PDA

View Full Version : A Little Upset!!!

bbond007
07-28-08, 09:39 AM
Hey, my ship date was July 27 for the 28th, but i get a call like Thrusday saying come to the RS. I thought it was like a pre ship thing ... Well I got up there and they was like your leaving in 2 weeks now .. so I was like what am I going to do for a job ya no.. Because i quit my job 2 weeks ago, and I was like just don't lie to me because I feel like you all have. I told him " I don't need the military like half the jack offs around here, BUT I WANNA BE A MARINE "MORE THEN ANY THING".. I just thought id share there little mishap with you...but im with you all for another 2 weeks..
:mad:

TJR1070
07-28-08, 09:46 AM
"Hurry up and wait", "no too slow get back", "OHHH hell no", and "you must be kidding me recruit" and a slew of other interesting one liners are waiting for you only two short weeks from now.

Seriously relax and enjoy the extra time with friends and family. In the long run you will barely remember that you had to wait two extra weeks before getting your shot to earn the title.

SlaveToTheCorps
07-28-08, 09:51 AM
Things happen, sometimes you have to just suck it up & move on. Are you still going to be shipping? Are you still having the shot at being a Marine? Was it your choice to enlist? Have you seen how many poolee's dates get pushed back?!? If you get all annoyed & bitter about a 2 week delay, imagine what it'll be like when it's months...everything you do is on the military's time, not yours...you have to remember that!

So, my advice is enjoy the few extra weeks of being a nasty civilian...Once they past there's no going back! :o)

JoeSzynal
07-28-08, 09:57 AM
Hey, my ship date was July 27 for the 28th, but i get a call like Thrusday saying come to the RS. I thought it was like a pre ship thing ... Well I got up there and they was like your leaving in 2 weeks now .. so I was like what am I going to do for a job ya no.. Because i quit my job 2 weeks ago, and I was like just don't lie to me because I feel like you all have. I told him " I don't need the military like half the jack offs around here, BUT I WANNA BE A MARINE "MORE THEN ANY THING".. I just thought id share there little mishap with you...but im with you all for another 2 weeks..
:mad:

Stop talking like a valley girl first off.

This is pretty standard. Offices usually shift bodies around if it's looking like they may not make the current or next month's quota mission. It may be too late for you but it's worth asking about the bonus. My recruiter came at me with the same proposition when my ship date came up back in '05. I expressed my disappointment about having to wait another two weeks and they sweetened the deal with a $3000 bonus. I had them put it in writing and I got the money after graduating SOI.

slimmy07
07-28-08, 11:20 AM
Stop talking like a valley girl first off.

This is pretty standard. Offices usually shift bodies around if it's looking like they may not make the current or next month's quota mission. It may be too late for you but it's worth asking about the bonus. My recruiter came at me with the same proposition when my ship date came up back in '05. I expressed my disappointment about having to wait another two weeks and they sweetened the deal with a $3000 bonus. I had them put it in writing and I got the money after graduating SOI.

What are you talking about corporal??? Next months quota??? This kid is already in the DEP and he would not count towards next months quota. I knnow that they have a shipping mission, but the ship mission in the Marine corps has not been missed since the late 80s.
Look kid, I dont know your specific situation, but more times than not a kid ships on time. There are a TON of reasons why someone does not though, it could be because of an MOS choice, it could be because a poolee can not pass an IST, etc. etc. You can always ask your recruiter to let you know if a kid does not ship from another office that you will go in his place. Sometimes kids dont ship on time because they disclose info at MEPs that DQs them, or they have fines that are not paid, or they do something dumb. This happens and someone needs to fill their slots. I would let your recruiter know that your ready to go tomorrow if needed. ABout the bonus, its a ship bonus and its VERY rare in the summer. I have NEVER seen anyone get a shipping bonus in the summer because people WANT to ship (like yourself). I have seen ship bonuses for Nov and dec months, but NEVER in june, jul, and august. Every RS is different though, so yours might. Good luck kid and stay moto.

CplKJSpevak
07-28-08, 11:32 AM
Same thing happened to me too, I was so Pizzed off that I called the Air Force Recruiter! But it worked out for me like it will work out for you.....good luck

thewookie
07-28-08, 11:35 AM
2 more weeks = 14 more days and nights to get some.

And, it's 2 less weeks of summer you're going to see at bootcamp.

Don't worry, be happy.

bbond007
07-28-08, 12:00 PM
Yes Sgt, the reason they pushed me back is they said they over shiped by like 2000 or something like that...but o well i run a 17:50 3mile right now so that gives me time to get it down...and Yes SGT and to get some night and day, lol i think im going to run a triathlon Saturday its 60miles bike ride and 10k run and 2 mile swim...

Sonic13
07-28-08, 02:01 PM
I left in the middle of Senior week for bootcamp when me and a bunch of people got a house down the jersey shore, and i still to this day wish i could of stayed the extra week and enjoyed my senior year summer while i could. Don't be mad about it, because once you get down their, your gonna be thinking to yourself "why did i get so mad about my ship date getting pushed back 2 weeks", trust me.

CplKJSpevak
07-28-08, 02:26 PM
Sonic, what year did you join the Corps? Did you enlist through the Delaware county office?