PDA

View Full Version : 20090608

Poolee1991
07-28-08, 02:25 PM
I was wondering if there are any female poolees with the same shipping date as me. I'd like to meet some more females who are trying to walk the same path as me. Males if you're shipping out this date and are going to Parris Island go ahead and let me know also =]

srinaldo86
07-28-08, 05:37 PM
I think you might be a little early asking about ship dates in 2009.

Achped
07-28-08, 06:44 PM
Way to be motivated bro...I mean...sis? Your ship date is almost exactly 2 years after I shipped, and 3 years after I enlisted....that makes me feel old!

SgtThrasher
07-28-08, 06:52 PM
Way to be motivated bro...I mean...sis? Your ship date is almost exactly 2 years after I shipped, and 3 years after I enlisted....that makes me feel old!

Hey Bro,I graduated boot camp @Parris Island in December 1965....that makes me feel really old.:evilgrin:

Achped
07-28-08, 08:08 PM
Haha, you're the second sgt to harass me about that. A few months ago I reached my 1 year on active duty mark, and this sgt in my battery overheard me and said "One year? WOOOOWWWWWW, you're a true salt warrior now aren't ya?"

Then he proceeded to tell all his SNCO friends "Hey guys, that devil dog over there has been in a whole year!!!"

:(

introspect
07-29-08, 07:56 AM
Hehe, you know I am. I'm guessing as it gets closer to our ship, more females will start coming on the site? Hopefullyyy..

rkuipers67
07-29-08, 09:26 AM
:thumbup:Forget it! You will meet your friends when you get there

introspect
07-29-08, 09:55 AM
Lol, hopefully, just as long as I'm not on the bus alone :D

rkuipers67
07-29-08, 11:04 AM
:thumbup:I left NYC on 1/4/59 on a train with 85 recruits bound for PI. It was just plain mayhem! When you arrive at Recruit Recieving you will not have time to think about anything other than what you're told to think about. Keep your eyes & ears open and your mouth shut, I recieved that advise 50 years ago and it was good advise. I'll be at PI on 1/5/08 to celebrate my 50th year since joining. I'm retired with my wife in SC only 1.5 hours from PI. I'm formerly from NJ & FL. Let me know when you graduate and we'll come down. My e-mail is rkuipers@atdesk.com. Good luck, your life is about to change for the better!!

introspect
07-29-08, 11:40 AM
=P you mean 1/5/09? That'll be great though. Marines have been so awesome when I meet them, like you :), makes me want to be part of something bigger than myself more and more. Thanks for the extra moto, and I'll definitely let you know when I grad :D

rkuipers67
07-29-08, 12:12 PM
:usmc:OK, and when "YOU GRADUATE" you can also wear the EAGLE GLOBE ANCHOR and that is something no one can take away from you. Be proud and good luck and don't forget the grad date!

introspect
07-29-08, 12:37 PM
Will do, thanks a lot Lance Corporal. Excited for that EGA =]. Hehe, my ship date is 2 days before my b-day, I'll be in the island for my 18th bday yeahhhhh!

Poolee1991
07-29-08, 09:53 PM
Hehe, you know I am. I'm guessing as it gets closer to our ship, more females will start coming on the site? Hopefullyyy..

I know hopefully! =]

Poolee1991
07-29-08, 09:56 PM
:thumbup:I left NYC on 1/4/59 on a train with 85 recruits bound for PI. It was just plain mayhem! When you arrive at Recruit Recieving you will not have time to think about anything other than what you're told to think about. Keep your eyes & ears open and your mouth shut, I recieved that advise 50 years ago and it was good advise. I'll be at PI on 1/5/08 to celebrate my 50th year since joining. I'm retired with my wife in SC only 1.5 hours from PI. I'm formerly from NJ & FL. Let me know when you graduate and we'll come down. My e-mail is rkuipers@atdesk.com. Good luck, your life is about to change for the better!!

If everything goes as planned me and her should graduate 9/4/09

Big Jim
07-29-08, 09:58 PM

It will, Gracie...stay focused, on your goal, ok? ...and it will all be achievable...promise...

Poolee1991
07-29-08, 10:01 PM
It will, Gracie...stay focused, on your goal, ok? ...and it will all be achievable...promise...

You know me always focused and luckly I have great Marines like you helping me in every step I take =]

Big Jim
07-29-08, 10:05 PM
You know me always focused and luckly I have great Marines like you helping me in every step I take =]

You'll be a great Marine someday too...remember what it took to get you there and always help the people who need it and deserve it. That's the one true thing that makes a person, especially a Marine, great...

I'm looking forward to seeing you in that uniform and wearing that EGA at graduation...and I know I will...

introspect
07-30-08, 07:49 AM

Wow, really? Feels great to know the graduation date :D

Poolee1991
07-30-08, 06:27 PM
Wow, really? Feels great to know the graduation date :D

I know right =D