PDA

View Full Version : Better 3 Mile

Cysero
05-14-03, 11:06 AM
I am DEP, I currently run a 22 min 3 mile. I was hoping if there are any runners who have come from where I am coming from; 22 min 3 mile, and made progress BEFORE going into BASIC. I know most of the people who will reply already are horses, but I would like to hear from people who were not good at the 3 mile before BOOT and got better before BOOT. Thanks.

DEP AUGUST 18th, 2003

22DevilPup87
05-14-03, 11:44 AM
Some advice passed on to me:
Run, run, run some more, and when you get tired of running, run. After you throw up because of running so much, run more. ;)

I'm afraid I can't help you out in this department. Yesterday I ran my fasted 1.5 miles in 14:57 ... certainly not a 6 or 7 minute mile there.

I just wanted give you my good-luck wishes.

Sylntsnipa
05-14-03, 12:41 PM
Like DevilPup said. You just have to run. Run until you fall and think you cant get up. Then get up and run some more. I run a 1.5 in 10:36 and I still have to get better. Good luck. Semper Fi.

gatormatt
05-14-03, 04:10 PM
i wrote an answer in poolee forum

top1371
05-14-03, 06:03 PM
I got better before boot, got down to a 17:40, in boot I ran a 18:10. I didnt get as much individual speed work to keep up my pace. Your current pace is probably faster than any formation run pace in boot, but you will need to pick it up to get a good PFT score.

A little advice. If the 3 mile is your goal, you should run just a little farther at a quick pace, say 5 miles. Then shorten your distance and pick up the pace. The key for me was to have a strong pace and hold it for as long as possible... not saying to sprint the whole way, but to have a good pace. I ran everyday at lunch to build endurance.

I used this method and just retired with 21 years and ran a 20 flat on my last PFT. I am not built as a runner and was always close to my max weight.

Semper Fi,