PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this Marines

Sam331
08-05-08, 09:07 PM
Well I just went through a crap load of pages searching for this answer, reading dozens of post but couldn't find an answer. I've mentioned before about my academic standings. I have a GED and finally completed my 15 college credits. I was under the impression for months that with 15 college credits I'd be considered a Tier I and would be able to get PFC before shipping. Well I talked to my recruiter today and he said since I have my GED with 15 college credits I can only be considered a Tier I, that If I wanted PFC I'd have to have a High School diploma. I just wanted to verify if this is correct. I have no problem leaving as a Pvt. but if I can make extra money while at boot I would'nt mind that at all :) So if anyone has any information on this can you please either direct me to where I can find my answer or provide one from personal knowledge. Thank you :)

DGardner
08-05-08, 09:12 PM
well.... your recruiter told you that... They know what they are talking about... it's their job. Who would have better and more up to date info than a recruiter? No one I can think of... and why isn't this in Ask A Marine if it's geared toward Marines?

davblay
08-05-08, 09:12 PM
Sam......I have to ask......how did you get in when you went before? Did you get in on that small percentage of GEDs they accept each year? Just Curious.

If your recruiter told you that, then that's the way it is! Just get two guys to join if you want to go in as a PFC!

Sam331
08-05-08, 09:29 PM
Sam......I have to ask......how did you get in when you went before? Did you get in on that small percentage of GEDs they accept each year? Just Curious.

If your recruiter told you that, then that's the way it is! Just get two guys to join if you want to go in as a PFC!

Yeah my recruiter was able to get my in as one of the small percentages with GED's. After my incident, he straight up told me he wouldn't take me back unless I got 15 college credits. Boy am I glad he said that. It motivated me more to get that done, and in a few hours will be DEPing in. Supposed to ship this Tuesday. Well I know the recruiter knows a lot, I just like to verify everything haha. Just wanted that cleared up because I was looking forward to PFC lol. We'll I'll just have to show the DI's I can handle the responsibility during boot.

Also the reason why I didn't post this in Ask a Marine well, I'm slow hahaha. I'm comfortable with the poolee forum, and figured this would be the place for Marines and Poolees to answer my question, since poolees nowadays seem to know a lot lol. I directed it to Marines because I figured they have more knowledge, but poolees may have personal knowledge on it too.

slimmy07
08-06-08, 01:33 PM
I am a former recruiter, and your recruiter is correct. Having the 15 credits make you a tier one, but it doesnt give you a PFC. Think of those 15 credits as a H.S. diploma, would a HS diploma give you pfc? no, but its a tier one.

Sam331
08-06-08, 10:16 PM
I am a former recruiter, and your recruiter is correct. Having the 15 credits make you a tier one, but it doesnt give you a PFC. Think of those 15 credits as a H.S. diploma, would a HS diploma give you pfc? no, but its a tier one.

Ah thank you Sgt for that.

JordanB
08-06-08, 11:53 PM
yo man get the highschool diploma, not only will it help you out later in life but going to the fleet as a private sucks balls.

Petz
08-07-08, 01:02 AM
Shut-up LCpl.

You have to start somewhere and some need extra experience than others.

I would say you wouldn't get PFC 'cause the waiver... like it was said before, go get two guys before you dep and get it that way!! you got plenty of time.

Achped
08-07-08, 02:09 AM
Jordan, are you currently in Iraq? My best friend is in Charlie Co. 2nd LAR.

jarheadlady
08-07-08, 07:34 AM
Lcpl, STFU. As you were told by the Staff Sgt. Read his words and heed them. Dumbas*

awbrown1462
08-07-08, 09:02 AM
once you could go to your School Board and have your GED changed to a High School Diploma don't know if you can still do it or if your Board will even do it