PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

JoeInVille
08-01-08, 01:21 PM
I had something happen to me today that truly made me think about a lot of things in my life. After a long run outside, I ventured to a sandwich shop near my house for a tasty lunch to devour. I was wearing my sweaty Marine Corps poolee shirt that I usually wear to train in. A man behind me in line asked if I was in the Marine Corps and I told him I was going to Boot Camp in about 25 days so I am just getting ready. We were talking for a few minutes while waiting in line and he said "thank you" to me over and over again. For the first time in my life, someone said thank you to me even though I havent truly done anything, but I understand he was thanking me for my future service. On the way home, I was driving and thinking about how I have truly never said "thank you" to any service member of any war. While this might be a random posting, I felt that I needed to thank every Marine on this website for their service and I truly appreciate everything that you all have done. Very few people in the history of our country have stood up to bear the horrors and tragedies that war brings and im sure most of you have seen your fair share of both. I may not be a PT beast or be the smartest poolee that is on this website but I wanted to say that I feel like the best way to thank all of you is to give everything I have to the Marine Corps for the four years I am currently enlisted for. I know that sometimes poolees on this site can be disrespectful, stupid, and arrogant but im sure that all of them are thankful to all of you who have given your heart, mind, and body for our safety. We all owe you so much and while I may not have a 300 PFT and have a 100 on the ASVAB, I personally will put everything I have into this Marine Corps that you all hold so dear. Again, I thank you all for your service and dedication to our country. This is a "thank you" that I have given way too late in life and I am glad I finally remembered to say it, even if it is a random day in April.

AL49BGN
08-01-08, 02:12 PM
Thank you Poolee we all appreciate your thanks.Just remember to work hard and stay focused and you will do just fine.Now go earn your title and make us all proud.

Petz
08-01-08, 02:52 PM
oh, and make a few more paragraphs the next time you write that much....

on topic: your welcome, and hurry up and join the brotherhood.