PDA

View Full Version : Shipping out in 3 weeks! help!

Bnull
08-04-08, 03:35 PM
ok so my ship date for MCRD PI is august 25th. I need to lose 5 pounds which won't be a problem before i leave i can do that in a day or two but im concerned because i passed my IST but my scores were Run: 13:00 PU:3 and SU: 70 i'm worried about running the most what can i do in 3 weeks to increase my Endurance and Stamina?

beebe2141
08-04-08, 03:38 PM
In my opinion your run time sounds fine, but if it's endurance you want to work on, it's as simple as just running. The more you run the more your body gets used to it and enables you to run further without tiring. Someone else might no a trick or great workout for a speedy endurance boost but I would just try to run a set length or time, then increase it, and so on and so forth.

CplGiraffe
08-04-08, 03:42 PM
I have heard that sprints help a lot in shaving down run time. Also run up and down hills because it will help build the muscles in your legs.

SlaveToTheCorps
08-04-08, 03:45 PM
Click here-> Marines Training Guide – Do You Have What It Takes To Earn The Title (30 day workout) (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69166)

Hope that helps,
Vanessa-Rose

darkgreen0311
08-04-08, 03:53 PM
Start doing some wind sprints and jumping rope.

:marine: Semper FI 4 Life
Give me liberty or i'll get it myself!!!

xpaz
08-05-08, 03:57 AM
3 weeks isn't much time to do much of anything... but...

- 400 meter sprints (or whatever sprints you can manage)
- Deadlifts, Squats, olympic lifts (lifts that work the posterior chain)
- Intervals
- A few distance runs.

Ultimately, if 3 weeks is all you have, you'll probably have the best result with the sprints and heavy lifting, as opposed to the long distance. Don't overdo it though, you don't want to over train right before shipping, and you certainly don't want to sustain an injury.

Good luck.

Bnull
08-05-08, 12:54 PM
Thanks guys. I think i'll be abel to make it through just thinking about becoming a Marine gives me the motivation i need. I can't wait to be a part of the most Badass brotherhood in the world