PDA

View Full Version : PT harder than boot camp?

LeDave
07-29-08, 10:55 AM
My recruiter told me that the things we do at PT is harder than boot camp so if I get used to PT, PT will be easy for me.

Those who went to PT and went to boot camp before, do you think PT is harder than boot camp?

And if you went to PT and went to boot camp, was it easy for you?

thewookie
07-29-08, 11:00 AM
My recruiter told me that the things we do at PT is harder than boot camp so if I get used to PT, PT will be easy for me.

Those who went to PT and went to boot camp before, do you think PT is harder than boot camp?

And if you went to PT and went to boot camp, was it easy for you?

Dave, boot camp is 90% mental and 10% physical, for most people.

That doesn't mean that I recommend that you should go there as a slouch or coach potato, but other then the chow, the PT will be one of the better things about your stay.

rkidd4
07-29-08, 11:02 AM
Well the PT may be harder physically just because they want you 100% ready. But overall I would think that PT at Boot Camp is going to be harder b/c you will have the nice DIs with you lol and not your mean recruiters.;)

SlaveToTheCorps
07-29-08, 11:11 AM
It's not that it's "not as hard" at boot as it is at your recruiting station, it’s you don't want to be the slow fat @$$ that isn’t prepared or able to hold your own in a run. During my ‘tour’ on The Island I would say that I think getting ready for boot is more demanding because you are trying to be as prepared as possible, but you won’t be…you’ll still have a lot to learn & improve your physical capabilities more than you can ever imagine. You will be broken down & remolded into the ideal Marine that you need to be.

Trust me, ‘easy’ is not a word you will use when you are at boot…When I was in the DEP I was the Guide for our pool & was in the best shape of my life, I got hurt & sent home. No one ever imaged that from me…so what does that tell you?!?

Go in the mentality that if you aren’t the best, you will be & if you think you’re the best you will be made better!

AL49BGN
07-29-08, 11:18 AM
Your physical training in Boot Camp will be harder if you factor in all your overall training and not just your morning PT.However Boot Camp is mostly mental.It is a process of tearing you down and building you back up to proud Marines and to teach you how to perform under stressfull situations.If you can handle the mental part and you are in shape you should do fine.Your recruiters will let you know what to work on and what shape to be in

AL49BGN
07-29-08, 11:21 AM
It's not that it's "not as hard" at boot as it is at your recruiting station, it’s you don't want to be the slow fat @$$ that isn’t prepared or able to hold your own in a run. During my ‘tour’ on The Island I would say that I think getting ready for boot is more demanding because you are trying to be as prepared as possible, but you won’t be…you’ll still have a lot to learn & improve your physical capabilities more than you can ever imagine. You will be broken down & remolded into the ideal Marine that you need to be.

Trust me, ‘easy’ is not a word you will use when you are at boot…When I was in the DEP I was the Guide for our pool & was in the best shape of my life, I got hurt & sent home. No one ever imaged that from me…so what does that tell you?!?

Go in the mentality that if you aren’t the best, you will be & if you think you’re the best you will be made better!

Couldn't have said it better.Getting to have you complete task quickly and under stress is essential to your training.

Sonic13
07-29-08, 12:17 PM
All depends on what kind of recruit you are in bootcamp. There will be a few times you'll remember in bootcamp where you think that your going to die, like one event i did in the crucible that i wont reveal any details on, and also the combat endurance course i think its called? We pretty much had to low crawl the whole thing, not fun.

semperfi210
07-29-08, 07:45 PM
The pt at bootcamp is definetly alot harder than what most recruiting stations do for pt. The difference is that when we pt we only go to our limits but in bootcamp its not like that you push your body to the limits especially when you go on humps and **** like that.:usmc:

BR34
07-30-08, 05:26 AM
Hardest thing about pt in bootcamp for me was having to find the time to take a **** before we ran. For some reason knowing that I'm about to run makes me have to ****...and ****ting in the morning at bootcamp ain't an easy task.

Pete0331
07-30-08, 12:13 PM
By itself PT was easy in Boot Camp, but your body doesn't have time to rest properly before moving on to the next thing. Especially if you get thrashed more then normal.
Streching is the most important thing you can do when you have the time.

ttracker65
07-30-08, 01:20 PM
PT in Boot is going to be harder. You are going to have to learn to do things "under fire" You are preparing for the unthinkable that is impossible. You will PT at the drop of a dime. You will eat on command and finish eating on command and your plate will be clean. You will sleep on order and wake up to the clunk of the lights turning on is heard. It is called preparation and conditioning. Good Luck to you and your Marine Corps Career.