PDA

View Full Version : Help

YoungDevilDog
07-29-08, 08:20 PM
Hey I am Pfc, about to get promoted to a LCpl in October but I got diagnosed with metatarsus adductus and I need surgery on both feet now! they are gonna do one at a time my left foot first on August 12 and then the doctor said in a cast for 8 weeks then physical theraphy then if that goes well then they would schedule my appointment for my right foot. I do not know what to expect..........what if they mess me up or something will they just throw me aside and kick me out?????

Big Jim
07-29-08, 08:35 PM
Hey I am Pfc, about to get promoted to a LCpl in October but I got diagnosed with metatarsus adductus and I need surgery on both feet now! they are gonna do one at a time my left foot first on August 12 and then the doctor said in a cast for 8 weeks then physical theraphy then if that goes well then they would schedule my appointment for my right foot. I do not know what to expect..........what if they mess me up or something will they just throw me aside and kick me out?????

Well if that happens, ...and its a long shot if..., it will be a service-connected disability, for which you'll be compensated depending on your rating and free health care for your injuries for the rest of your life. Did the Dr.'s say how you came to have these problems? Calm down, trust in those Dr.'s, they have your best interest in hand...just keep track of all records and see if you can get copies of everything they do to you for your own records, ok? You'll thank yourself later for doing this...

YoungDevilDog
07-29-08, 08:42 PM
Well if that happens, ...and its a long shot if..., it will be a service-connected disability, for which you'll be compensated depending on your rating and free health care for your injuries for the rest of your life. Did the Dr.'s say how you came to have these problems? Calm down, trust in those Dr.'s, they have your best interest in hand...just keep track of all records and see if you can get copies of everything they do to you for your own records, ok? You'll thank yourself later for doing this...

The doctor said that I developed this because of poor flat feet quality and just the hiking in bootcamp made my feet develop this and I got to MCT and they wanted to do surgery there but I refused it because of all the stories I heard happen in rehab i made it to the fleet now and I my feet hurt alot sometimes specially when i carry heavy stuff. The Dr. also said that the more physical activity i do, that includes carrying heavy things the faster it gets worse.

Big Jim
07-29-08, 08:49 PM
The reason that I asked is if anything in the Marine Corps caused it or led to the cause of the needed surgeries...thats the only thing I was wondering...for your workable future. IF...your fear...

YoungDevilDog
07-29-08, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it

FistFu68
07-29-08, 09:00 PM
:evilgrin: GET A "REMFER" JOB,SIT ON YOU'R AZZ;AND HAVE A LIGHT DUTY CHIT 4 YOU'R WHOLE MARINE CORPS CAREER.THEN YOU CAN CLAIM TOO BE A RIFLEMAN,BECAUSE YOU GO TOO THE RANGE ONCE A YEAR!!!:D(LMFAO).EITHER WAY GOOD LUCK WITH THE DOCTORS MARINE,SERIOUSLY GODSPEED.:iwo:

TMM54
07-30-08, 06:50 AM
Young Marine, first do some research. Metatarsus adductus is a genetic problem usually seen at birth. For you to develop this now?
I am going to chiropractic college now and we study this and other musculoskeletal disorders, and I suggest that you visit a chiropractor near your base (some bases have a chiropractor on the staff of the Naval Hospital), and get an opinion. Take your X-rays if you have any, or let the chiropractor X-ray your feet. You may have to pay for it, but so what? You may not need surgery. If you must have surgery, don't worry. The Marine Corps will take care of you. Trust your NCO's and Staff NCO's. That is their job. PM me if I can help in any way. Semper Fidelis, Tom Murray

YoungDevilDog
07-30-08, 07:23 AM
Young Marine, first do some research. Metatarsus adductus is a genetic problem usually seen at birth. For you to develop this now?
I am going to chiropractic college now and we study this and other musculoskeletal disorders, and I suggest that you visit a chiropractor near your base (some bases have a chiropractor on the staff of the Naval Hospital), and get an opinion. Take your X-rays if you have any, or let the chiropractor X-ray your feet. You may have to pay for it, but so what? You may not need surgery. If you must have surgery, don't worry. The Marine Corps will take care of you. Trust your NCO's and Staff NCO's. That is their job. PM me if I can help in any way. Semper Fidelis, Tom Murray

I did not have this metatarsus adductus not that i knew of until they had me see a podiatrist. At first i thought it was bunions that i had developed but they said that the angle needed to be more than 45 degrees but please any info will help it will be greatly appreciated and i have done research about this but my feet look nothing like wat i see in those pictures. Mine are like a combination of the two bunions and metatarsus adductus thats what i think but the podiatrist says that the angle is not big enough to diagnose it as a bunion but the podiatrist in mct did not do x-rays and he said i had developed bunions

2ndCEBSupply
07-30-08, 10:39 AM
I want to be very clear with you when i say KEEP TRACK OF ALL YOUR RECORDS that includes names signatures dates always be clear and make sure you get a second opinon before any surgery date is set forth. I have a horribile shoulder injury from when i was in. I was given motrin and sent way. I about faced a two years ago and im coming up on my second shoulder surgery in September. Dont be a number make sure your loging everything down.