PDA

View Full Version : MEPS eye question.

LeDave
07-28-08, 12:32 AM
help, i have really bad eyes without my glasses. with my glasses i can see near perfect and maybe even perfectly.

my friend just passed the physical and medical part of MEPS and he told me that he saw someone who brought contacts with him but failed because he had bad eyes without them. he said that i am not qualified to be a Marine because of that.

will i be screwed too or what? i can see really well with my glasses on.

tonyyybro
07-28-08, 04:11 AM
help, i have really bad eyes without my glasses. with my glasses i can see near perfect and maybe even perfectly.

my friend just passed the physical and medical part of MEPS and he told me that he saw someone who brought contacts with him but failed because he had bad eyes without them. he said that i am not qualified to be a Marine because of that.

will i be screwed too or what? i can see really well with my glasses on.
Ledave, Me personally i have really bad Astigmatism. The doctors told me i might have Keratonconus, which was fasle. But dont worry! I thought i had the same problem too. But it didnt stop me from becoming a Marine. Dont worry and just got be MEPS.

Semper Fi.

bstewar09
07-28-08, 05:31 AM
If you have astigmatism more than +/- 3.00 diopters they make you come back for a consultation no matter what, but your not DQ'd. I have to go back today, I had astigmatism of that was 3.25. Trust me man, at MEPS theirs all sorts of people walking around that are nearly blind without their coke bottles.

LeDave
07-28-08, 05:33 AM
how do i know how much astigmatism i have right now?

and what is consultation?

bstewar09
07-28-08, 05:37 AM
You'd probably have to go to an eye doctor and get tested. A consultation is just when you have to go get something checked out by doctor outside of MEPS, however they won't let you use your family doctor as they would obviously be more willing to sign off on things. But as long as your Under +/- 8.00 diopters you have nothing to worry about.

LeDave
07-28-08, 05:57 AM
my eyes are really really bad without my glasses. everything is blurred in just about 15 inches away from me. so yeah, what do you think my astigmatism is?

bstewar09
07-28-08, 06:48 AM
I don't know I am not an eye doctor and but if I were you I would want to go see one.

darkgreen0311
07-28-08, 06:56 AM
Tonyybro you need to change your status. It's says you're a poolee but you're saying you're a Marine.

:marine:Semper FI 4 Life
Give me liberty or i'll get it myself!!!

tonyyybro
07-29-08, 08:00 PM
darkgreen0311 , how do you change your status?

JdnSmith
07-29-08, 11:43 PM
my eyes are really really bad without my glasses. everything is blurred in just about 15 inches away from me. so yeah, what do you think my astigmatism is?

LeDave,
I am licensed by the Medical Board of California as an optician. Just because your vision is blurry DOES NOT mean you have an astigmatism. What you need to do is go and see an optometrist. There is no way for anybody on this site to just tell you what your frikkin astigmatism might be. Go see the doctor.