PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate physical fitness goal

Draco771
08-01-08, 09:10 PM
1,000 Push-ups in 8 hours tops

1,000 Sit-ups in 8 hours tops and

8 consecutive miles (ran) in three hours max (if not sooner)

I've got my new goals to go for...

Over the course of this entire day, I've pushed in 767 push-ups... Can't physically do anymore, due to my shourlders buckling now... So I'll wait for them to heal up, (Sun, or Mon) and go for it again...

Ultimate physical fitness goal: (Over a three day period)
1,000 Push-ups in 8 hours tops - Day 1

1,000 Sit-ups in 8 hours tops - Day 2

8 consecutive miles (ran) in three hours max (if not sooner) - Day 3

These are my ultimate physical fitness goals...

What are yours?

DGardner
08-01-08, 09:41 PM
Mr Universe. :D

Draco771
08-01-08, 09:44 PM
Mr Universe. :D

LOL

Rangers in the 75th I bet can do this...

What're your PT goals?

You shouldn't care AT ALL about MEETING standards... You should be caring about EXCEEDING the standards....

Philipians 4:13- I can do anything in Him who strengthens me...

Good luck to you DGardner I hope you do well...

CH53MetalMan
08-02-08, 07:11 AM
Don't shoot for the moon or you'll burn out. Just do some P.T. every day or every other day. Vary your routine to help prevent burnout and injury.

When I was around 15 or 16 years old I thought that I could continually add 2.5 lbs to my max bench press every two weeks. Thank God I got off that kick before I got injured.

Draco771
08-02-08, 03:49 PM
Don't shoot for the moon or you'll burn out. Just do some P.T. every day or every other day. Vary your routine to help prevent burnout and injury.

When I was around 15 or 16 years old I thought that I could continually add 2.5 lbs to my max bench press every two weeks. Thank God I got off that kick before I got injured.

I add 5 pounds every week....

Done that for years, never been injured...

And it's muscle failure (as many as you physically can to the point your muscles fail) is the quickest way to build strength...

Learned this stuff from several Ranger buds of mine...

Breaking down my muscle groups, and doing this, will give each ample time to rest before going at it again...

Quickest way to bulk-up, and quickest way to lose fat, and quickest way to start maxing PT tests....

SlingerDun
08-02-08, 07:25 PM
I thought that I could continually add 2.5 lbs to my max bench press every two weeks. Thank God I got off that kick before I got injured.Yep sure nuff something will eventually scar or give out as one reaches the bodies physical limits
I add 5 pounds every week....Done that for years, never been injured...Your "years" are those of youthful resilience. A body, everybody's body will one day remember what was forced upon it...

I now have an arthritic neck that never bothered me a lick while i was a teenage grappler bridging with someone laying on my chest. Chronic middle and low back pain that didn't keep me from steadily increasing my work load of shoeing 6 or 8 horses a day up until a few years ago. The hips and knees from bearing excessive weight, well they're next...

JSam
08-02-08, 08:14 PM
It's not always about how much you lift, as much as it is how many times you can lift it.
I hardly ever add weight to my bench, I just constantly bench 135 as many times as I can. But that's just me.

Draco771
08-02-08, 10:13 PM
I'd rather push my limits prior to BCT, hopefully physically coast through (because I should be in REALLY good shape by that time...) and then maintain my units PT set ups....

Draco771
08-02-08, 10:14 PM
Yep sure nuff something will eventually scar or give out as one reaches the bodies physical limitsYour "years" are those of youthful resilience. A body, everybody's body will one day remember what was forced upon it...

I now have an arthritic neck that never bothered me a lick while i was a teenage grappler bridging with someone laying on my chest. Chronic middle and low back pain that didn't keep me from steadily increasing my work load of shoeing 6 or 8 horses a day up until a few years ago. The hips and knees from bearing excessive weight, well they're next...

Well, how built up is your body?

CplGiraffe
08-02-08, 11:08 PM
It's not always about how much you lift, as much as it is how many times you can lift it.
I hardly ever add weight to my bench, I just constantly bench 135 as many times as I can. But that's just me.

This type of working out is usually more for adding definition and maintaining muscle. To build muscle you want to do more weight and less reps.

JdnSmith
08-03-08, 12:15 AM
I'd rather push my limits prior to BCT, hopefully physically coast through (because I should be in REALLY good shape by that time...) and then maintain my units PT set ups....

What is BCT?

JSam
08-03-08, 12:25 AM
This type of working out is usually more for adding definition and maintaining muscle. To build muscle you want to do more weight and less reps.

Exactly. It all depends on your goals though.

Draco771
08-03-08, 01:01 AM
Exactly. It all depends on your goals though.

It creates MASSIVE strenght...

Are you guys all kidding me?

I RARELY do bench lifting...

Doing push-ups in excessive reps, etc....

People think I'm on steroids for my physical improvements... (300lbs+ I bench...)

People can build a heck of a LOT of muscle doing it... Hence how I've bulked up my arms so much... That's all push-ups mostly...

TSchultz
08-03-08, 07:16 PM
A man only needs to be so strong. I don't come across many occasions in life where I am required to lift a car or throw a 400 pound man.

Endurance is much more important than stregnth... at least to me it is. I am no Marine, so I am speaking with assumptions, but if I were fighting alongside a friend, I would much rather that he and I be able to run 10 miles than bench press 300 pounds.

Brings me to another point. 8 miles in 3 hours. Thats a little more than 3mph... basically a walk. My advice would be to start running more, whatever it is worth to you.

1000 pushups a day? Seems over the top and I wouldn't be suprised if you injure yourself that way.

Brewer0311
08-03-08, 09:30 PM
People think I'm on steroids for my physical improvements... (300lbs+ I bench...)

You weigh over 300 pounds... I would expect you to bench 300+. And no don't flatter yourself I've seen the pics you've posted and you don't look like your on roids.

My buddy that weighs 210lbs and benches 440lbs looks like he's on steroids.

Just give it up. Your not impressing anyone on this site with your garbage.

Draco771
08-03-08, 10:02 PM
A man only needs to be so strong. I don't come across many occasions in life where I am required to lift a car or throw a 400 pound man.

Endurance is much more important than stregnth... at least to me it is. I am no Marine, so I am speaking with assumptions, but if I were fighting alongside a friend, I would much rather that he and I be able to run 10 miles than bench press 300 pounds.

Brings me to another point. 8 miles in 3 hours. Thats a little more than 3mph... basically a walk. My advice would be to start running more, whatever it is worth to you.

1000 pushups a day? Seems over the top and I wouldn't be suprised if you injure yourself that way.

Not 1,000 push-ups every day... Just every three days is my goal...

Yes, I know 3 hours is too much for a 8 mile run... But personally, I just said 3 hours, because I want to get a prelim set up... Time will decrease based on how fast I clear the 8 miles... (shouldn't take anylonger then an hour and a half actually, but just putting up some slack temporarily)

And it's actually FOR endurance which is why I have it like that... (Push-ups are an endurance excersize... Same with Running, and sit-ups...)

Not getting smirky, (can't really make a tone when typing... But it's calm...)

Draco771
08-03-08, 10:03 PM
You weigh over 300 pounds... I would expect you to bench 300+. And no don't flatter yourself I've seen the pics you've posted and you don't look like your on roids.

My buddy that weighs 210lbs and benches 440lbs looks like he's on steroids.

Just give it up. Your not impressing anyone on this site with your garbage.

With respect Corporal, I'm not on here to impress anyone...

None of what I posted was to impress...

jfweeden
08-03-08, 10:16 PM
Listen man, no body here is impressed. I know you didn't start this thread to show off but it sure is coming off that way. I try not to say much on this website as we all have a hell of a lot more to learn than to say, but just quit talking like you are better than everyone else. Not trying to start anything here but you said that you rarely bench, but then you said that you've been adding 5lbs every week? That seems a little strange, but anyway, I would encourage you just to go for endurance, like the other Marines said, there are a few times in life when 300+ lbs are going to fall directly on you and you have to bench it. Whatever though man, do what you want.

-Im out-

Jake

Wyoming
08-03-08, 10:22 PM
With respect Corporal, I'm not on here to impress anyone...

None of what I posted was to impress...

I'm impressed. I'm easily impressionable.

Do you wanna be my friend?

I like little boys like you.

Little loser ****ing boys.

You and your games and toys.

From the pictures I have seen, you are a flabbly, no haired, little boy who's nuts haven't dropped.

You are argumentative and hide behind scriptures.

You turn words around to suit you and leave the rest alone.

You need to desist from further missives and move on. There are places for you where you would be happy. Methinks you are now sitting in the dark, nekkid, and getting off on this stuff.

You will never succeed on this site, much less as a Marine.

Go away loser. Go play with your little dick in the glow of your screen.

Bird Fisher
08-04-08, 12:24 AM
draco, i have to agree with Brewer 0311 and Bigalholmes. all your posts have been condescending towards the Marine Corps, and now you seem to try and impress people with your "ultimate fitness goal."

Here is my advice for you.

QUIT. you are not making friends with anyone on this website. You have an air of arrogance that people hate. Almost every post starts with "i apologize, BUT" of "no disrespect is meant". just because you say those things does not give you the right to say anything with no repercussions.

If you like the rangers so much, enlist in the Army and go to ranger school. if you dont want to do that, then quit talking about them.

This is a Devil Dog website. For retired/Family/Friend/and future Devil Dogs. So please, leave that banter about comparing the other branches to the Leathernecks, as we all know who would come out on top.

Finally, in all things military, pick up the pace. Running is everything. Its how they cull the wheat from the chaff (or in simpler terms, since you didn't know the phrase its all Greek to me, it separates the boys from the men) The slowest you should run is a ten min. mile. Thats 80 min or an hour and 20 min. Thats a perfectly good marathon pace, and work your way up from that. But dont jump right into it. you have to train. A High school cross country team will train for 5 months before they hit 8-10 miles.

If you don't listen to my advice, listen to the actual marines on this website. You are putting tremendous amounts of stress on you body, and it will come back to haunt you. And try a little bit of humility, it goes a long way in other peoples eyes.

Draco771
08-04-08, 12:30 AM
Bird Fisher, you're a little late...

And I'm aware of the run time... It's for prelim... I can walk 8 miles in less then two hours... It's all prelim, I'll work actual goal time when I do it this upcoming Camp...

Draco771
08-04-08, 12:55 AM
And also, to set some things straight:

1. Human body will shut down (human body safety mechanism) before it reaches epic amounts of stress...

2. There is no limit to how much punishment the human body can take... If you wish to use Marines for example... In the fight for Fallujah (he was a Corporal, but I can't remember his name) a Marine took a bullet wound to his shoulder, anyone else, and his shoulder would've been shot off... He fought through it... And saved the lives of the Marines around him...

3. There are hundreds of examples of the amount of physical punishment the human body can take... Just because your body is reaching failure, just because you feel like giving up, if you push through it, you'll exceed the limits you never even knew you had... It just depends how greatly you're willing to push yourself... Me? I find my limits through my faith...

It's not hiding behind a couple of verses... It's reality... I find my strength physically through my faith... Not going to preach religion, so I'll leave it at that...

But there is no limit to how much the human body is capable of...

Petz
08-04-08, 12:59 AM
draco, i have to agree with Brewer 0311 and Bigalholmes. all your posts have been condescending towards the Marine Corps, and now you seem to try and impress people with your "ultimate fitness goal."

QUIT. you are not making friends with anyone on this website. You have an air of arrogance that people hate. Almost every post starts with "i apologize, BUT" of "no disrespect is meant". just because you say those things does not give you the right to say anything with no repercussions.

If you like the rangers so much, enlist in the Army and go to ranger school. if you dont want to do that, then quit talking about them.

This is a Devil Dog website. For retired/Family/Friend/and future Devil Dogs. So please, leave that banter about comparing the other branches to the Leathernecks, as we all know who would come out on top.

Finally, in all things military, pick up the pace. Running is everything. Its how they cull the wheat from the chaff (or in simpler terms, since you didn't know the phrase its all Greek to me, it separates the boys from the men) The slowest you should run is a ten min. mile. Thats 80 min or an hour and 20 min. Thats a perfectly good marathon pace, and work your way up from that. But dont jump right into it. you have to train. A High school cross country team will train for 5 months before they hit 8-10 miles.

If you don't listen to my advice, listen to the actual marines on this website. You are putting tremendous amounts of stress on you body, and it will come back to haunt you. And try a little bit of humility, it goes a long way in other peoples eyes.

ricky bobby says it does... why can't you people understand that!!!!! hahahaahaa... ricky bobby, he's funny.

Petz
08-04-08, 01:00 AM
And also, to set some things straight:

1. Human body will shut down (human body safety mechanism) before it reaches epic amounts of stress...

2. There is no limit to how much punishment the human body can take... If you wish to use Marines for example... In the fight for Fallujah (he was a Corporal, but I can't remember his name) a Marine took a bullet wound to his shoulder, anyone else, and his shoulder would've been shot off... He fought through it... And saved the lives of the Marines around him...

3. There are hundreds of examples of the amount of physical punishment the human body can take... Just because your body is reaching failure, just because you feel like giving up, if you push through it, you'll exceed the limits you never even knew you had... It just depends how greatly you're willing to push yourself... Me? I find my limits through my faith...

It's not hiding behind a couple of verses... It's reality... I find my strength physically through my faith... Not going to preach religion, so I'll leave it at that...

But there is no limit to how much the human body is capable of...

you are doing it again... fight the urge to "set the record straight" you aren't because no-one is caring.

Draco771
08-04-08, 01:01 AM
you are doing it again... fight the urge to "set the record straight" you aren't because no-one is caring.

Thank you Staff Sergeant.

Matt Brzycki
08-04-08, 06:22 AM
[quote=Draco771;375952]I add 5 pounds every week....

Done that for years, never been injured...

If you add 5 pounds every week, that's 260 pounds in a year. If you've done that "for years," that amounts to 520 pounds in two years and 780 pounds in 3 years plus whatever weight it was that you started with.

Also, is this in the bench press? Reason I ask is that in a later post, you say that you "RARELY" (your caps, not mine) do any "bench lifting."

Please clarify. Thanks.

Matt Brzycki
Sergeat (1975-79)

dutch1291
08-04-08, 10:31 AM

Wow...you literally took the words right from my mouth. Thanks for putting it out in the open!

Bird Fisher
08-05-08, 12:32 AM
No prob Dutch.

Its the truth.

xpaz
08-05-08, 04:09 AM
If hypertrophy is the goal, then heavy lifting, low reps is the prescription. If you're looking to get better at push-ups, do push-ups. You will bulk up as much as your diet allows you to, whether you're doing push-ups or bench presses. You will bulk up faster with the right diet and significant hypertrophy via heavy lifting, as opposed to repeated push-ups and light weight/max rep routines. Bulk does not equate to strength. Your bulk is worth nothing if it's not functional, as Greg Glassman would put it, "across broad time and modal domains."

To this effect, doing 1,000 push-ups won't really get you anywhere. But I have some personal beef with the PFT, and look forward to when the Corps starts implementing the CFT (can a Marine correct me if they already do implement the CFT?). So I digress...

On top of this, despite your faith (which is an admirable motivator, in some respects), there IS a physical limit at which the muscles can no longer fire and contract, and it can be reached well-before the body "shuts down." It's incredibly easy to over train without "shutting down."

The examples you listed (of Marines in combat) are more along the lines of adrenaline rather than any of the three primary energy pathways.

With that said, it sounds like you know what is right for you. I think your apparent preaching can probably be left behind. Everyone has a different routine depending on his/her goals. You didn't come here looking for advice, but you seem awfully hellbent on giving it. So do what works for you, and best of luck.