PDA

View Full Version : Positive TB Test

Alcatraz214
07-29-08, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I did a search and could not find any info on this topic.

I am thinking about going back into the Marine Corps after a year off from active duty Army (03-07) before that I was active duty Marine Corps (99-03). When I was in Iraq in 2006 I got a postive result for the TB skin test. My chest x- ray was negative and they had me take 9 months of meds to make sure everything was good to go. I have completed the meds and my last chest x-ray was negative. My question is will this positive skin test DQ me from comming back in. It is my understanding that I will always test postive when given the skin test even though the chest x-rays continue to come up negative.

Thanks for any info you might have on this

outlaw3179
07-29-08, 01:37 PM
Talk to a prior service recruiter. Start getting your med docs ready. Youll probably have to get a med read down at meps, maybe a consult. But if your good to go I dont think besides getting cleared you should have a problem.

Alcatraz214
07-29-08, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the quick responce that is what i figured I just wasnt sure if that was a career killer or least I was hoping it wasn't. Sometimes you dont know what you have or had untill you walk away from it.

usmchauer
07-29-08, 02:44 PM
I think the skin test only checks to see if you've been exposed to TB. I had a friend that tested positive on the skin test and the Docs just referred to him as a "carrier". It wasn't an issue for him.