PDA

View Full Version : MOS delema

Semper-1775-Fi
08-07-08, 02:55 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #b5b1b1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b5b1b1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Hi,
Im new, and currently enrolled in the DEP program.

I have a while to think about what it is exactly i want to do as far as my MOS is concerned, i did good on my ASVAB also, so i quallified for any job.

Right now I have been looking at 0321 recon, 1371 combat engineers, and 0311 rifleman.

I guess the only question i have is as far as combat engineers go, do you end up getting stuck at base alot? Because i want to get some kind of technical training out of the corps, but i want some sort of deployement while im in.

thewookie
08-07-08, 03:02 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #b5b1b1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b5b1b1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Hi,
Im new, and currently enrolled in the DEP program.

I have a while to think about what it is exactly i want to do as far as my MOS is concerned, i did good on my ASVAB also, so i quallified for any job.

Right now I have been looking at 0321 recon, 1371 combat engineers, and 0311 rifleman.

I guess the only question i have is as far as combat engineers go, do you end up getting stuck at base alot? Because i want to get some kind of technical training out of the corps, but i want some sort of deployement while im in.

I think you should fix your screen name, it's cute and all that, but you don't rate jack and won't get many constructive responses with it. Nevermind the rest of the junk you are talking about, do some research.

And, don't get smart, I'm right down the road from you and I'll come find you and do some wood working with you..... he he

beebe2141
08-07-08, 04:20 PM
Someone made Sgt. mad, I've been in that spot, he isn't nice all the time. :P

Semper-1775-Fi
08-07-08, 05:39 PM
Sorry, how do I change my screen name?
I didn't mean any disrespect by the way, I intend on making the Marine Corps a career and have nothing but the outmost respect for those currently and previously enlisted.

outlaw3179
08-07-08, 06:26 PM
I dont see what the dilemma is ... 03. The End.

thewookie
08-07-08, 09:04 PM
Sorry, how do I change my screen name?
I didn't mean any disrespect by the way, I intend on making the Marine Corps a career and have nothing but the outmost respect for those currently and previously enlisted.

I don't think you can change it once you picked it,,, I was just bustin your chops anyway. I wanted to see what your response was.

Semper-1775-Fi
08-07-08, 11:12 PM
How did I do?
And what was your MOS?
I'm just curious, because I have absolutely no idea what kind of jobs there are, I mean, I cant just ask my recruiter for a complete list of all the jobs in the Corps, can I?

PhantomLord
08-07-08, 11:46 PM
The interwebz is your friend bud. Check this out, Click Here (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm). This helped explain to me what jobs were available. Also check here (http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blfitmale.htm) for PFT info. Hope that helps.

Firefox
08-08-08, 03:15 AM
How did I do?
And what was your MOS?
I'm just curious, because I have absolutely no idea what kind of jobs there are, I mean, I cant just ask my recruiter for a complete list of all the jobs in the Corps, can I?

Actually you can ask your Recruiter for a complete list jobs in the Corps that is why he is there.

CplKJSpevak
08-08-08, 08:00 AM
I told the recruiter " I wanna be Force Recon, Jet Pilot, or Guard the President" They put me in supply. That's right in the rear with the gear.......Still a Motherfvcking Marine though!

bgsuwoody
08-08-08, 08:15 AM
You mean there is more than one job in the Marine Corps...damn did I get screwed? ****...you mean everyone in the Marine Corps is not a 03xx. HOLY CRAP!