PDA

View Full Version : My problems and determination

Esprit
07-29-08, 08:53 PM
So I went to Parris Island did some training and they found out I had mono, I was sick and they sent me home. I loved training and always wanted to be a Marine. I found everything not easy, but fun...I simply loved it. I was put in EHP and that killed my motivation and I hated the Marine...I wanted to go home...if your kept there long enough it breaks you down mentally for anybody who has been there longer than 2 weeks. Now im home and I can't take it. All I want to do is go back and complete training...I can't take being back and im going crazy right now, its all I think about and im heavily depressed, badly. I just want to be in the military, and serve and do it in the Marines. Life sucks right now. Please give me some info on how to cope I need it. I know ill eventually go back but I have to wait.

Big Jim
07-29-08, 09:00 PM
So I went to Parris Island did some training and they found out I had mono, I was sick and they sent me home. I loved training and always wanted to be a Marine. I found everything not easy, but fun...I simply loved it. I was put in EHP and that killed my motivation and I hated the Marine...I wanted to go home...if your kept there lnog enough it breaks you down mentally for anybody who has been there longer than 2 weeks. Now im home and I can't take it. All I want to do is go back and complete training...I can't take being back and im gonig crazy right now, its all I think about and im heavily depressed, badly. I just want to be in the military, and serve and do it in the Marines. Life sucks right now. Please give me some info on how to cope I need it. I know ill eventually go back but I have to wait.

You have to ask yourself...in your heart and soul...if this is what you really want to do...if the answer is yes, then man the fvck up, heal up and stay motivated, and get back in there and then breeze through it like you own it son!! The Marine Corps isn't going to waste its time with slackers man...they require self-motivators...thats what you have to learn. You have to learn to stave off the depression and try to focus on what needs to be done at hand because thats all thats standing in front of you between you and the dream, understand? Remember these words ok..."Don't think...just do it..."

When you feel yourself getting depressed and lethargic...get dressed and go lift some weights or go for a run...channel that negativity into something positive towrds your goal. I used to hold myself accountable when I got negative I'd make myself do 50 push-ups...you have to stay honest with yourself too!! Try it..it works...!!! Good luck...

Esprit
07-29-08, 09:07 PM
You have to ask yourself...in your heart and soul...if this is what you really want to do...if the answer is yes, then man the fvck up, heal up and stay motivated, and get back in there and then breeze through it like you own it son!! The Marine Corps isn't going to waste its time with slackers man...they require self-motivators...thats what you have to learn. You have to learn to stave off the depression and try to focus on what needs to be done at hand because thats all thats standing in front of you between you and the dream, understand? Remember these words ok..."Don't think...just do it..."

When you feel yourself getting depressed and lethargic...get dressed and go lift some weights or go for a run...channel that negativity into something positive towrds your goal. I used to hold myself accountable when I got negative I'd make myself do 50 push-ups...you have to stay honest with yourself too!! Try it..it works...!!! Good luck...

aye sir! good moto, this recruit just can't wait to go back haha! :evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
07-29-08, 10:19 PM
Mononucleosis my day was called the "Kissing Disease" so if you pull your boot straps up and get back in.....DON'T kiss the girls or get laid before you go...WAIT until you get back.

On another note....regardless of your dilema..... MOTIVATION comes from within.There is a nothing that can demoralize you unless.... YOU let it. Keep the faith and regain the confidence and start over again. Good luck!:evilgrin:

Achped
07-29-08, 10:48 PM
Mononucleosis my day was called the "Kissing Disease" so if you pull your boot straps up and get back in.....DON'T kiss the girls or get laid before you go...WAIT until you get back.

On another note....regardless of your dilema..... MOTIVATION comes from within.There is a nothing that can demoralize you unless.... YOU let it. Keep the faith and regain the confidence and start over again. Good luck!:evilgrin:

Whoa SSgt, I don't know about you, but when I was in boot my only motivation WAS girls. I knew when I got back those blue trousers with that nice little ribbon and shooting badge on my charlie shirt would get me...friends. Lots of friends.

I could understand not getting laid, don't wanna catch something nasty, but no kissing? Not even little flirts and giggles and caressing them? You can't take away a man's females like that! You can beat the hell out of a man, do whatever you want to him, but the day you take away the fairer sex...is the day that man dies...

Sigh.... I'm off to the airport to wait for one of those double decker planes from Osaka to land again.

davblay
07-29-08, 10:52 PM
Whoa SSgt, I don't know about you, but when I was in boot my only motivation WAS girls. I knew when I got back those blue trousers with that nice little ribbon and shooting badge on my charlie shirt would get me...friends. Lots of friends.

I could understand not getting laid, don't wanna catch something nasty, but no kissing? Not even little flirts and giggles and caressing them? You can't take away a man's females like that! You can beat the hell out of a man, do whatever you want to him, but the day you take away the fairer sex...is the day that man dies...

Sigh.... I'm off to the airport to wait for one of those double decker planes from Osaka to land again.

Man you haven't learned a dam thing, have you?

Phantom Blooper
07-29-08, 10:59 PM
The reason I said that Matt was because of the kissing got him in this shiat! No seriously that was a nickname. I don't know what causes it and that I guess is like playing with frawgs and letting them pizz on you will give you warts. I think its highly contagious and passed by contact or swapping spit ...hence the name.....get laid if you don't wanna kiss her!

And you super wiener ought to know that shiat! Drink plenty Saki it kills what ails you before...... the plane lands!

Kiss away!:evilgrin:

Marine84
07-29-08, 11:03 PM

THAT'S my boy! ;) Just tie it in that knot you told us you could do with it and GO FOR IT!! :banana:

jrhd97
07-30-08, 06:54 AM
The reason I said that Matt was because of the kissing got him in this shiat! No seriously that was a nickname. I don't know what causes it and that I guess is like playing with frawgs and letting them pizz on you will give you warts. I think its highly contagious and passed by contact or swapping spit ...hence the name.....get laid if you don't wanna kiss her!

And you super wiener ought to know that shiat! Drink plenty Saki it kills what ails you before...... the plane lands!

Kiss away!:evilgrin:
It's usually brought on by exhaustion, to much work not enough rest and stress.
It is highly contagious and sharing a bottle of water or drinking from the same cup can pass it on.

Rains
07-30-08, 12:03 PM
What does this desease do? is it crippling? :sick:

SlaveToTheCorps
07-30-08, 12:10 PM
What Is Mono: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/infectious-mononucleosis-topic-overview & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis

ttracker65
07-30-08, 12:20 PM
I am not even gonna do this......Buck up, Heal up and get yer Azz back up on the Prints

SlaveToTheCorps
07-30-08, 12:27 PM
I am not even gonna do this......Buck up, Heal up and get yer Azz back up on the Prints

I have to agree with the Corporal. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, I spent over 137 just in FRP & that's not counting the rest of the time on The Island...Guess what, I've been home for almost 3 years trying to get back in...Feeling sorry does nothing for yourself!!! Get well, train & earn that freaking title! END OF STORY!

Petz
07-30-08, 12:32 PM

you are definitely new Corps... talking about having a ribbon right out of boot camp...

one of these days they'll stop handing that out and we can start making fun of the other services for giving out boot camp graduation ribbons.

On Topic: don't let a little thing as not training de-motivate you... just think of the PCP recruits or the broken Marines who have to stay at the depot untill they heal... those are far worse than what you have got. I knew a former fat body who spend 6 months in PCP doing nothing but losing weight and playing the recruit & DI games.... then he got joined to a platoon and spent another 3 months training.

you've got it easy kid... someone always has it worse... and to think, all you have to do is be patient until it's your time again.

let us know when you leave!!

Achped
07-30-08, 02:43 PM
Its not the Marine Corps giving you a ribbon, its the military in general. Everyone on active duty and in the reserves rates the NDSM, and most in the FMF rate the GWOT.

Don't worry SSgt, I'll get my sea service, Iraqi campaign, and good cookie soon enough. :cool:

Man you haven't learned a dam thing, have you?

I have, I really have. I learned to not let females f*** with your head. I'm the mofuggin shark around these parts and there are plenty of fish for me to enjoy. Just gotta be safe and stay away from the Japanese shark fishermen who bring their fish with them to Hawai'i!

DGardner
07-30-08, 02:55 PM
Suck it up, leave your pity party and find something constructive to do.

Petz
07-30-08, 06:34 PM
Its not the Marine Corps giving you a ribbon, its the military in general. Everyone on active duty and in the reserves rates the NDSM, and most in the FMF rate the GWOT.

Don't worry SSgt, I'll get my sea service, Iraqi campaign, and good cookie soon enough. :cool:

I have, I really have. I learned to not let females f*** with your head. I'm the mofuggin shark around these parts and there are plenty of fish for me to enjoy. Just gotta be safe and stay away from the Japanese shark fishermen who bring their fish with them to Hawai'i!

and that's part of the problem... everyone's getting it. That's why when they aren't handing it out, every medal we earn.... we earned.

I'm waiting for you to make that happen by the way (your medals and ribbons that it).

Marine84
07-30-08, 08:53 PM
I'm the mofuggin shark around these parts and there are plenty of fish for me to enjoy. Just gotta be safe and stay away from the Japanese shark fishermen who bring their fish with them to Hawai'i!

Doofus, that would be way toooooooo crazy - they would either be Daddy's, Brothers or pimps to some and you DO NOT want a run in with either one.

SlaveToTheCorps
08-01-08, 09:45 AM
So I went to Parris Island did some training and they found out I had mono, I was sick and they sent me home. I loved training and always wanted to be a Marine. I found everything not easy, but fun...I simply loved it. I was put in EHP and that killed my motivation and I hated the Marine...I wanted to go home...if your kept there long enough it breaks you down mentally for anybody who has been there longer than 2 weeks. Now im home and I can't take it. All I want to do is go back and complete training...I can't take being back and im going crazy right now, its all I think about and im heavily depressed, badly. I just want to be in the military, and serve and do it in the Marines. Life sucks right now. Please give me some info on how to cope I need it. I know ill eventually go back but I have to wait.

Esprit,
A great Marine Corporal recently told me, "When your days are darkest, it's often these lessons and experiences that will pull you through, and make you dig deeper than you ever knew you could to continue towards success."

I’m in the same boat as you, but my knee is limiting me from even having a recruiter try to work with me…you have a great opportunity to get well, go back & show everyone what you are made of! I think you should really think about that & realize the true test of a man is not how much he can easily accomplish, it is what a man can accomplish once he’s been knocked down. The fight isn’t over until you give-up on yourself, regardless of what everyone else thinks/says. If I took ½ of what people say about me & my struggle to go back in, I would have given up a long time ago. You need to dig deep & fight with everything you have to prove that you will be a Marine!

In life, there are struggles, and without them there would be no progress, right?!? Consider this your lesson on struggles & personal strength. The Marine Corps & the Corpsman don’t care that you’re back home as civilian, they don’t care that you didn’t earn that title…but I know you do, shoot after 3 years I still do. I don’t know about you but for the longest time, I hated the Corpsman & doctors for sending me home…I was so busy trying to blame others for my misfortune; that I lost sight of what I really wanted. Once, you get passed that feeling sorry for yourself stage your mindset will turn to desire. Take that anger you have for going home & use it to fuel your motivation to return to boot & come home a Marine in those Blues!

Like I said before, I was in FRP for 137 days…I know what you mean about the motivation, but YOU joined the Marines for hopes of being different. My FRP Kill Hat said it best before she took me to RSP, “The Island only wins if you let it; come back tougher, stronger & earn that title that you should have today. Don’t loose that fire that you had the day you enlisted, because that’s what the Marines we need.” So don’t let yourself turn into ‘that guy’ who “shoulda, coulda, woulda been a Marine but”…Motivation comes from within, you need to remember why you enlisted & keep that in your heart…

If you need to talk feel free to hit me up,
Vanessa-Rose

NicholasITALY
08-01-08, 10:33 AM
OMFG i'm here in ITALY doing THE BEST I CAN DO, working for save some money + study for the diploma for move to the United States and then join the United States Marine Corps and I read that kind of stuff??!

POOLEE GET YOUR A$$ BACK ON THE FOOT PRINTS! YOU CANNOT GIVE UP RIGHT NOW, YOU CAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!!!!:evilgrin::evilgrin:
DO YOU WANT TO REGRET THIS MOMENT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!???!!!!! DO YOU?!?! MOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :evilgrin: