PDA

View Full Version : About leave?

beebe2141
07-28-08, 03:47 PM
After graduation at Basic Training I understand that we get a 10 day leave, and then head off to Basic Infantry Training, well my question is, after that do we return home then off to our respective schools or school then after a set amount of time are given the ability to visit back home?

DGardner
07-28-08, 04:32 PM
How about a complete profile? Then you can get some answers.

beebe2141
07-28-08, 04:36 PM
I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not.
Was my fault, thought profile was filled out.

Achped
07-28-08, 05:07 PM
Depends what your MOS is/where you get stationed.

If you're infantry, you will go home for 10 days, then go to ITB at SOI (not Basic Infantry school. There is nothing basic about being a killer YUT!) When you graduate ITB depending on if you get stationed in Hawaii (oorahhH) or Okinawa (yuttt) you may get leave again, be able to go home, and then go overseas.

IF you are not a grunt, you will go to MCT at SOI after boot leave, then from MCT straight to MOS school (No leave) then from MOS school you will get leave IF you are getting stationed overseas or across the country. If your mos school is at Camp Johnson and you get stationed at Lejeune, you have like 6 hours to check in. IF your mos school is at 29 palms and you get stationed in Hawaii you will get....like 10-15 days leave.

Why do you care?

beebe2141
07-28-08, 05:20 PM
Depends what your MOS is/where you get stationed.

If you're infantry, you will go home for 10 days, then go to ITB at SOI (not Basic Infantry school. There is nothing basic about being a killer YUT!) When you graduate ITB depending on if you get stationed in Hawaii (oorahhH) or Okinawa (yuttt) you may get leave again, be able to go home, and then go overseas.

IF you are not a grunt, you will go to MCT at SOI after boot leave, then from MCT straight to MOS school (No leave) then from MOS school you will get leave IF you are getting stationed overseas or across the country. If your mos school is at Camp Johnson and you get stationed at Lejeune, you have like 6 hours to check in. IF your mos school is at 29 palms and you get stationed in Hawaii you will get....like 10-15 days leave.

Why do you care?

Curiosity really, also to know if I'm able to come back and show the poolees here a little something before they end up leaving as well. :devious:

Achped
07-28-08, 05:50 PM
Haha, you mean calling everyone sir, pivoting as you walk into restauarants, marching everywhere, and standing at parade rest?

Trust me, they won't think you're cool, they'll think you're weird!!!

beebe2141
07-28-08, 06:01 PM
Haha, you mean calling everyone sir, pivoting as you walk into restauarants, marching everywhere, and standing at parade rest?

Trust me, they won't think you're cool, they'll think you're weird!!!

Haha, good ideas :P but no I mean PTing the guys who are about to leave.

CplGiraffe
07-28-08, 06:16 PM
I have another question on this. What about for Crypto Linguist school? It is a very long school, is there leave built into that schedule or leave before? If anyone knows it would be appreciated just to get an idea of what's ahead in the future.

Achped
07-28-08, 06:42 PM
No Matter what school you go to, you will not get leave beforehand. The only exception is if you graduate MCT around the holidays, they will give you RA or maybe let you take leave for Christmas/New years.

You cant take leave in a student status. Period. You're supposed to be learning an MOS, this isn't high school, you can't just take days off because you want to see mommy and daddy.

Isn't that school in like Oceanside, California or something anyways? Who the hell would WANT to leave?

CplGiraffe
07-28-08, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the answer Achped. I was basing my question on http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30929&highlight=cryptologic+linguist. That thread suggests it takes about 1-1.5 years to finish all of your schooling. Seeing as that is a long time to be somewhere I was wondering what kind of things they would have built in to that. And, of course, you may be right and there are none which is ok, but I assumed there were.

Achped
07-28-08, 08:47 PM
Oh well if your school is THAT long, you will be able to take leave for Christmas, but thats it. It will be block leave when the whole school shuts down, but you can't just take it whenevre you want (your birthday, whatever) You will have 96's for holidays too but there is a 600 mile limit to how far you can go, so if you're in Cali from the east coast you're pretty much stuck.

I would be a hypocrit if I told you not to travel out of bounds...(shh) but I don't advise it.

Big Jim
07-28-08, 09:05 PM
I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not.
Was my fault, thought profile was filled out.

IF YOU MADE THE MISTAKE...OWN UP TO IT...DON'T BE A DISRESPECTFUL, SARCASTIC, MOUTHY LITTLE AZZ...JUST APOLOGIZE, FIX YOUR MISTAKE AND MOVE ON. IF YOU DO THIS IN BOOTCAMP OR IN THE FLEET...THE SWEET SONNY JESUS MAY BE SHAKING YOUR HAND A LITTLE EARLY...!!! UNDERSTAND...?

Phantom Blooper
07-28-08, 09:28 PM
You can take leave in your MOS school....but it would only be verified emergency leave/Red Cross/chaplains office.

Also depending where you are in the class length it is determined whether you graduate or are dropped/recycled to the next class...it is usually done on a case by case basis.As Achped said no annual leave for weddings,births,Suzie Rottencrotch E.T. :evilgrin:

CplGiraffe
07-28-08, 09:43 PM
Ok, thanks for the answers. That is how I assumed it was done with the block leave. I just wanted to verify my assumption.