PDA

View Full Version : Velcro? Or Not?

RickyV
08-04-08, 09:40 PM
Hey I got good question. Do Marines have to sow on their rank patches or have the Marines adopted the velcro patches that the ARMY uses. Ive seen my recruters but never play too close attention. Thanks.

ecfree
08-04-08, 09:46 PM
NO VELCRO NO NO
SEWN ON ONLY....:evilgrin:

RickyV
08-04-08, 09:52 PM
Yes. I was hoping its was sewn. Marines Dont do anything the easy way

Big Jim
08-04-08, 09:56 PM
Yes. I was hoping its was sewn. Marines Dont do anything the easy way

CHECK THE ARMY OR AIR FORCE FOR THAT, SON...NOT IN MY MARINE CORPS...AND...THE EASY WAY? HOW ABOUT THE RIGHT WAY...THAT'S HOW YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT...BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY IT IS...!!!

Danman
08-05-08, 03:52 PM
What you may think some Marines put velcro on there sholder pockets so when you look threw NVG's you stand out... also on some Delta Co. and MARSOC teams they will use velcro name tapes.. but thats on a limited basis

BR34
08-05-08, 06:23 PM
I think the Army only does that on their cammies. Our chevrons are pinned on.

CplKJSpevak
08-05-08, 07:52 PM
I saw an Army Sgt. at the Marine Corps reserve center (His son's a Young Marine) and his cammies had that nasty velcro on it....He saw me looking and said "Yeah,Yeah it's Velcro!".........!I still can't used to the digital cammies!!

Marine84
08-05-08, 08:29 PM
Digital cammies? :confused:

And velcro on a uniform is just tacky. Bleh!

Nate catlett
08-05-08, 08:53 PM
The Army's cammies just look sloppy. I hate the "universal" color and velcro all over them.

bgsuwoody
08-05-08, 08:54 PM
Dont forget the zipper!

Marine84
08-05-08, 09:12 PM
Dont forget the zipper! Zip, snap, drop.....................easy access baby!

JoeSzynal
08-06-08, 10:53 AM
Things are changing however, at least for deployment wear.

For the first half of my last deployment we were all issued and required to wear flight suits. It had to do with the fire-retardant properties which were supposed to prevent death by burns after an IED blast. These flight suits had the velcro on the left breast where we put our custom name/rank/unit patch.

About halfway through, we transitioned to the FROG suits which have similar cammie bottoms but the high-speed light top. It's like under-armor material, desert brown with cammie pattern sleeves. These tops also had the velcro on the sleeves where you put the same custom patch. They were also fire-retardant.

Petz
08-06-08, 11:38 AM
it's just not tactical!!! that's why our shoulder pockets are buttons and the chest are velcro... you can't use the chest pockets with a flak on can you? but you can make lots of velcro sounds with should pockets and insignia on the army's new cammies.... and they don't even put those on straight!!! how un-sat! Turds.

BR34
08-06-08, 04:49 PM
The Army's cammies just look sloppy. I hate the "universal" color and velcro all over them.

Ermummm...you active duty?

Petz
08-07-08, 12:38 AM
no he's not... but I got his back... this is the poolee forum.

Achped
08-07-08, 02:14 AM
Since we're on the subject of uniforms...

I've seen airforce and army chicks in their cammies....it just ain't it. They may have even looked better but those adorable little buns with those desert cammie covers on and...mmm...might have to swing by the Air Wing side of base later and introduce myself to a couple more.

BR34
08-07-08, 06:19 AM
no he's not... but I got his back... this is the poolee forum.

I don't follow, SSgt. So that means he's an active duty poolee?

Travbabble
08-07-08, 07:19 AM
My buddy in the army says the velcro rank is a pain in the ass, he's always loosing it!

Petz
08-07-08, 07:27 AM
you're asking if he's active duty..... he's a poolee, isn't he?!

so I think you want to ask if he's going active.

jarheadlady
08-07-08, 07:31 AM
I think maybe he was asking if the kid is active duty because he said that Army cammies are sloppy looking.

I dont know, as much as I hate the army cammies I stopped talking shi* about them because at least those kids are enlisting in something and not sitting on their fat as*es at home playing PS3.

CplKJSpevak
08-07-08, 12:11 PM
because at least those kids are enlisting in something and not sitting on their fat as*es at home playing PS3.

TESTIFY GUNNY!!:cool:

Petz
08-07-08, 12:31 PM
they think they are IN the PS3 guns.... that's what the army comercials say!!! god, can't believe you missed that one.

BR34
08-07-08, 01:44 PM
Hmm, I was actually talking about the little picture in his sig that say's he is active duty. But the Gunny makes a good point too.