PDA

View Full Version : Cannot seem to find MOS

beebe2141
07-29-08, 10:54 AM
When I went to DEP in I was told like everyone else to pick their top 3 choices, and so I did. The last of my choices being ground option, and go figure that was the one I was given. I was happy that I would not be bound to one job, and was told by my recruiter that I would make my real decision during basic, so I went on my way and focused on other thing. And the other day I wanted to reread what jobs I had at my disposal, yet I cannot find the paper that entails all of the jobs, and I've searched throughout this website as well as what Google can tell me to find the Ground Option contract. Can someone link me the info to it, or explain what jobs are listed within? I appreciate it. Also if I missed something, point it out. I can only learn from my mistakes. :p

slimmy07
07-29-08, 11:11 AM
The BEST and MOST accurate way to get the real info on that is to ask your recruiter for the program list of jobs. They have the list right at thier office, and its easily available to you. No recruiter should get upiset or mad if you choose to see it. That is the best way to get the real scoop on what jobs you could possibly be given. I would not trust the internet on this source.

Try2CatchMike
07-30-08, 10:20 PM
You dont get to decide anything in Boot Camp they will randomly assign you a job under that option and 2 or 3 Marines I know wanted Infantry and ended up with Artillery and Ammo Tech or something along those lines. Recruiters get new jobs all the time, dont leave without something in writing im telling you, you do NOT want to ship open anything unless you really dont care. Most likely the "good" job and when I say good, I mean most desired job you will probably not get.

And when you say the one your are "given" you pick your OCC Field, you can tell your recruiter your are not leaving without a contract for the field you want (Aviation Support, Communications) etc. Your recruiter will find a way to get you the job if its the only way you will ship!

-LCPL Penfold

Haffner
07-30-08, 10:24 PM
Yes, learn a lesson from the previous post, Poolees. A trademark quality of a Marine is unrelenting resourcefulness and mission accomplishment. If you tell that recruiter that you will absolutely, positively 100% not ship until you have your preferred OCC field in writing, guess what, he'll get the job done -- because that IS his job.

slimmy07
07-31-08, 11:26 AM
I think its funny how people "THINK" they know recruiters or even recruiting duty. JOBS ARE A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. If a JOB IS CLOSED OUT, What makes you think a recruiter...