PDA

View Full Version : Another new Marine !!!!

Wardey
08-02-08, 09:26 AM
Charlie Crucible is done.....My son is now Pfc. Warden !!! A US Marine !!!!:flag: Dave

DAMNPROUD
08-02-08, 10:13 AM
outstanding dave!!!!next week this time you will be on your way home listening to bootcamp stories.very entertaining,beleive me.
keith

marinemom
08-02-08, 10:28 AM
Congrats and welcome to the family of Marine Parents!

Enjoy his boot leave - and be prepared for Yes Sir - No Sir - Yes Ma'am - No Ma'am - new manners - a fetish for cleaning and straightening, among others.

Simple hint for getting him out of bed if he is not up on time - Open the bedroom door - reach in and turn on the light - and stand back - He will be up, at attention and totally awake. Do course, if you are standing next to the bed - you may be on the floor, lol.

jarheadlady
08-02-08, 10:42 AM
Last time I checked you are not a Marine until you walk across that parade deck and your DI "dismisses" you insted of saying "fall out".

NowArmyMP
08-02-08, 11:09 AM
Last time I checked you are not a Marine until you walk across that parade deck and your DI "dismisses" you insted of saying "fall out".
congrats to the new devil dog.

ScottsMom
08-03-08, 04:54 PM
Congratulations!! Welcome to the Family!!

CplKJSpevak
08-03-08, 05:01 PM
Dave, Congratulations! Go put those storks on your front lawn that say "It's a Devil Dog!" :)

Osotogary
08-03-08, 08:03 PM
Congratulations, Papa Warden.
Just as your son will never forget this moment neither will you. Try to keep in touch with him during his time in the Marine Corps as often as you can. E-mails are great but a tangible object, like a package with homemade goodies etc., will do wonders but you already knew that. LOL Utilize the internet to keep track of your son's activities through official Marine Corps, Navy and Department of Defense websites. Once again, congratulations.
Thanks for the good news.
Gary

Osotogary
08-03-08, 08:38 PM
Ooops, sorry about the tying error Papa Wardey.

quillhill
08-08-08, 12:26 PM
So proud Papa Wardey is probably at Recruit Depot picking up his new Marine today, huh?

I've been reading his posts since his son left. I can't believe it.

Congrats, proud Papa and to your new Marine. Thank your son for his service from the bottom of my heart. He's doing what I can't. :)

jinelson
08-08-08, 12:48 PM
Good to see you Kris, your still the only journalist I trust. Shawn just got back from Washington D.C., just some exams at Bethesna then good chow and the Marine Corps Muesium with marinemom and GySgtRet. Ed and Pat ya'll are what this site is all about Marine's helping Marine's.

Jim

quillhill
08-08-08, 01:11 PM
That's high praise, Jim, thanks. :D

I follow all these devil pups heading out either if it's their posts in Poolee Hall or their parents' journey here in this section. Believe it or not, I read the site daily, but I've come to lurk. It reminds me about the good, about the things I believe in and support, personally and professionally.

Every day posts like Wardey's bring a smile to my face and I need at least one happy moment daily.

Can't wait to hear about the new Marine!

And I am glad Shawn got to travel back out to D.C. I sent him an e-mail recently to check up on him.

We're hoping to get out the the Richmond/D.C. area next spring.

OK, I don't want to hijack the thread, it belongs to the proud pop and his new Devil Dog. Woo!

sscjoe
08-08-08, 01:38 PM
"Simple hint for getting him out of bed if he is not up on time - Open the bedroom door - reach in and turn on the light - and stand back - He will be up, at attention and totally awake."

That's not bad MarineMom, but here is something to add that my Dad did to me. Wait a few days, because initially he'll be up before you, then at the same time you hit the lights throw in a metal garbage can. Next thing you know he will be locked at attention at the foot of his rack. Congrats Dad

proudashellmama
08-08-08, 02:33 PM
I got one too! PFC WEM! OOOOH RAH!

Isrowei
08-09-08, 12:14 AM

Recruits are officially recognized as Marines when they successfully return from the Crucible.

jarheadlady
08-09-08, 07:34 AM
When I was in boot camp (granted many moons ago) and my son, much more recently, they were still called recruits until family day morning. Perhaps things have changed drastically in the past 3 years on PI. I'll have to ask a DI friend of mine to straighten me out.

Wardey
08-09-08, 08:14 AM
It doesn't matter.....he is now a MARINE !!! I brought him home yesterday. The graduation was unbeleivable. Yes, I cried like a baby both days and can tear up just writing this. By the way, I don't cry. This is my son , my best friend. I have never been so proud of him. He wanted to go to Wing House last night for Wings, so we get out of the car and he stands to the side to hold the door for me and I say, "No son. You go first" as I held the door for him. My head was held up so high and my shoulders have never been so straight as we walked in. I'll type more later and get some pic's out to. Thank you all for the kind words and for the support of this long 13 weeks. But for the record, when they came out of the Crucible, they were handed their EGA's and were told they were Marines.Thank you, Dave

jarheadlady
08-09-08, 07:49 PM
Dave.. congrats and YES what you have there in your house is a US Marine!!! You did great dad.

To address my earlier post. I did email a friend who is on the island and I have copied and pasted his response;

Training week eleven is when the crucible is. Yes they are given EGA's at the end of the ceremony and but no one down here calls them Marine until they graduate. The last week on the depot they do stop the "sir" **** and start addressing us by our rank. At least in theory they do... in practice they still get beat down. Life is rolling along here though.

SGT7477
08-09-08, 08:07 PM
Congrats and Semper FI to another Marine, OOHRAH.

Isrowei
08-09-08, 08:55 PM
To address my earlier post. I did email a friend who is on the island and I have copied and pasted his response;

Training week eleven is when the crucible is. Yes they are given EGA's at the end of the ceremony and but no one down here calls them Marine until they graduate. The last week on the depot they do stop the "sir" **** and start addressing us by our rank. At least in theory they do... in practice they still get beat down. Life is rolling along here though.

I guess I don't work on PI and I've never been in the RTR?

That bolded line is an outright lie. I've seen Series Guns (and 1stSgts) snatch the belt off a DI who thought he would be slick at night during that last week. Which was nice.. because it saved me the trouble. The Marines earned their right to be addressed as Marine. And they damn well are called Marines their last week on the Island.

And beat down? What the hell is that?

I'll tell you what it is. It's DI bravado that won't stand 2 seconds of closer scrutiny because it's BS.

greensideout
08-09-08, 09:14 PM
Called a Marine?---not till graduation for us---1960.

Isrowei
08-09-08, 09:19 PM
GSO.. a few things have changed since 1960 :)

greensideout
08-09-08, 09:23 PM
LOL, I know.

jarheadlady
08-09-08, 09:26 PM
Well Lt. I will just have to agree to disagree with you Sir. I personally have never seen what you describe. But thats good to go, as you are ON the island and of course Marine DIs would never do anything without their series Lts permission. Its all SOP I assume. But I am glad that you are there and on top of the training situation and have things well under control. Semper Fi

Isrowei
08-09-08, 09:46 PM
Why yes ... Gunnery Sergeant. Marine DIs are always the pinnacle of professionalism and would never step outside of the orders governing recruit training. They always follow lawful orders and never get sat down or voided for stupidty and willfully disobeying orders. With their crisp tailored uniforms and immaculate smokies, they set the example that all Marines should strive to emulate.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's because of the wonderful SNCOs, of which many are Gunnery Sergeants, who lead the way in setting this perfect example, that our DIs continue to achieve this perfect standard. After all, our DIs ARE the best and most qualified Marines in the Marine Corps. Right...Gunnery Sergeant?

Oh, and Semper Fi.

jarheadlady
08-09-08, 10:43 PM
ROFL sure thing there Lt! You are absolutely right!!!! 150%!!!! Good thing there are officers on the island to keep up with all that! I'm just too old. Senile too!!

Isrowei
08-09-08, 10:51 PM
Excellent! Glad we see things peachy keen. :) But you know you're free to come down any time you want and check things out firsthand. We do have plenty of seniors groups come through. I could even put you in touch with the visits lady...? Maybe set something up?

Just let me know Gunnery Sergeant :) Toodles!

Wyoming
08-09-08, 11:07 PM
Excellent! Glad we see things peachy keen. :) But you know you're free to come down any time you want and check things out firsthand. We do have plenty of seniors groups come through. I could even put you in touch with the visits lady...? Maybe set something up?

Just let me know Gunnery Sergeant :) Toodles!

I'm making the popcorn now.:angel:

LT, the Gunny is, and has proven to be a fine Marine.
Gunny, dittos about the LT.

Now, LT, you are out of the office. Is the Bride about ready to domino?

jarheadlady
08-09-08, 11:22 PM
No thanks on the offer. Did my 20. Do I get to count the 18 as a Marine daughter? Or the past 3 as a Marines mom? Well, I've done my time. Been to PI enough. Enjoy your time on the island though... seems like you are!

Thanks for that reminder Al :)

Isrowei
08-09-08, 11:44 PM
Hmm, would you count time for anyone else being the daughter of a Marine? And I seem to recall what you had to say about another Marine Mother when you came back to this site not so long ago. I think you've set the standard by which you should judge. I'll leave it there.

Al, the wife is fine. Had some movie time tonight and about to turn in. Gotta pack for my trip tomorrow :)

quillhill
08-10-08, 01:05 PM
Soooo ... how's the new Marine, Wardey? :D

Wardey
08-10-08, 07:40 PM
He's doing great , thank you !!! It's going to fast. He only has 8 more days here. One of his buddys he graduated with just got home and got the call......you have 4 days,,,,,then to the sandbox. They are going to train him for his MOS and CMT over there. He say's he's ready to go to if he gets a call......I say I will go over there for him. I just can't find enough time to spend with him though. Thanks, Dave

quillhill
08-10-08, 11:28 PM
I'd love to see a pic of you with your new PFC, Wardey, if you're both cool with sharing. :)

I am excited for you both.

Wardey
08-11-08, 07:54 AM
I'd love to see a pic of you with your new PFC, Wardey, if you're both cool with sharing. :)

I am excited for you both.

You got it. I am very proud of him and will be more than glad to share pic's. I will add more later. Thank you, Dave

Wardey
08-11-08, 07:58 AM
Here's the new Marine !!! He's the one with the "Rifle Expert" pinned on him. I don't know how he got that? :D I told one of his DI's that he got that from me....he said, " Sir, he got some of it from us". :D Dave

Wardey
08-11-08, 08:24 AM
Here's on the Family Day ceromony. It's the first time I saw him since he left for BC. NO.....those aren't tears in my eye's.....I got a piece of dirt in them.:D Dave

Wardey
08-11-08, 08:27 AM
One more and then I have to get my Marine up and get him to my shop to do some work. No, he's not on vacation !!!! :D Actually while he was away at BC I did alot of work on his jeep and didn't get it finished in time so we are going to finish it together. Here we are with my daughter and his little sis. Dave

Wardey
08-11-08, 08:29 AM
Welcome home son, now let's get to work !!!:D Dave

Tracer4028
08-11-08, 09:49 AM
Dave...don't think that is proper garage work attire for your new Marine ;)

Fantastic pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them. Enjoy this amazing time with him. Congrats to you all!!

Just curious, was the work on the jeep a surprise for him??? If so, what a great gift!

proudashellmama
08-11-08, 09:54 AM
Awesome Dave! Thanks for sharing! You gave me a big smile this morning!

xoxxo

Terri

ScottsMom
08-11-08, 02:22 PM
Great pictures Dave! Would love to see more when you get the time. Enjoy the time with PFC Wardey!! He looks sharp in that uniform....

quillhill
08-11-08, 02:23 PM
That's fantastic Wardey! I love the pics. Thanks for sharing. :D

I love to see proud parents. A young member of the military needs their parents' support more than you know.

If he ever gets deployed and his unit needs goodies, let me know, we've got a local church here that does mass care package mailings.

Wardey
08-12-08, 04:47 PM
Just curious, was the work on the jeep a surprise for him??? If so, what a great gift!

I cut the suspension off of it and installed a new Clayton 5.5" Long Arm Kit along with a new reara axle assembly and etc.. Dave

Wardey
08-12-08, 04:48 PM
If he ever gets deployed and his unit needs goodies, let me know, we've got a local church here that does mass care package mailings.

Will do. Thank you, Dave

Gator347
08-13-08, 01:22 PM
It's a great feeling. Great Job:thumbup:

:beer: to the "New Devil Dog"

:beer: to the Dad who raised a fine young man now US Marine.

marinemama
08-15-08, 01:24 PM
Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us. I can see your pride all the way over here! :o) Enjoy him while he is home, I hope the time slows down a bit for you.

Wardey
08-23-08, 10:27 AM
Wow, What a fast 10 Days !!! He's off at Lejeune for his CMT. He will not be coming back home as fast as he thought. It seems the weekends are not counted in the training days so he is off a few days. Hopefully he will be able to come home for Christmas but it is what it is and he knows that. He couldn't wait to get back. All he kept saying is how unorganized and rude the civilian world is. :D He has changed. He's a man now and is very serious about the world and people. He scared me at times when we would talk and the Marine kill kill kill came out, but it went away after a few days home. Anyhow, I am very proud of him and all the graduated Marines. Proud Papa Warden

SGT7477
08-23-08, 10:46 AM
Semper FI to another brother, OOHRAH.

Wardey
08-23-08, 11:15 AM
May I introduce, Pfc. Warden !!! Dave

Wardey
09-14-08, 09:17 AM
He sent me this pic via cell phone last night. He is the one on the bottom right. Should get a long call today. Dave

Tracer4028
09-14-08, 02:02 PM
Great pictures Dave. They look mean! Glad they're on our side! ;)

Seriously..I hope all is going well with his training. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to hearing about that call! :usmc:

yellowwing
09-14-08, 02:15 PM
He sent me this pic via cell phone last night. He is the one on the bottom right. Should get a long call today. Dave
Reminds me of Rules for a Gunfight: "Bring all of your friends who have guns" :D

Wardey
09-14-08, 02:33 PM
Reminds me of Rules for a Gunfight: "Bring all of your friends who have guns" :D
LOL Dave

marinemama
09-14-08, 02:58 PM
He looks amazing and very happy indeed!