, or other higher up. We'll see how long your Marine Corps career lasts.
3. Phantom...keep your mouth shut alright? If you think the attitude you have now is going to fly in the Corps or even on this site, YOU'RE WRONG.
I didn't have an attitude until i was harrassed. At first i tried to play along but OH HELL NO! Ya can't do that. If you want to learn, then learn. Observe. Ask questions. Take the good with the bad and get on with life. Stop b****ing and complaining and stop trying to challenge others. Ahahaha LET THIS BE YOUR FIRST LESSON PHANTOM. Oh I have learned a lesson alright. YOU WILL NOT ALWAYS BE RIGHT!

I am nowhere close to being a Marine yet, but I sure as hell want to be one just like any other poolee on this website. We, as poolees, need to start learning NOW what the Corps stands for and how to act as potential Marines. DONT B****. DONT MAKE EXCUSES. That goes for all the other poolees, also.

God bless all of you.

Psurichie
08-10-08, 01:46 AM
When you get a date to go to boot camp please let us know. I really don't want to be there at the same time as you.

NicholasITALY
08-10-08, 01:50 AM
Wow didn't your mama slapped your SMART ass when you were a child?!
Dude, just the **** UP. don't answer. Just shut up.

Like it or leave.

When you will EARN some respect come back and talk.
What you are doing now is acting like a "computer-gangsta punk ass"

I want SERGEANT BIG JIM here :beer:

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 01:52 AM
Don't bother. I found what I needed. I need not stay here.

Thanks for your support and future support in fighting for our great country. Mine and my families prayers go with you. Good luck to you poolee's.

God Bless

lagrand
08-10-08, 01:56 AM
I guess respect is just much to ask of nowadays?

At least too much to ask of some.

NicholasITALY
08-10-08, 01:58 AM
With that attitude.. he won't make it at boot camp.. that's for sure..

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 02:01 AM
LaGrand,

No it's not to much to ask for.

Nicholas,

You and a few others continue to amaze me.

JoeInVille
08-10-08, 02:05 AM
Cry Me A River Lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

lagrand
08-10-08, 02:12 AM
Then dude, shape up. Believe it or not, we as poolees and all of the Marines want to help each other out. You must must must SHOW respect before you are ever SHOWN respect. Even if you are never ever in your life shown respect by anyone, do NOT stoop to that kind of level and disrespect anyone. Show everyone what it is like to BE a Marine BEING respectful. The Marines I have ever come in contact with have the highest levels of respect of any group of human beings. If you have never experienced that, then you need to EARN it. Just like you will EARN the title, Marine.

At this point it is your decision to leave or stay. But if you stay, keep in mind what I've said. And believe it or not, all that I've just said has been things I have learned from Marines. Be ready to just shut up for a second and listen to what they have to say. When they have finished you say "Aye Sir" or "Yes Sir" and carry on.

God bless.

BR34
08-10-08, 09:03 AM
This is funny. The kid can't take the heat on a website, so he decides to run away, yet he thinks he'll be just fine in boot camp. Poor guy is gonna crack at the depot and end up on suicide watch.

Good job trying to police your own, Poolees, but some civvies aren't even built to be in the D.E.P.

And Phantom, all of this easily could have been avoided by you just NOT RESPONDING.

Wyoming
08-10-08, 09:15 AM
Do I flame on new poolees?

Sure do!

How do they handle it?

Some, like the gaming/rambo phantonlord, get all ****y with their knickers in a wad. There are many like him, and they either get with the program, or go away.

Let me tell you, I have HIGH respect for the poolees of today. It ain't all physical training or rifle range these days. These are educated you women and men.

There will always be the 10%.

SGT7477
08-10-08, 09:29 AM
We will break you or make you,lol.

SGT7477
08-10-08, 09:31 AM
Do I flame on new poolees?

Sure do!

How do they handle it?

Some, like the gaming/rambo phantonlord, get all ****y with their knickers in a wad. There are many like him, and they either get with the program, or go away.

Let me tell you, I have HIGH respect for the poolees of today. It ain't all physical training or rifle range these days. These are educated you women and men.

There will always be the 10%.

Amen brother.:flag:

davblay
08-10-08, 09:33 AM
My fellow Marines, some poolees/wannabees seem to want to be flamed, they keep coming back with the smart answers, when all they have to do is STFU and behave themselves! The ones that make it thru our gauntlet are all the better for thier endurance. My hats of to the Poolees, by all means! I hope we always have a never ending supply of them!

Dave

SGT7477
08-10-08, 09:34 AM
Then dude, shape up. Believe it or not, we as poolees and all of the Marines want to help each other out. You must must must SHOW respect before you are ever SHOWN respect. Even if you are never ever in your life shown respect by anyone, do NOT stoop to that kind of level and disrespect anyone. Show everyone what it is like to BE a Marine BEING respectful. The Marines I have ever come in contact with have the highest levels of respect of any group of human beings. If you have never experienced that, then you need to EARN it. Just like you will EARN the title, Marine.

At this point it is your decision to leave or stay. But if you stay, keep in mind what I've said. And believe it or not, all that I've just said has been things I have learned from Marines. Be ready to just shut up for a second and listen to what they have to say. When they have finished you say "Aye Sir" or "Yes Sir" and carry on.

God bless.

Well put now for good measure get on your face and give me 50.:evilgrin:

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 12:14 PM

God bless.

Well last night. I gave you guys success. I left thinking that I was wasting my time with a bunch of people on a forum. That I was getting worked up for what, a bunch of people on a forum. First how sad are they, and second how sad is it that I fell for it. But after seeing such positive responses, I decided to pick my balls up, hold on for dear life, and jump back into the fire. I honestly don't give a flying **** in the wind what is said about my return. Call me what you will, you just put a smile on my face. I shouldn't have let some people I don't even know on a forum get to me that bad but I did and I learned from it.

So, again, even after all of this I still have buko amounts of respect for you Marines, whether you think I do or don't. I just wasn't expecting to be called a POS civilian for trying to show some support.

God bless.

Books
08-10-08, 12:43 PM
Because saying our nation's largest military branch is just "target practice" is funny as hell, right? You make me sick. Methinks this site needs some 11-Bravos to come square-off morons who toss out crap like that. That's not even funny. Do not joke about that with anyone, regardless of context. There is no appropraite context for that ****.

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 12:45 PM
True, it was wrong and i apologize for it. It won't happen again.

lagrand
08-10-08, 12:57 PM
Thanks for getting my six on that one Books. Regardless of whether they are the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard, that comment just didn't go well with me. It's alright to joke around about the Marines being better than the Army or whatever but that comment was uncalled for especially because soldiers ARE dying overseas.

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 12:59 PM
Yes, they are. i think it actually came from my uncle who was in the Army for a few years. But never the less. It was wrong and I am sorry.

NicholasITALY
08-10-08, 01:00 PM
Thanks for getting my six on that one Books. Regardless of whether they are the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard, that comment just didn't go well with me. It's alright to joke around about the Marines being better than the Army or whatever but that comment was uncalled for especially because soldiers ARE dying overseas.
Well said. And don't forget they are not just soldiers, they are fathers, mothers etc.. but first of all are U.S. Citizens. And are serving in a way or another the United States.

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 01:01 PM
Well said. And don't forget they are not just soldiers, they are fathers, mothers etc.. but first of all are U.S. Citizens. And are serving in a way or another the United States.

Yes sir they are. Don't worry it wont slip again.

lagrand
08-10-08, 01:02 PM
Damn right. Thanks Nick.

Books
08-10-08, 01:06 PM
Yes sir they are. Don't worry it wont slip again.

Sir? Look, we're not Marines. Nobody is a "sir" around here unless they are/were an officer of Marines. All enlisted personnel to are addressed by rank if you must, and you can just call us wannabees/poolees by our names or whatever you please really.

(There are certain situations where you should call an NCO "sir", but don't worry about it).

Books
08-10-08, 01:08 PM
*delete*

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 01:09 PM
Any one who is my elder (older then me) is a Sir in my books. And its polite to respond with a Sir. Thank you for the heads up on the NCO's and Officers. i'm still learning the ranks of everyone so I'll have to get in the habit of doing that. Again, thanks for the heads up.

Books
08-10-08, 01:10 PM
Any one who is my elder (older then me) is a Sir in my books.

Of course, but no poolee or wannabee is going to be your elder by a significant amount warranting that "sir". It's good habit in public to address older men as sir though.

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 01:11 PM
Understood.

Wyoming
08-10-08, 03:45 PM
phantom lord - Click Here (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59314&highlight=boot+camp+guide) - seriously.

It may help you in your quest.

Maybe, just maybe, the flames are dying out on your diapers.

Crap, it looks like sex in the afternoon made both me heads go soft. Blame it on the 'V'.:beer:

gobuffs10
08-10-08, 04:10 PM
This guy reminds me of me when I showed up here. Good luck man.

JoeInVille
08-10-08, 04:19 PM
phantom lord - Click Here (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59314&highlight=boot+camp+guide) - seriously.

Crap, it looks like sex in the afternoon made both me heads go soft. Blame it on the 'V'.:beer:
I just laughed my ass off haha

PhantomLord
08-10-08, 04:24 PM

Thank you for the gold nugget Cpl. That was perfect.