PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam - Can't Win Strategy

CBS
07-27-08, 04:23 PM
GENTLEMEN: :evilgrin:

I'm here to propose that we fight the war again, the Marine way.
Through a discussion or roundtable of thoughts and concepts.
This is open to ALL MARINES, not just Vietnam Combat Vets !

HOW WOULD YOU FIGHT THE WAR IN VIETNAM WITH THESE
CONSIDERATIONS IN MIND:

1. CHINA / RUSSIA WITH NUCLEAR capabilities and nearby
2. The threat of Berlin or Europe opening up a second front
that the US would have to deal with.
3. The logistics of fighting 12,000 miles frm home
4. The understanding that Americans don't like extended
wars. They desire quick decisive actions and trending
indicates Korea was the begining of a new trend.

Your thoughts and knowledge will be appreciated while the display
of respect for other opinions will be requested.

SEMPER FI...........>CHUCK :beer:

Wyoming
07-27-08, 05:19 PM

The Chairman, of the Joints Chief of Staff, to appoint the CMC to head up a group of senior officers and enlisted fighting men (and women). No more than 2 dozen total with a month to form a plan.

The plan to be implemented, one week after the 30 day meeting.

The plan to NOT coincide with the start of the rainy season.

No embedded nothing - no reporters.

One 4-5 Star to command, obviously answering to the CIC, but in an advisor role only.

No FVCKING politicians, unless they are in uniform and on the frontline.

... anyone else?

ROTORORDY
07-27-08, 05:45 PM

The Chairman, of the Joints Chief of Staff, to appoint the CMC to head up a group of senior officers and enlisted fighting men (and women). No more than 2 dozen total with a month to form a plan.

One 4-5 Star to command, obviously answering to the CIC, but in an advisor role only.

... anyone else?

OOHRAH and Semper Fi Mac i am with you :marine: :banana:

sgt tony
07-27-08, 06:18 PM
You got that one right on the head.

Dave Coup
07-27-08, 06:48 PM
Strategic bombing targets to be decided on by Commanders on scene. If a Russian or Chinese Advisor happens to be at that target site--oh well TS, they know the risks.:evilgrin:

FistFu68
07-27-08, 07:57 PM
:evilgrin: TACTICAL NUCLEAR STRIKE ON HAI PHONG HARBOR :evilgrin: :iwo:

Alpha1Devildog
07-27-08, 08:17 PM

... anyone else?

Yes. . . . No media, No prisoners, send democratic congress (to include Chuck Hagel) for an extended vacation to the sunny beaches of Bikini Atoll.

Alpha1Devildog
07-27-08, 08:26 PM
I guess you did say no reporters. Sorry

Gary Hall
07-27-08, 08:50 PM
I was not there even one day Marines, but I wasn't born yesterday. The sole cause of all the misery that was Viet Nam was as a result of the TWO CIVILIAN ****BIRDS that were running it, LBJ & Robert McNamara, 2 dueces, and a pair of dueces is essentially worthless in anybody's game.
Everything I'm fixing to say is fully documented numerous times.
1.) LBJ spent his entire lifetime lying, stealing & cheating. The most recent documentation of this is a C-SPAN interview of some author (I've forgotten) about his LBJ book. Brian Lamb (C-SPAN CEO) at the end of the segment asked: "How much did he (LBJ) get away with?", and the author replied: " ... near as we can tell about $20 million..".
2.) LBJ loved to scratch his nuts and talk loud to any audience, one of his stock favorities, talking about how he treated the Generals (Admirals) in Viet Nam: "... why Hell them SOB's (the Brass) can't take a **** without calling me!!!".
3.) If anything, Robert McNamara was worse than LBJ, Robert McNamara had zero personality, yet everybody allowed as how he was so SMART, as if that was worth anything, except in lying, stealing & cheating. LBJ did provide an occasional laugh, but never McNamara. He was more full of himself than was LBJ. I remember during a Congressional Hearing, in response to a question, he said: "... Yes Sir, I'm going to tell you everything it's going to take to win that war ..." McNamara was so busy shacking up with Tom Braden's wife he couldn't concentrate on anything else. He never had a job he was any good at; he was president of Ford one year and he came up with the Edsel. Lee Iacocca produced the Mustang at Ford, then went to Chrysler and actually saved their ass, through heroic and intelligent determination and perseverance. (He paid back the loan, THE OLD FASHIONED WAY!!!!!!!). And Chrysler is still in the middle of the road. After leaving SECDEF, crying & pouting, he went to World Bank, as President. Enough said.
Marines, we've got 2 dissimilar candidates running for POTUS, one of 'em is young & pretty & smart and is a total empty suit (in my view) and is another Robert McNamara and I wouldn't vote for him for Dog Catcher, I think too much of dogs. The other is not young and not pretty and he openly says he was at the bottom of his Naval Academy Class. But he was there and was a brave SOB when it counted. I know what he will do when the going gets rough and that's good enough for me. Go John McCain and Cindy. Best wishes, Sir & Ma'm. Gung Ho, Gary Hall.

awbrown1462
07-28-08, 06:55 AM
No Dang DMZ that can not be crossed

CBS
07-29-08, 07:38 AM
How about one General ( 4 star ) in charge in the field. He's got Colonels to run the day to day ops and report in depth to him. Then we take the Commines by surprise by hitting N. Vietnam at...

tripledog
07-29-08, 04:28 PM
Fighting the war over is very simple , in my mind. <br />
<br />
When one goes to war, the object is to WIN, that to me , is the Marine way. I could care less who or what is in charge, just let soldiers do...

FistFu68
07-29-08, 08:49 PM
:evilgrin: SPRAY THE NORTH VIETNAMESE WITH AGENT ORANGE NOT US :mad: :iwo:

Robert Browell
07-29-08, 09:33 PM
Don't fight on the side of a government so corrupt,and unpopular with their own people,that they make the enemy look like the good guys in comparison!!:!:

Gary Hall
07-30-08, 01:39 AM
You got it tripledog, well said. If honesty wont overcome any adversary then no politically correct maneouver will prevail. PC never works, even in politics, PC is for despots. In my view, where...

CH53MetalMan
07-30-08, 03:42 AM
If history taught us anything we never should have attempted to enforce the Parris Peace Treaty, the two partitoned sides should have worked out their own affairs.The domino theory was busted long, long ago. Eisenhower and Nixon were wrong but they sure got Americans worked up into a frenzy, and it is funny how some still think it was best to "kill a commie for mommy" and somehow our involvment might help guard our own back door.

FistFu68
07-30-08, 07:09 AM
:evilgrin: TELL THAT TOO THE SOUTH VIETNAMESE WHO WERE EXTERMINATED BY THE COMMIES TOO THE NORTH,WE BETTER THINK IT OR THAT FUCING COMMIE "WILL KILL YOU'R MOMMIE" :evilgrin::iwo:

CH53MetalMan
07-31-08, 06:51 AM
:evilgrin: TELL THAT TOO THE SOUTH VIETNAMESE WHO WERE EXTERMINATED BY THE COMMIES TOO THE NORTH,WE BETTER THINK IT OR THAT FUCING COMMIE "WILL KILL YOU'R MOMMIE" :evilgrin::iwo:

My family remains quite safe, no commie or any other real or imagined enemy of the United States is a threat to any member of my family.

But thank you for your concerns, regardless of where they may have sprung from. I sense that somehow, deep down, perhaps through redemption, your view is just.

Dave Coup
07-31-08, 07:37 AM
My family remains quite safe, no commie or any other real or imagined enemy of the United States is a threat to any member of my family.

But thank you for your concerns, regardless of where they may have sprung from. I sense that somehow, deep down, perhaps through redemption, your view is just.
Do you think that your family is safe because no one wants to hurt them? If so that's a naive way to think.. There are plenty of folks out there who want nothing more than to destroy us and our way of life and don't care what it takes or costs to do it.

CH53MetalMan
07-31-08, 08:05 AM
Do you think that your family is safe because no one wants to hurt them? If so that's a naive way to think.. There are plenty of folks out there who want nothing more than to destroy us and our way of life and don't care what it takes or costs to do it.

It is difficult, if not impossible to quantify or come to terms with numbers of people that would be interested in killing non-military Americans that don't currently occupy THEIR country. People are basically the same throughout the world, their primary concern is the betterment of their children.

I say secure our borders and ports. Two large oceans and two land borders will forevermore prevent a marauding rabble from ravaging our land.

sgtrock1970
07-31-08, 08:44 AM
Sorry, I don't think we LOST the war,we were victorious in every main action, we kicked their ass in the bush, most of the time, and if you looked at the casulity ratio, it's a telling story. What LOST the war was a bunch of ********** politicians and commie fruitcakes. SF

2ndCEBSupply
07-31-08, 11:47 AM
I know this is a late response.....but what if we never went to Vietnam?

FistFu68
07-31-08, 12:16 PM
:evilgrin: DON'T WORRY ABOUT MY SOUL METALMAN,I HAD MY REDEMPTION ON 4 DEC.1968,I SUGGEST YOU GO TOO "LITTLE RUSSIA" IN YOU'R HOMETOWN OF NY.NY.AND TALK TO THE LUCKY BASTARDS THAT MADE IT OUTTA THE SOVIET UNION.OH AND WEAR YOU'R USMC COVER AND SEE IF YOU CAN SWAP HORROR STORIES IN THAT RUSSKI BAR ON THE CORNER.:scared: :iwo:

awbrown1462
07-31-08, 12:24 PM
It is difficult, if not impossible to quantify or come to terms with numbers of people that would be interested in killing non-military Americans that don't currently occupy THEIR country. People are basically the same throughout the world, their primary concern is the betterment of their children.

I say secure our borders and ports. Two large oceans and two land borders will forevermore prevent a marauding rabble from ravaging our land.

MMM dont think we we in Iraq or Afganastan when they hit the WTC

CH53MetalMan
07-31-08, 07:48 PM
Sorry, I don't think we LOST the war,we were victorious in every main action, we kicked their ass in the bush, most of the time, and if you looked at the casulity ratio, it's a telling story. What LOST the war was a bunch of ********** politicians and commie fruitcakes. SF

We were not fighting a war to defeat North Vietnam, this was never the goal. Our military fought to enforce the Paris Peace Treaty which partitoned the country into North & South Vietnam. You are correct, our military won in the field, every time, but the North knew as much and chose to fight a gorilla or insurgent war of attrition - - and they essentially wore us out. If I were to fault any politicans or fruitcakes, it would be for taking us into Vietnam in the first place. As events played out, the side that had more worth fighting over ( their own land ) won out with a better game plan than taking us on head to head.

CH53MetalMan
07-31-08, 07:52 PM
I know this is a late response.....but what if we never went to Vietnam?

One good thing would be that there would not be a Vietnam Memorial Wall in D.C. and about a million Vietnamese would not have met an early death.

CH53MetalMan
07-31-08, 07:53 PM
:evilgrin: DON'T WORRY ABOUT MY SOUL METALMAN,I HAD MY REDEMPTION ON 4 DEC.1968,I SUGGEST YOU GO TOO "LITTLE RUSSIA" IN YOU'R HOMETOWN OF NY.NY.AND TALK TO THE LUCKY BASTARDS THAT MADE IT OUTTA THE SOVIET UNION.OH AND WEAR YOU'R USMC COVER AND SEE IF YOU CAN SWAP HORROR STORIES IN THAT RUSSKI BAR ON THE CORNER.:scared: :iwo:

I'll take a pass on that, I don't drink vodka.

FistFu68
07-31-08, 09:29 PM
:evilgrin: (LOL)I HEARD THAT METALMAN,VODKA CAN MAKE YOU SEE RED :beer::iwo:

SE18
08-01-08, 09:32 AM
provide better backup for the French LOL

CBS
08-01-08, 09:46 AM
" they essentially wore us out. If I were to fault any politicans or fruitcakes, it would be for taking us into Vietnam in the first place. As events played out, the side that had more worth fighting over ( their own land ) won out with a better game plan than taking us on head to head."

This is close to the truth BUT when you say "WE"...it needs quaification. We helped the people in S. Vietnam with CAC Units to protect them and even more through the development of new rice strains that they now enjoy bumper crops with. The "WE" was and IS the DAMN American ploticians...LBJ, MacNamara, Byrd..etc..etc. Those
are the people that I'll see in hell with a shovel for them. Now, Vietnam was 'different'
war but not really. The American Indian fought the US Army this same way...he** we fought the British the same way......we just DON'T READ HISTORY OR APPLY IT !!!

SEMPER FI.........>Chuck <!-- / message -->

tripledog
08-01-08, 07:17 PM
I find it hard to believe the question

"What if we never went to war?"

Are you serious?

Where have you been?

Do you think asking that kind of question will change history?

I can understand discussions on how, when, where , what , why etc, but "What if we never went to war?" That is the kind of question that pacifivers ask after they went to Canada and want to come back. It is the kind of questions that newshounds ask to get stupid answers.

What if we never went to war?

Good lord dude, we did it already!!!!

CH53MetalMan
08-02-08, 06:57 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Keep in mind that small minds discuss other people, gossip, innuendo and the like. Average minds discuss past and future events. Deep minds discuss ideas. Ideas are something that many people are uncomfortable discussing, for fear that they might offend someone. And a good idea often starts with, what if?

CH53MetalMan
08-02-08, 07:01 AM
Although we can't change History, we should learn from it and attempt not to repeat any miscues. So it bears discussing, if your mind is open.

tripledog
08-02-08, 08:31 AM
And "What if we never went to war" is gonna expand our history or mind base? Give it up, those are the same questions I heard while disembarking from the plane in Frisco when those were the same people trying to **** on me. What if's are for the politicans , not the soldier who went to war.

Dave Coup
08-02-08, 10:36 AM
provide better backup for the French LOL
Pretty hard to back up an Army that's backing up:D

FistFu68
08-02-08, 11:55 AM
:evilgrin: WHAT IF AT MY BIRTH,THEY HAD GIVEN ME THE PENIS REDUCTION;THAT I NEEDED SOO VERY BADD BEING A XXX-LARGE?THEN ALL THE WOMEN I HAD STUCK OVER THE YEARS, WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TOO BE ABLE TOO CRUISE THROUGH THE PAIN OF CHILDBIRTH;WHICH I HAVE BEEN DESERVEDLY THANKED SO MANY X'S OVER THE YEARS BY THEM WOMEN.WHAT IF???THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A REAL BUMMER FOR ME @ THEM!!!:p :banana:

tripledog
08-02-08, 03:36 PM
:evilgrin: COCKED~LOCKED~READY TO ROCK :thumbup: aND TIME TO ADD FULL OF ****. LOL

FistFu68
08-02-08, 09:35 PM
:evilgrin: KEEP TALKING LIKE THAT,IT FEELS GOOD;STARTING TOO GIVE ME A "YARD" ON!!!(LMFAO) :D :iwo:

Hercules1944
08-02-08, 10:52 PM
When I left the NAM in October 1967 we were winning. What the hell happened? Frig you chicken politicoes. Same thing in Iraq today. Let Marines do what they are trained and paid to do. Then, no problem. Good night Chesty.

awbrown1462
08-03-08, 10:21 AM
what if the politicans told the Generals to go to the North and win

CH53MetalMan
08-04-08, 04:16 AM
what if the politicans told the Generals to go to the North and win

In the nuclear age, it wasn't worth uping the anty to this point. The idea was to keep the war running as long as possible.

Hercules1944
08-04-08, 06:36 AM
[Prime Minister John Howard - Australia]

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS , MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians, as we have never seen before.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH . not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, then you have no choice but to learn "our" language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this But once you are finished complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom ..

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Well, if we had any real leaders in this country, we would not be in the mess we are in today.

FistFu68
08-04-08, 07:32 AM
:evilgrin: NOW I KNOW WHY I THOUGHT VERY HIGHLY OF THE AUSSIES WHO FOUGHT NEXT TOO ME IN THE 'NAM :beer: :iwo:

CH53MetalMan
08-05-08, 01:24 PM
:evilgrin: NOW I KNOW WHY I THOUGHT VERY HIGHLY OF THE AUSSIES WHO FOUGHT NEXT TOO ME IN THE 'NAM :beer: :iwo:

Well thats good, because then you should have picked-up on one little trick that the Aussies are good at. Whenever they toss out their boomerang, they pay attention for it to return, otherwise they get knocked in the back of the head.

FistFu68
08-05-08, 02:08 PM
:usmc: I GOT SUMTHING FOR YOU'R HEAD TOO WISEAZZ!!!:D :banana:

Hercules1944
08-05-08, 02:20 PM
Lou Dobbs Tonight
Tuesday August 5, 2008

Tonight, we’ll have all the latest news from the campaign
trail, an update on Tropical Storm Edouard as it makes landfall
in Texas, and all the day’s news from around the country. Plus:

* Jose Medellin is scheduled to be executed at 7 p.m. ET
tonight. The illegal alien from Mexico was convicted of the
brutal rape and murder of two teenage girls in Texas in 1993.
But Medellin’s lawyers say he was not allowed to contact the
Mexican consulate upon arrest and his case has drawn
international criticism. The World Court ordered the United
States last month to stop his execution. But the state of Texas
says it’s not bound by international court -- only by the U.S.
Supreme Court.

* Yesterday, the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration,
Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
passed a law to raise the number of visas for registered nurses
by 20,000. Why are these positions not being offered to United
States citizens?

How we ever going to win anything? Who gives a frig about the toothless World Court? I really hate to say it, but, America has lost it's identity.:iwo: