PDA

View Full Version : Houston SE Texas area

jarheadlady
08-04-08, 03:47 PM
Marines,

If you are in the coastal area and will be affected by Euduard, and if you have no way of evacuating (if you chose to do so) please PM me and I will get to you and get you out. Also, I am in Montgomery County, so if any of you need any help, please PM me. Take Care!

SF
T

Wyoming
08-04-08, 05:08 PM
I forget which hurricane it was, that came through Houston, but I was in a hotel during the time. Forget the name, but they had black swans in the pond.

Anyhoo, the windows that were blown out of the downtown buildings were worse than the wind. I don't recall anyone getting hurt.

Back to the hotel, best damm Dirty Martinis in Houston.

jerryk
08-04-08, 05:17 PM
thanks ma,am for the offer but i live in liberty never left one yet in 29 yrs ,will stay but thanks anyway

ecfree
08-04-08, 07:15 PM
Hey Texas coast,y'all better battin down the hatches,hurrican Ed's coming through......:scared:

Marine84
08-04-08, 07:53 PM
J & Angel - ya'll be careful out there. Stay your rear ends at home or GET OUT OF TOWN if you have to. J - looks like you'll be in the middle of a beehive if you go near the place - LOL! I'm sure you can handle it my Ordie Brother.

USMC_1983-89
08-04-08, 09:06 PM
thanks ma,am for the offer but i live in liberty never left one yet in 29 yrs ,will stay but thanks anyway

Good luck and stay safe!

Gary Hall
08-04-08, 09:26 PM
Marines,either I never get the word or else there's been a lot of exaggerating going on. I hitch hiked into Conroe, TX Sunday, 3 August, to go to work on a drilling rig, arrived about 1600, it began raining sideways, got 2 inches rain in 5 mins. The rain & wind stopped & it's been hot (105) & dry since. I never know what's going on. Gung Ho, Gary Hall.

Gary Hall
08-04-08, 09:39 PM
...Slow thinker that I am. In trying to understand the weather reports in contrast to what I think I am experiencing hear in So. TX, perhaps one explanation is that President George Bush has been lying about the weather. What say you, Marines? Gung Ho, Gary Hall, What's going on here?

yellowwing
08-04-08, 09:48 PM
It looks like it will land just outside of Houston tomorrow after Dinner. Pretty much to the south of you.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT05/refresh/AL0508W_sm2+gif/002734W_sm.gif
The full report is updated ever few hours at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

jarheadlady
08-05-08, 06:55 AM
Gary, where in Conroe is the rig you are working on?

ecfree
08-05-08, 10:11 AM
Marines on the Texas coast,I'm glad to see you didn't get hit hard by that storm.
According to the Weather Channel,cnn,and FOX,you got enough rain and wind for what we here call a t'storm..:D
Thank God you didn't get a full force storm.

jarheadlady
08-05-08, 11:04 AM
Yup ... nothing going on at all! This is worse than Rita was though! LOL That one was a big joke!