PDA

View Full Version : About CRSC...

jwtucker
08-07-08, 09:18 PM
Combat Related Special Compensation!!!! I was honarbly discharged from the corps. and then i sought treatment at the VA I would like to know if a person is not "medically retired from the corps" if...

FistFu68
08-07-08, 09:35 PM
:evilgrin: WHAT DOES "CRSC" STAND FOR? :evilgrin: :iwo:

jwtucker
08-08-08, 06:22 AM
it stands for- combat related special compensation

FistFu68
08-08-08, 08:28 AM
:evilgrin: I'D GET TREATMENT FOR THIS,THEN GO TO A SERVICE ORGANAZATION "VFW" OR "DAV".I FIND THE STATE ORGANAZATION HAS VERY MUCH PULL,LIKE WHERE I LIVE NOW;WISCONSIN DEPT.OF VETERAN AFFAIRS!!!I DID NOT GO IN TO THE V.A. FOR HELP FOR A'BOUT 27 YEARS AFTER THE FACT.GOODLUCK TAKE CARE OF YOU'R BIZZ NOW.WAITING CAN LEAD TOO A ROLLERCOASTER OF A LIFE,NOT GOOD.SEMPER~FIDELIS :evilgrin: :iwo:

oldtop
08-08-08, 09:19 AM
The "short" explanation: CRSC is available for active and reserve retirees with 20 or more years of service, and for those with less than 20 years of service that were medically retired due to injury. It is only paid for those disabilities that are combat related or those caused by "simulation of war". It is not paid for disabilities incurred during the course of regular training (ie: PFT; PT; car accident, etc.)

bootlace15
08-08-08, 09:20 AM
I was just approved for mine. Not bad 37 years...........

bootlace15 out

FistFu68
08-08-08, 11:25 AM
:evilgrin: IS THIS THE SAME,AS A "PTSD" DIAGNOSIS OR CLAIM???:evilgrin::iwo:

oldtop
08-11-08, 09:16 AM
FISTFU68..No...CRSC is paid by DFAS, not the VA. It is paid for disabilities that were diagnosed by the VA that are the direct result of Combat. If you were diagnosed with PTSD, it is considered a...

FistFu68
08-11-08, 09:55 AM
:evilgrin: TOP,CAN A MARINE THAT DID 20 YRS HONORABLY,THAT GET'S HIS RETIREMENT $$$$;STILL GET COMPENSATION 4THIS AND HIS RETIREMENT $$$$ ALSO? :evilgrin: :iwo: