PDA

View Full Version : Question.

ShawnC
08-06-08, 11:00 AM
I have acquired some warts right behind my fingernails on a few of my fingers. It is most definately from either the weight room or just from football, if not both. I am supposed to ship on Monday and I am treating them as we speak with multiple liquid nitrogen treatments. In the event they are not gone before I ship for boot, what is the protocol for somebody entering recruit training with common warts?Any info would be appreciated.

Chumley
08-06-08, 11:20 AM
I have acquired some warts right behind my fingernails on a few of my fingers. It is most definately from either the weight room or just from football, if not both. I am supposed to ship on Monday and I am treating them as we speak with multiple liquid nitrogen treatments. In the event they are not gone before I ship for boot, what is the protocol for somebody entering recruit training with common warts?Any info would be appreciated.

If they are open oozing sores, you may have an issue. If they are starting to heal, probably no problem.

FYI -I doubt you "caught" them - they are not so contagious as you seem to think. Not "common" warts anyways...maybe Herpes warts....where you been sticking them girls??? :confused: In any event, if they are bad enough, show your recruiter. If they are healing, I wouldn't worry too much. You'll earn some new scabs starting Monday.

Petz
08-06-08, 11:28 AM
either way, good luck!!! see you on the other side.

ShawnC
08-06-08, 11:37 AM
If they are open oozing sores, you may have an issue. If they are starting to heal, probably no problem.

FYI -I doubt you "caught" them - they are not so contagious as you seem to think. Not "common" warts anyways...maybe Herpes warts....where you been sticking them girls??? :confused: In any event, if they are bad enough, show your recruiter. If they are healing, I wouldn't worry too much. You'll earn some new scabs starting Monday.

Oh well I went to a dermatologist and thats where she said I got them haha. They aren't oozing or anything. If they are already in the process of healing will they allow me to treat them somehow while at boot?

ShawnC
08-06-08, 11:38 AM
either way, good luck!!! see you on the other side.

Thank you SSgt.. Stay safe!

Petz
08-06-08, 11:39 AM
your Corpsman will do it if necessary... I would suggest you don't be too concerned about it.. they won't hold you up for it... they'll just take you there just before you drill or on Sundays during/after/before church services.

ShawnC
08-06-08, 11:43 AM
your Corpsman will do it if necessary... I would suggest you don't be too concerned about it.. they won't hold you up for it... they'll just take you there just before you drill or on Sundays during/after/before church services.

Ok great! I was worried that something as ridiculous as warts would prolong me from starting training or something. But thank you very much for the insight.

Petz
08-06-08, 11:45 AM
just so you know, I knew a recruit in my platoon that had cluster warts and he kept training... they just took him to get nitrogen shots ocasionally... and he recruit taped it up because the DIs thought it was contagious.

ShawnC
08-06-08, 11:54 AM
just so you know, I knew a recruit in my platoon that had cluster warts and he kept training... they just took him to get nitrogen shots ocasionally... and he recruit taped it up because the DIs thought it was contagious.

im doing that now but i do it with duct tape. the dermatologist said that duct tape suffocates them and helps to kill them quicker. apparently it is also believed that there is something in the adhesive of duct tape that helps to kill them as well? anyway the tape thing would also just help to kill them quicker haha

Petz
08-06-08, 12:05 PM
I did that for weeks in Iraq and it didn't work... use doctor schoals wart remover... it's in a blue hard case sold where you can find Dr schoals products... in the foot isle I would suspect too... that works for me when I get one.

ShawnC
08-06-08, 12:20 PM
I'm using Dr Schoals freeze away right now. I just picked it up today so I'm hoping I get good and quick results.
I did that for weeks in Iraq and it didn't work... use doctor schoals wart remover... it's in a blue hard case sold where you can find Dr schoals products... in the foot isle I would suspect too... that works for me when I get one.

Petz
08-06-08, 12:27 PM
it has for me. don't be afraid to use it a few times in one sitting, just don't over freeze your good skin.

ShawnC
08-06-08, 01:00 PM
ok. Thank you very much.

sshrader
08-07-08, 05:03 PM
I use to have a wart a long time ago on my right hand. I remember my dad dipping the frozen stuff from the fridge on it. I use to have a little one on my elbow, used the finger nail clippers enough that it hasnt grown back and thats been 8 or so months ago. Also my cousin used duct tape after awhile it did kill them.

Bonzack
08-07-08, 06:55 PM
I had one on the side of my heel when I was about 13. It was a planters wart so it had a tail. I kept picking at it. I went to the doctors occasionally to get the freezy stuff..but I ended up..just..kinda..carving it out with a knife one day. Let's just say the doctor wasnt very pleased with me.

It was cool looking when it came out though.

sshrader
08-07-08, 07:08 PM
Yeah Bonzack i know what you mean, i had one for almost 2 years in football, I went to the Doctor about 5 times to have it froze, after the 5th time of it not working. I got the knife out and cut it almost out then got a screw driver got a cigarette lighter got it nice and red and stuck it in the hole lol talk about painful but it killed it.

rockkornfan
08-07-08, 07:21 PM
The only reason I think you would have to worry, is if the warts were on your feet. Then that could cause an issue because they can travel from the floors while taking a shower to other recruits. But since that isn't the issue, you should be fine. Good luck in RT!

davblay
08-07-08, 08:04 PM
The only reason I think you would have to worry, is if the warts were on your feet. Then that could cause an issue because they can travel from the floors while taking a shower to other recruits. But since that isn't the issue, you should be fine. Good luck in RT!

I have noticed that this term is used a lot by some of the new poolees. RT, I assume, is Recruit training, right? Around here, and all over the Corps, it's BOOT CAMP! Just out of curiosity, do you use that term around your recruiter? Just asking!

Dave

Petz
08-08-08, 12:24 AM
Dave I have heard it called recruit training many times.... while in Boot Camp.... but that was really the last time I heard it... maybe in MCT once....

ShawnC
08-08-08, 10:11 AM

ok sweet. good to know! thank you very much.

Quinbo
08-08-08, 05:57 PM
I had warts on my hands and feet in boot camp and it never had any effect as far as training goes, nor was I held back or anything else because of them.

FYI recruits never go anywhere at any time bare footed. That includes the shower. Korny fan you are spreading mis-information.

My warts were treated in the fleet properly and were gone in a few months.

DOC WEB
08-08-08, 07:14 PM
and he recruit taped it up because the DIs thought it was contagious.

i walk into my shop and hear that there is a herpes outbreak.........after i got into everyones azz about what the hell was going on and personal hygeine. i found out "one marine" might have something going on down stairs, and "a couple other marines have cold sores".
ya the one marine didnt have anything

"uhhhhh doc....the Sgt said i might have cancer"
"........wait what the f**k did you just say; no you dont have cancer azzhole"!