PDA

View Full Version : So I changed out my shower curtain because it was moldy....

Achped
08-06-08, 11:15 PM
I guess Gunny (or someone) doesn't like the new choice???

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8547/p8060072ud2.jpg

yellowwing
08-06-08, 11:48 PM
Wow, Gunny didn't say anything about the nasty Biology Experiment on the tiles?

Petz
08-07-08, 01:09 AM
hahaaha, bleach does wonders on that stuff.

Achped
08-07-08, 02:06 AM
Speaking of that! Scrubbing bubbles is the best #%#@ ever! I just soak the entire head down in that stuff, I dont even wash it off, and it totally gets rid of all the soap scum and everything.

That biology experiment is actually water, I had just taken a shower when I thought Id take a picture

Petz
08-07-08, 02:08 AM
.... you're shower water is black?! you need help son.

Achped
08-07-08, 02:17 AM
It must be the lighting, seriously I like to goof off but I cant stand to live like a nasty pig. Trash is taken out daily, laundry is always done, floor is always swept and mopped. Rooms always dusted, fridge and microwave are always clean. I'll be the first one to joke around about something but I take pride in the way my living conditions are.

The scrubbing bubbles stuff really does work though for those who want to check it out. Just lather the entire head down with that stuff, close the door, and go out for the night (or go to sleep). Wake up and its like a sparkling room. You'd think the grit would dry and leave streaks but it doesnt. Its incredible.

jarheadlady
08-07-08, 07:43 AM
Skin so soft works wonders on soap scum on tiles. I like the shower curtain. Go buy a fish one now.. maybe he'll like it better.

thewookie
08-07-08, 10:41 AM

That is some funny shiat.

We used to mess with the company Gunny(s) with odd shiat like that, I remeber the time we put a huge can of vasoline in the head near the shiatter with a big ole stack of playboys next to it.

We also rigged the fridge once with this talking doll thing that somebody bought out in town, so as soon as he opened the fridge door we had it rigged so it would yell out "howdy partner."

One time in Oki we built a Christmas tree out of empties, it was as tall as the ceiling, just the base was made from like 2 cases of empties glued together to form a circle. The company Gunny came in on Friday morning and found it.... we paid big time for that one....

jinelson
08-07-08, 11:10 AM
Its a good thing that tonight is field day. Get that mold/mildew or whatever squared away on this time honored night.

Jim

Petz
08-07-08, 12:37 PM
there are no more field days in the Marine Corps.... you can't play games with them anymore.... it's horrible

they can even customize their rooms now too! no more uniformity.

I have seen a female put two racks together and sleep on a "queen size" bed.

Chumley
08-07-08, 12:51 PM
there are no more field days in the Marine Corps.... you can't play games with them anymore.... it's horrible

WHAT??? Who's running this show anyways??? IS this really true?

OK I'll bite the bullet on no more E-Clubs, and also that you don't spit shine your desert boots, BUT...........................

HOW can there be no field days? WhatTF???? :scared:

Petz
08-07-08, 12:57 PM
there are E-clubs....

they think we belittle the Marines by forcing them to clean their rooms... though it doesn't protect the nasties who live in a sty... just the ones who keep it clean.

If they pass a bi-weekly inspection they don't get checked out the next week... though I remember while reading the order that there is a little loop-hole in it... I'll have to re-read it if I can find it.

I think it has something to do with the clean rooms are ignored, but you can make sure they do general clean up... if the room is a mess you make them field day... so you check the day before and tell those with messed up rooms they will field day... then I'd also do random checks as well... rooms will have the curtuns open so I can easily walk through... I'm not going to let this stop me... and even thought they can customize their rooms doesn't mean I can't call something a 'safety hazard' and make them change it.... or improper use of furniture i.e. pushing the beds together or a set of drawers on top of two secerataries.... I'm evil like that.

Chumley
08-07-08, 01:01 PM
Somebody wake me up.

( it's just a bad dream, its just a bad dream its just a bad dream )

Hows about a little reveille? They still do raise the Colors right?

usmchauer
08-07-08, 01:02 PM
No more field days? That's impossible. As far as customizing your barracks, it was allowed to put a poster on the wall, or put a rug on the floor. But guys weren't buying sleep number beds and putting up Tiffany lamps if their rooms.

maverickmarine
08-07-08, 01:10 PM
Holy chit, no more field days?? That's insane! Those were some good memories..not the cleaning part but when I was a non-nco it was clean the barracks then get your drink on then when I picked up Cpl and beyond it was walk through and inspect, of course finding nasty dust bunnies in all the places they never thought I would check then get my drink on. LOL.

Achped
08-07-08, 02:01 PM
Its true, we have field day, but no formations. Its really information. Just NCOs walk around and make sure your stuffs good to go. Its at unit discretion and its usually Monday nights.

Of course the "CO and Sgt Major" seem to be "walking through the barracks" alot...so thats when we have to clean. (Personally if I was a SgtMaj I'd have better things to do, but I guess he just likes walking through the barracks every Tuesday???)

My "friend" (Yeah...call her a friend, whatever) still has hardcore field day formations and everything, but she's in Oki.

maverickmarine
08-07-08, 02:21 PM
Ours was always Thursday nights and then the Batt. CO and Sgt. Maj. would walk through on Fridays. That was always the big threat, if you fail inspection no weekend liberty and all that chit. I would always do a last minute walk through before they did and found many a Marines freakin women trying to hide in the shower or under the rack. What kind of ignorant chit is that?

Achped
08-07-08, 02:30 PM
Ohhhh, we just put ours inside the coffin in the rack, even if the duty's banging on the door you can lift up the mattress, throw her in there, and tuck the sheets in real quick.

She won't wanna talk to you ever again after that, but hey at least you dont get busted right?

thewookie
08-07-08, 02:33 PM
Ours was always Thursday nights and then the Batt. CO and Sgt. Maj. would walk through on Fridays. That was always the big threat, if you fail inspection no weekend liberty and all that chit. I would always do a last minute walk through before they did and found many a Marines freakin women trying to hide in the shower or under the rack. What kind of ignorant chit is that?

So true...

There was a SNCO from 1/3 over in Oki that was shagging some young LT in the Staff NCO barracks one day, and unnannounced, the Bn Co and SgtMajor came through on Friday AM....

He lost the rocker...

Not sure what happened to her, but it was the talk of the base for a while.....

maverickmarine
08-07-08, 02:36 PM
Holy chit! I couldn't imagine what would've have happened had they actually walked in on someone like that but I'm guessing it would be about like you said after they recovered from their stroke. LOL.

jarheadlady
08-07-08, 02:51 PM
I know my son has field day every Tuesday.. he still *****es about it after 3 years LMAO

thewookie
08-07-08, 02:55 PM
If they pass a bi-weekly inspection they don't get checked out the next week... though I remember while reading the order that there is a little loop-hole in it... called being in the grunts

WTF is this?

Were you in the wing or something, or is this new no field day thing a wing thing? I can't see this being true all over.... field days are a proud USMC tradition. A proud tradition of bull shiat, but it serves a purpose.

Achped
08-07-08, 03:20 PM
The wookie, where were H&S's barracks when you were on K-bay?

2ndCEBSupply
08-07-08, 03:22 PM
I dont know where everyone is getting this whole Marine Corps dosent field day stuff from i remember our whole battalion being chewed out for a whole week field daying monday through friday for the littlest IP on the bed.

2ndCEBSupply
08-07-08, 03:27 PM
We also had a dumb a$$ get caught Tuesday morning beating off while the the entire Battalion command was walking through the rooms.........by entire i mean BN CO BN SGTMAJ company gunny and so on...........i cant make sh#t up this good. LOL i dont think anyone can top that.

bgsuwoody
08-07-08, 08:29 PM
Its pretty much true. We just stopped doing them because too many "hazing" events spurred from them. However, there are ways around it and there ARE "field days" lol

bucksgted
08-07-08, 08:49 PM
It was true when I was on AD; it was true in my Corporate world; it's true no matter what the indever - - you can expect what you inspect!! Rifles, rooms, reports, uniforms - - it doesn't matter. That little trueism will last forever!

thewookie
08-07-08, 08:57 PM
The wookie, where were H&S's barracks when you were on K-bay?

For 1/3 - they were next to the PX, on the right hand side, near the O-Course and the back gate.

Do they still have that Korean food place right outside the back gate in Kailua? Man, that place was awesome. The lemon chicken dish, with rice and that salad they made with the cabbage,,,oh my.

Wyoming
08-07-08, 10:25 PM
Achped, are you sure it is mold? Did you check to see if it was sticky?

Petz
08-08-08, 12:22 AM
WTF is this?

Were you in the wing or something, or is this new no field day thing a wing thing? I can't see this being true all over.... field days are a proud USMC tradition. A proud tradition of bull shiat, but it serves a purpose.

yeah I'm sure it's a MCO... does everyone follow it? no....

I'll look it up just for you if you want me to.

Achped
08-08-08, 01:14 PM
Ssgt, I believe it may be a base order, at least it is here. There may be a MCO too.

Petz
08-08-08, 01:22 PM
a MCO is a.... well to put it into perspective, a guideline to follow... from there (going down) it is modified/tailored for the commanders intent and handed down where it is "tailored" further... it goes all the way down to the Fire Team leader.... yes they can make you clean your nasty little rooms because you didn't take out the trash.

So, if everybody understands what a MCO is, then you can understand why soooo many units/bases do things differently. The Marine Corps is about small unit leadership, not forced discipline.

Just remember that the next time your buddy says he doesn't have to field day ,while his unit is in another area on pendleton, while you're re-cleaning your room on a saturday because it failed. Commanders descreation(<--spelling?) is a *****.

NeverQuit
08-08-08, 03:47 PM
I'm with 1/5 we field day every Thursday, basically has to be white glove ready for the Company CO company 1st Sgt and Co Gunny. I you fail lets just say your screwed.

Quinbo
08-08-08, 05:17 PM
I'm with 1/5 we field day every Thursday, basically has to be white glove ready for the Company CO company 1st Sgt and Co Gunny. I you fail lets just say your screwed.

If your room fails you got problems. The folks getting screwed are your squad leader, guide, platoon sergeant and platoon commander. Bohica

SgtThrasher
08-08-08, 10:12 PM
Skin so soft works wonders on soap scum on tiles. I like the shower curtain. Go buy a fish one now.. maybe he'll like it better.

Hey Gunny,Skin-so-soft works well as a bug repellent too.:)

SlingerDun
08-08-08, 10:17 PM
You can throw a shower curtain in a washing machine, ya know? I do it like 4 or 5 times a year

SlingerDun
08-08-08, 10:32 PM

they think we belittle the Marines by forcing them to clean their rooms...Remember the scrub brushes and wisk used for washing foul recruit clothing on Sunday? That was the casual upright application for those tools. In the fleet i do recall spending more time with that same style of brush down on my all fours scrubbing the deck with a pine-oil-lye concoction that would peel the hide off a bull Elk

darkgreen0311
08-08-08, 10:43 PM
The worst thing about field day in the fleet especially grunts is you never know when you're going to have one. You think you're going into to town to meet up with a honey or you and the fella's have plans, and they hit you with a field day. Those were great days now that i look back on it.

:marine:Semper FI 4 Life

SlingerDun
08-08-08, 10:50 PM
.... You think you're going into to town to meet up with a honey or you and the fella's have plans, and they hit you with a field day. Those were great days now that i look back on it....hehe you alright???

darkgreen0311
08-08-08, 11:12 PM
Hey, what's going on Slinger. You know what i'm talking about bro. Field days have messed up may a Marines nightly plans.

:marine:Semper FI 4 Life!!!

jarheadlady
08-09-08, 06:25 AM
Lets not forget when you become an NCO and if you are still living in the barracks if a non rate on your floor or from your shop/squad fails field day, your as* is in a sling too! Its the NCOs job to make sure that everyone is ready for inspection, not just themselves. Had to let my own son learn this the hard way! LOL

HurricaneRJ
08-09-08, 08:12 AM
We field day at least twice a week here in 1/8 A co.

The CO won't inspect the rooms but my PltCmdr or PltSgt will, but everymorning from 0600 - 2200 are curtains are open and are blinds are at half-mast. If they see the racks not made, or the trash not taken out from outside the window, then stand-the-****-by. I live with two clean fanactics. The field day the room everyday, they spend more money on Pine-sol than gas.

Another good things about random field days are, if you got liquor or beer in the fridge that needs to disappear, you got a legitmae excuse to drink,

Gary Hall
08-09-08, 09:56 AM

Until this topic came along I tended to feel sorry for my self for living alone without any beautiful, rich female supporter. After 15 years of solitude, I learned how to run a pristine shower stall: About ever 4 months, run the curtin through the washing machine (hangers & all) and rehang it, wet or dry. Hang it outside on the clothes line if you tend to be picky. Just spray nearly anything on the walls and by next shower time (3-4 days) everything will pass a DI's inspection. True story, I've had the same curtin for 15 years, and my bathroom smells like roses. Gung Ho, Gary Hall.

SlingerDun
08-09-08, 05:14 PM
We field day at least twice a week here in 1/8 A coGood to hear RJ.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

I didn't give 2 scats for field days but never felt belittled scrubbing the sh*tter and shower decks. A berthing or room-mate could have field dressed a skunk on his rack and i wouldn't have cared much as long as he aerated and policed up the offal.

Buck up young Marines indignant towards cleanliness, you may hold jobs one day requiring much more meticulous sanitation measures that make field days seem skate.

Besides most of the educated public knows the reputation Marines hold for making things shine. :usmc:

Marine84
08-09-08, 09:18 PM
Matthew - you are one retarded dude! The penguins look just like your goofy a$$ - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

jetdoc
08-09-08, 09:37 PM
I never could understand why grunts even had field days, what do you do, sweep up the dirt floor and shake out the tent, ahaha.

Achped
08-10-08, 09:01 PM
Matthew - you are one retarded dude! The penguins look just like your goofy a$$ - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The girls thought it was cute!!

Or at least one girl did...:cool:

Petz
08-10-08, 09:19 PM
she wasn't laughing at the shower curtain kid.... hahahahahaha.

Petz
08-10-08, 09:21 PM
Remember the scrub brushes and wisk used for washing foul recruit clothing on Sunday? That was the casual upright application for those tools. In the fleet i do recall spending more time with that same style of brush down on my all fours scrubbing the deck with a pine-oil-lye concoction that would peel the hide off a bull Elk

that might be why the tiled floors are so porous and grab sooo much dirt and grime!!!

thanks!!!! hahahaha.:bunny:

Jdncowboy
08-10-08, 09:46 PM
Yeah I dunno about this whole no more field days thing. We have Field day every Thursday night once we leave then shop. 1800 Field day formation every Thursday night. And we clean till it Sparkles.

Achped
08-10-08, 11:31 PM
Are you in school at 29 palms? I field dayed like a mother when I was at school, then gunny would come through and find unsecured coffins or one time...my neighbor....he found an open bag of sunflower seeds......whoooopss... lol

But honestly, no formations here, just ncos come through and make sure its presentable. No finger fiddling anything, occasionally yeah, but not every thursday night. (and its monday here whenever we do have it)

Jdncowboy
08-10-08, 11:36 PM
Nope Not in school. 3rd CEB.

Petz
08-11-08, 06:24 AM
it's breaking down to what the unit wants.

it is a MCO... but units can modify it, BUT they have to follow the MCO when the commandant is on deck. so enjoy the fact your unit allows you to field day!! it's gonna create character and self discipline.

BR34
08-11-08, 05:15 PM
There's actually, surprisingly field day here in KC, MO every Wed night, including formations...and there's only appx. 70 AD Marines and 250 total Marines stationed here! (probably 150 or so in the barracks)

Achped
08-11-08, 05:44 PM
34, you know a PFC Martinez?

BR34
08-11-08, 05:59 PM
Negative. There's only 4 PFCs in the entire command, none named Martinez.

Achped
08-11-08, 09:12 PM
Im retarded, I confused where you were with Ft. Lost in the Woods

Petz
08-11-08, 09:18 PM
turd nuget... get with the program...

now if only I can find the vendor......

ecfree
08-11-08, 09:22 PM
Negative. There's only 4 PFCs in the entire command, none named Martinez.

PFC's a dieing bread....:(

Petz
08-11-08, 09:25 PM
no not really.... there will always be PFCs... just if everyone stays out of trouble, and no-one joins anymore... well they will have junior ranks at LCpl only... it's a given rank!!!!

so at that point you'd look at seniority and military competence.