PDA

View Full Version : Gary's PC Dilemma

badbob
08-01-02, 12:04 PM
As “thedrifter has previously stated, thanks to everyone who has helped Gary with his PC Problem. However this mission is not yet complete.

To update those of you who may not have followed the thread, Gary recently lost his Job and hence, lost access to his only computer. Gary also started and maintains the Slop Shute, making Gary a viable asset to us Members and this site.

Several of us chipped in and have provided Gary with almost all of the Components necessary, CPU, Mouse, Keyboard - all donated by members “Marines helping Marines”.

Gary now only needs a Monitor to complete his system.

Apparently no one here has an extra monitor to spare so, if we need to raise money to purchase a new monitor, lets do it!

Based on current cost, we can accomplish this final part of the mission for under $250.00

I suggest that the site set up a Leatherneck.com PayPal account. PayPal will allow Members to make donations in any amount, from their Checking account or Credit card.

This account may also be used to raise funds, as needed in the future.

How about it Marines, does this sound like a Plan:qmark:

Bob Neener
Golf 2/9 Lima 3/3
Vietnam 1965-1966

Sgt0811
08-01-02, 12:18 PM
:D Count me in. Sounds like a great idea.:banana:

thedrifter
08-01-02, 12:45 PM
At this time I'm waiting on word from a Marine who stated they were looking into obtaining a Monitor for Gary.......

If this fails I will let you know that we will need a little more assistance in this matter.......

Thanks Again for all you help Marines........
We could not do it without you's......

Semper Fi,

Roger