PDA

View Full Version : Marine Humor

CBS
08-02-08, 12:23 PM
Gents: :evilgrin:

So there I was in Phu Bai in a permeter security position
on the northeast sector. Along with hundreds of other guys before the TET Offensive in 1968. Rumors abound and they were that week also....the 'Victor Charlies' had something planned but, somehow, no one knew when or where. Another rumor of the time was Bob Hope was in country and coming to Phu Bai...we all actually started making preparations for his appearance with additional security measures, people on duty...people shifting duty to see him. Wow, what a treat it was going to be..a hero from my Dads' WWII fame...Korea and now Vietnam. We were all exicted and very worried about Charlie in Ashau Valley and rockets they'd send for Bob. Well, sure enough the infamous 'they' cancelled his appearance due to security. I went to the Lieutant and asked why....? You know these guys are all fired about his arrival, the show, etc and now this, I said. The Lt. said "..it has been determined to be unsafe here".....my response still rings today.........
"..THEN,WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE ? " :cool:

MOST EVERYONE cracked up !! :D
SEMPER FI...........>Chuck

1Marine4Life
08-04-08, 07:45 AM
Gents: :evilgrin:

So there I was in Phu Bai in a permeter security position
on the northeast sector. Along with hundreds of other guys before the TET Offensive in 1968. Rumors abound and they were that week also....the 'Victor Charlies' had something planned but, somehow, no one knew when or where. Another rumor of the time was Bob Hope was in country and coming to Phu Bai...we all actually started making preparations for his appearance with additional security measures, people on duty...people shifting duty to see him. Wow, what a treat it was going to be..a hero from my Dads' WWII fame...Korea and now Vietnam. We were all exicted and very worried about Charlie in Ashau Valley and rockets they'd send for Bob. Well, sure enough the infamous 'they' cancelled his appearance due to security. I went to the Lieutant and asked why....? You know these guys are all fired about his arrival, the show, etc and now this, I said. The Lt. said "..it has been determined to be unsafe here".....my response still rings today.........
"..THEN,WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE ? " :cool:

MOST EVERYONE cracked up !! :D
SEMPER FI...........>Chuck

Good wake me up. I like it.